Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#76New Post! Nov 07, 2007 @ 22:40:36
@rockdave Said
did i once say 'all immigrants are like that' please read it properly. all im saying is our gates shouldnt be left completely open, britain needs to be more careful about who it lets in thats all, abu hamza cant be deported on the basis he holds british citizenship, yet why shouldnt he be stripped of it as he wants to incite racial hate on the western free world?

But it's already been said that we agree that immigration should be policed. People "like that" shouldn't be allowed in the country. Convicted felons should not be allowed in.

Please define the group that you would like to restrict access to. That would help a great deal.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#77New Post! Nov 07, 2007 @ 22:44:38
@stumblinthrulife Said
My assumption was that you were extending that argument and that your reasoning was that under Sharia law women are afforded little protection.

I don't appreciate being sworn at by the way. I've been nothing but civil in this debate.

listen i appologise to you personally but i just think we have gotten it all wrong in this country. i vote tory myself (well i would but i aint been legal to vote yet cuz of my age or not registered where im living) but what i mean is regardless of the law theres little in place to stop a person who believes in sharia law doing something as despicable as that. thats all im saying. again i appologise to you on a personal level dude, i just get frustrated sometimes cuz im s***e at wording what i mean then people see it the wrong way, probably understandably so.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#78New Post! Nov 07, 2007 @ 23:00:50
@rockdave Said
listen i appologise to you personally but i just think we have gotten it all wrong in this country. i vote tory myself (well i would but i aint been legal to vote yet cuz of my age or not registered where im living) but what i mean is regardless of the law theres little in place to stop a person who believes in sharia law doing something as despicable as that. thats all im saying. again i appologise to you on a personal level dude, i just get frustrated sometimes cuz im s***e at wording what i mean then people see it the wrong way, probably understandably so.

Apology accepted.

I guess the thing I'm struggling with is what you want to do about people believing in sharia law. You're probably right, someone with a deep seated belief that women are second class citizens probably are more likely to commit a crime like this. But that belief is certainly not limited to followers of Sharia law, in all honesty.

Anyway, putting aside the thousands of sexist rapists that don't follow that law, what do you actually want to do about Sharia law? It's not legal to practice it. Those items that conflict directly with our law are illegal.

There are only two other things I can think of that could extend the illegality of it -

1. Make it illegal to think about or believe in Sharia law. Read 1984, pay attention to "thought crime"
2. Deny immigration to anyone who has in the past lived under Sharia law - regardless of their personal deeds, qualifications, etc... because they are more likely to commit crime. Remember that in this country, we are innocent until proven guilty. To pronounce judgment on someone before they've even committed the crime, never mind been proven guilty, makes a mockery of our justice system.

If I'm way off the mark, let me know. If you have a third option, I'd love to hear it.

I'm seriously not trying to attack you here. This is just what I do. I like to understand people's viewpoints, challenge them, and make you think about them. If your view stand up under such scrutinity, then this should only strengthen your opinions. If not, well, good job you've the option to change your mind, eh?

Either way, I'll defend your right to hold your opinion too. Not just that of Muslim immigrants.
rockdave On May 23, 2009

peterboring, United Kingdom
#79New Post! Nov 07, 2007 @ 23:13:52
i think we should do what australia do (cuz theyre britain mkII with better weather, sexier women and finer beer ) just let a certain amount in a year that have qualifications that would benfit this country in an employment and economy way, also having to speak english and have a job (to prevent those few that come here purely for housing benefits etc..). outside eu immigrants should have checks that they dont believe in sharia law and all that jazz. thats in my ideal little 'daves world' type thing. of course the eu have f***ed all that up
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs