Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 17:27:38
@stormie76 Said
Woah finger printing or thumb printing would cause a uproar here in Australia the goverment here are trying to push through this smart card thing and that has caused alot of uproar due to the whole big brother is watching thing, hate to see what would happen if they try to finger print people here.

A SINGLE "smart card" for every Australian adult, providing access to Medicare, welfare and tax benefits - while doubling as a national identity card.

The card would include a computer chip with personal details and a photograph, and is designed to reduce welfare and identity fraud, and protect against terrorists.

It would replace up to 19 other cards used by beneficiaries of government payments, including those for pensions, unemployment benefits, child care, Austudy, family tax benefits and concessions for medicines.

Since the London bombings last year the Government had also been considering introducing a separate identity card to fight terrorism and boost national security. But the cost of two cards is regarded as far too high, so cabinet will now look at combining aspects of both.

I don't want to turn this into a national id debate. If we want that debates, let's take it elsewhere.

This is more about identity for personal reasons, and personal security of your own information with private companies.
moggy3 On July 26, 2008

Brough, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Nov 27, 2007 @ 13:00:57
I have a totally hack proof system for passwords etc, its called a notebook.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#33New Post! Nov 27, 2007 @ 14:45:06
@moggy3 Said
I have a totally hack proof system for passwords etc, its called a notebook.

Ummmmmmm. And what happens if you lose your notebook? Or it gets stolen?

I have a totally hack proof system for passwords - it's called my memory. The point is that I have too many things to remember now, and the notebook idea really isn't very secure.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs