TFS News & Notices

Respect for each other

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
headaches4life On December 12, 2011

Jenison, Michigan
#46New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 00:49:35
I feel like I have missed out on so much! But I am guilty too. sorta. i think. hardle. i'll quit talking now. But i think that we all get along pretty well.
xxdeceivingeyesxx On April 19, 2009

Deleted

nowhere, California
#47New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 01:44:24
So far I haven't seen much hostile debating. I've been to some forums where debating in general turns into' cursing someone out, wanting to meet eachother to go fight eachother, threats to trace their I.P. and "f*** that b**** up"
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 07:38:00
The block person feature is so cool, i want one in real life
wildething On February 04, 2008

, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 07:47:05
i think that there are some topics where it is notoriously difficult not to offend some people's sensibilities, but we cannot just play safe and steer clear of all contentious topics because of that, however swearing, making personal comments, or just saying someone's opinions are rubbish or BS, is not in keeping with the rules of a good debate.
daifu On December 20, 2007

Deleted

somewhere in the south, German
#50New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 08:36:19
@treebee Said
The block person feature is so cool, i want one in real life

The block feature IMO is maybe cool but from a communication point of view a failure. Once you block a person the only thing you do is to "mutilate" yourself. Not seeing or hearing what another person has to say may help to avoid your (often justified) reaction. But it does not hamper the person that induced you to use this extreme measure, to continue in the same way with other (new and old members).

From this point of view I belief that we could see here a call for a "different" moderation. If a moderator would "speak" maybe more often with people showing an aggressive or bullying behavior (especially posts that are not taking position on content or positions expressed by the other but have the mere intention of "humiliating" his person) maybe we would avoid he necessity of a thread like this. And "punching" is not what I speak about. When you "punch" IMHO it is already late and the whole thing has gone in a totally wrong direction.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Oct 10, 2007 @ 10:19:12
@daifu Said
The block feature IMO is maybe cool but from a communication point of view a failure. Once you block a person the only thing you do is to "mutilate" yourself. Not seeing or hearing what another person has to say may help to avoid your (often justified) reaction. But it does not hamper the person that induced you to use this extreme measure, to continue in the same way with other (new and old members).

From this point of view I belief that we could see here a call for a "different" moderation. If a moderator would "speak" maybe more often with people showing an aggressive or bullying behavior (especially posts that are not taking position on content or positions expressed by the other but have the mere intention of "humiliating" his person) maybe we would avoid he necessity of a thread like this. And "punching" is not what I speak about. When you "punch" IMHO it is already late and the whole thing has gone in a totally wrong direction.

I disagree, there is nothing better to do at times than to block a user when you are angry or irritated. We cannot always be rational and it would be a shame to tarnish a clean record for the sake of being emotional. Also people will tease you when you are being very emotional about a subject. There is no difference blocking a member than to walk away from them in real life when you feel the urge to hit out in frustration. The general advice is to block a user if they are irritating you, its easy to un-block them later.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs