Site Support

SOme questions not totally answered in FAQ

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sicros On November 28, 2008

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#1New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 09:56:10
I once posted a topic and got a CRAPLOAD of points for it because it was very long. Yet i have posted another response the same length and got half as many points, does my post response score have anything to do with this? Does my PRS directly effect anything if it's too high or too low? Or is it just for show to tell others how long your responses are overall.
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#2New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:03:52
The points you receive for any given post is determined by a formula tino created and nobody knows how it works. We do know a few things about it thoough, it gives you no (or very few) points if you copy and paste and gives you more for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. It also has an element of randomness to it aswell, as, like you said, sometimes similar length posts score completely differently.

As for the PLS it just gives other members an idea of the type/length of posts you create
anilaicraM On July 23, 2011

East Bay, California
#3New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:55:34
I had not idea that correct spelling, grammar and punctuation was pretty much required for an acceptable points score.

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#4New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 10:59:32
@misunderstood Said
The points you receive for any given post is determined by a formula tino created and nobody knows how it works. We do know a few things about it thoough, it gives you no (or very few) points if you copy and paste and gives you more for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. It also has an element of randomness to it aswell, as, like you said, sometimes similar length posts score completely differently.

As for the PLS it just gives other members an idea of the type/length of posts you create

I now understand. So, using terms like laugh out load are not good in geting you points. I got it! Tino is a genuis! There instant 100 points. I know it's really clever almost as clever as tinos formula, I wonder what it is? The most i have ever gotten for one post is 26 points i'll closely examin it and see what i did.
ugly_ducky On September 30, 2008

Jurassic Pond,
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 11:01:04
@sicros Said
I now understand. So, using terms like laugh out load are not good in geting you points. I got it! Tino is a genuis! There instant 100 points. I know it's really clever almost as clever as tinos formula, I wonder what it is? The most i have ever gotten for one post is 26 points i'll closely examin it and see what i did.

You are too obsessed with points.

Deleted

Dothan, Alabama
#6New Post! Sep 22, 2007 @ 16:36:58
@ugly_ducky Said
You are too obsessed with points.
No, I am not obsessed with points. Don't get me wrong points are pretty cool, but, I'm not obsessed with them. I'm obsessed with numbers. I don't even want to get into that right now. the whole neurology thing i love it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs