Forums:
Sports

Forsberg for the flyers!! whats your teams player for the forthcoming season

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
thezus On September 12, 2005

Southampton, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:25:26
Forsberg at the flyers its going to be such a good season and with him there he can help the new youngesters like richards, sharpcarter and Niittymaki. but also take the pressure off them so they can just go for it in their first season!!
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:39:42
Oh goody! A chance to talk about the Islanders!

Will you miss Roenick? It'll be weird seeing him in a Kings jersey, I have always known him to be a Flyer. I've been watching hockey for 12 years now, but I'm not sure if he played for another team since I was probably too young to remember.

Feel free to ignore the rest. I'll understand.

Islanders have signed Satan. I'm excited about that. Yashin has been needing a strong, goal scoring winger for quite a long time now. Satan should work with him. I have big hopes that they both explode in the presence of each other, and finally get the Islanders' offense going.

I think I've mentioned this somewhere else. As much as I love having Satan here, I was kinda hoping for him to go to the Devils. Maybe even have a rule change permitting a three digit jersey number, 666 of course. I can see it now. That's a great jersey.

Isles got rid Peca. I was upset about the Peca trade because we got Mike York from the Oilers in exchange, and he's an ex-Ranger. I really liked Peca. He was a great leader, and a great defensive forward. But his stats matched up more or less with York's and York is younger, and I believe he has a lower salary too. Peca was a good guy. But he just wasn't ever the same since the Tucker cheapshot in the 02 playoffs. Still, I'll give this York guy a chance, see what he can do for us, I really don't have any choice I guess. I'll miss Peca though.

As for Aucoin signing with Chicago, I was very surprised. He got a better offer and took it instead of staying with his team. I believe it was something like an extra million a year. Great defenseman who had a lot of ice time. I liked him too, but he ditched us..for Chicago -- the joke of the Western Conference last year. I understand with the salary cap they've been able to build their team up quite a bit, but still. I'll miss Oakie.

Same with Scatchard. He signed with Boston. I'll miss him too.

We also signed Brent Sopel (I think that's his name?). I had never heard of him when I first read about it, but since Aucoin signed with the Hawks and Jonsson is still in Sweden and refuses to come back to the NHL, Sopel can't hurt the defense.

Jonsson was another good defensemen. But he was at his ending days, and after not playing for a full season I don't know how good he would have been. Not to mention his history of concussions. Maybe it's better he stays in Sweden. He was a big part of the Islanders too. Been with us for many years. I'll miss him too.

I'm forgetting one big guy though. Alexei Zhitnik. Signed with us early on. I read a quote somewhere, it showed he was very happy about joining the Islanders. That the Isles were his first choice. He's a solid defenseman also, so he'll replace Aucoin. If we can sign Hamrlik and Niinamaa I'll be happy with our defense.

We signed Garth Snow also. Not a spectacular goalie, very streaky, but he should be able to help DiPietro, our young star. It's said he's also very good in the locker room when it comes to mentally preparing the rest of the guys. I like him though, he's big and tough, and loves being here too.

Alright. I'm done.

#3New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:46:48
Yeah we will miss Roenick but he will always be remembered and loved by all the flyers and fans and wished well! so we have you in the first few games of the season i'm hoping Forsberg will be on song (sorry)!!
frozen On December 15, 2009

Manchester, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:53:37
I'll back the Devils this season. For the simple reason that i'm a netminder fiend With Roy out of the picture and Hasek past his best... the mantle falls upon Marty Brodeur's shoulders. Let's face it, he's been there and done it, and has the silverware to prove it.

With a great netminder comes confidence, with this the team can go forward and not have to worry about shakey goal-tending. And if scotty gomez gets in peak form, they can have a potent attack

#5New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:56:47
@frozen Said
I'll back the Devils this season. For the simple reason that i'm a netminder fiend With Roy out of the picture and Hasek past his best... the mantle falls upon Marty Brodeur's shoulders. Let's face it, he's been there and done it, and has the silverware to prove it.

With a great netminder comes confidence, with this the team can go forward and not have to worry about shakey goal-tending. And if scotty gomez gets in peak form, they can have a potent attack

I love Brodeur. He's an excellent goaltender. Best puck handler in the league. Too bad about that rule change though, which allows goalies to play the puck behind the red line only if it's in their trapezoid. I don't like that rule, I think I've mentioned it before.

DiPietro (the Isles starting goalie) is probably the second best puck handler in the league. Helps out your team a lot since it forces the other team to carry in the puck instead of dumping it. Also helps on the PK and PP too I guess.

Edit: Check out the rule changes here: https://www.theforumsite.com/forum.php?t=7311

#6New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 13:59:30
i haven't heard about that rule, but it sounds like it'll suck! Didn't Marty score a goal once??

#7New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 14:01:06
@frozen Said
i haven't heard about that rule, but it sounds like it'll suck! Didn't Marty score a goal once??

I'm not sure. A few goalies have scored goals, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brodeur. I was kinda hoping DiPietro would get one. I guess it's still technically possible for goalies to score, but it'll just be a hell of a lot more difficult.

#8New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 14:03:09
As well as esche we have Niittymaki who was the AHL playoff MVP didn't let in any at home over the playoffs!!! so as well as a hot forward line the d is going to be soild too!!! go flyers

#9New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 14:06:24
TBH,i haven't really seen much of the trades that have taken place so far... supose i'll catch up with them once the season starts and be like "when did he sign??"

#10New Post! Aug 09, 2005 @ 15:49:21
@frozen Said
TBH,i haven't really seen much of the trades that have taken place so far... supose i'll catch up with them once the season starts and be like "when did he sign??"

Haha. That's probably the easiest thing to do. It's a fun time because everything is so crazy. Trades everywhere, signings everywhere, it's fun to read about.

NHL.com and Yahoo! are what I usually use to read up on signings
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs