Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#16New Post! Oct 01, 2005 @ 03:45:21
@luvl3tter Said

And, President Bush is backing up what the people who voted for him want!

I think that it should be pointed out here that he won two elections by the absolute simist of margins and will aileanat 49.5% of the population. This also was not the only issue that he ran on, in fact I don't remember him ever bring this up is his speaches.

@luvl3tter Said
They should teach science in the science classes. Why should one be opposed to science if it points to a possible creation as opposed to evolution? Aren't school to teach students to be critical thinkers and not to swallow all the bull s*** fed to them?

Your are right that is why the should only teach evolution in science and save the BS for religion classes.Thanks
steraw04 On December 12, 2007

Toronto, Canada
#17New Post! Oct 01, 2005 @ 11:11:44
i dont think the whole intelligent design is a theory!
a theory is something that can be just proved by scientific or statistical methods!
intelligent design is just an opinion.
even though the true mechanisms of evolution are not known we do know how we came to be on this world.
i think saying we are too complex is ignoring the issue that some people are scared of seeing ourselves as a biological mechanism without any control over what we can do or not.
but i do agree....religion shouldnt play a part in any science lesson. they're incomparable!
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#18New Post! Oct 01, 2005 @ 14:48:35
well I think we can all agree that bush is an idiot however id like to point out that one can be a creationist without believing in any organised religion. Stephen hawking and albert einstein were both creationists after the discovery's they made. however they didn't believe in god on any personal level. Now I can see the delema beause of corse any organised religion is going to embrace any idea that lends there claims credence however the U.S. is supposed to be the land of the free. The solution I think would be to teach both placing NO religious emphasis on the creation theroy.
rocket325 On August 07, 2015

Northwest, Connecticut
#19New Post! Oct 01, 2005 @ 19:19:38
Does this seem like another impudent stance by Bush and completely unconstitutional to anyone else?

I don't believe the Founding Fathers would object to reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in schools. Every piece of money made in this country has "In God We Trust" on it.
This started way before Bush was born. Let those who wish to recite do so; and those who don't can trust in evolution instead!

Deleted

#20New Post! Oct 01, 2005 @ 23:48:58
@rocket325 Said
Does this seem like another impudent stance by Bush and completely unconstitutional to anyone else?

I think it is a constitutional question. This will need to be decided by the Supreme Court someday.

@rocket325 Said
I don't believe the Founding Fathers would object to reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in schools. Every piece of money made in this country has "In God We Trust" on it.
This started way before Bush was born. Let those who wish to recite do so; and those who don't can trust in evolution instead!

True! I will say this though. Bush is the first Pres that I remember that was so open about his religion. This I think is making him the lightening rod.
wristband On July 19, 2009

Emerald City,
#21New Post! Oct 04, 2005 @ 03:04:44
Intellegent design taught in schools doesn't mean the teacher is like "Sinners, get your asses in church and repent!" It means there are gaps in evolution that some people [republicans] fill with religion.
There are some good points for intelligent design, as well as microevolution.
bstumbo On April 26, 2006

Tiburon, Ca., California
#22New Post! Oct 04, 2005 @ 03:32:37
@rocket325 Said

If the Founding Fathers wanted "under God" in the pledge of allegiance, why didn't they put it there? The original Pledge of Allegiance as written DID NOT have "under God" in it!
lonerwolf On May 04, 2006

Deleted

#23New Post! Oct 04, 2005 @ 22:05:20
Yeah...actually the separation of Church and State was made because back in England the people who founded our country were being forced to 'worship'in a certain way and didn't want to...they wrote it so that churches could have absolute, state untouched freedom.
So what if you believe in God. It's not wrong to be an optimist and think...maybe there's something bigger than me, maybe I'm not doomed to live out a life with a bunch of other beings just as dumb as me.
Intelligent design is a theory, and so is the Big Bang. They both can be proven somewhat, and they both have issues that question their trueness. I think both can be taught, as long as we stick to facts.

Deleted

#24New Post! Oct 05, 2005 @ 01:46:42
@lonerwolf Said
Yeah...actually the separation of Church and State was made because back in England the people who founded our country were being forced to 'worship'in a certain way and didn't want to...they wrote it so that churches could have absolute, state untouched freedom.
So what if you believe in God. It's not wrong to be an optimist and think...maybe there's something bigger than me, maybe I'm not doomed to live out a life with a bunch of other beings just as dumb as me.
Intelligent design is a theory, and so is the Big Bang. They both can be proven somewhat, and they both have issues that question their trueness. I think both can be taught, as long as we stick to facts.

Right now the Big Bang is only a theory. It is the best one that science has to offer at this moment with the what we know. It may be later to be not true as our knowledge of astrophisics increases. "Intelligent Design." an idea that I have not heard of until recently (that title for creation that is) has even less evidence. It is a hope, that is all. It needs to be left in religious ed, and leave science in the science classes. Just the contiversy that this is going to cause is reason enough not to teach both in science class,and leave it philosophy, or social studies classesas other religions are disscussed. It will disrupt an already fragile school program that needs to focus on educating our childern.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs