Environment

balance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
thefourfoldroot On March 02, 2008

London, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 15:28:10
But the Earth will be destroyed. The universe will eventually become unable to support life. But i agree, to talk of these facts does not prove that the Earth has no soul (although i think the burden of proof is on other's to prove that it does)

Most of us do not need a sense of understanding, as you put it, we need a sense of mental comfort, that is why religion is ubiquitous.

If you have felt the need to choose between alternative explainations given to you, i would ask why you cannot accept what you see rather than what you feel to be right. Is this not more likely to be true? Could you not even accept that we do not know an answer rather than try to choose between religious/spiritual theories that have been largely disproven by science (that is those elements that it is possible to disprove, some spiritual teaching is, of course, impossible to disprove by its very nature). I'm reluctant to criticise your culture because of the treatment it has recieved, but i feel this way about all spiritual belief.
old55 On September 26, 2007

, Australia
#17New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 15:48:50
the earth is what i can see, feel and walk upon its not a figure of mans imagination the dreamtime stories are of course but they are hundreds of thousands years old passed down orally until 200 yrs ago as aboriginals didnt write only drew pictures its our only connection to those who came before us
its not so much of a worship i guess its more that i feel a respect and protection towards the earth like a guardianship i love the wonder of her and thats all we can do is wonder about her no one knows the answers
when u dream isnt that in the nonphysical sense
to debate my cultural beliefs is not criticism feel free

, Australia
#18New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 16:00:13
i stayed up tonight so that we could be on line at the same time you gave me a few more thoughts its been very interesting thanx 4foldfoot
suicide_blonde On April 08, 2008

Deleted

seventh circle of hell, United
#19New Post! Sep 02, 2007 @ 21:06:21
@old55 Said
the earth exists through balance between 2 poles positive and negative these forces pushing against each other creates the energy that makes the world go round we have tipped the balance since the industrial age and consumerism took over
shifting weights- taking huge amounts of earth from one place and depositing elswhere (turning it into a city)
interfering with the polarity by erecting huge magnetic cities
extracting uranium from the ground and injecting back into it higly toxic waste
raising the oceans temperature by exploding bombs below the surface
destroying the ozone layer and melting the icecaps
within humanity there has never been a balance
people gorging themselves when others starve and have nothing
people holidaying and having fun when others are wartorn
some own 2-3 houses when others are homeless
those who love and those who hate
we must bring back a balance resist excessive consumption live with as little as possible not with more than u need

interesting. how would you suggest that we correct this imbalance? stop eating? live in huts without electricity? give up vacations until there is peace on earth? destroy all cities?

i have heard this same statement uttered (and always online which i find soooo ironic) many times before. everyone, including yourself, reaps the rewards of modern society. do you not own a computer? an mp3 player? a television? a telephone? a microwave oven? do you need all of these things for survival? no.

in an ideal world we would tread and leave no footprint. this is not reality. never has been, never will be.

, Australia
#20New Post! Sep 06, 2007 @ 05:32:20
yes i am at fault as well and im not blaming anyone but the corporate moneymakers we cannot go back we all must enjoy the quality of life that we are accustomed to, i just wonder how long that will last at this pace i am a consumer but i do not consume excessively or buy what i dont need i live 20k out of town isolated with no close neighbours for the past ten years i had no phone no means of communication until my sons convinced me two months ago to get the phone on followed by the computer and live messenger so we could have contact as i am getting older they worry i have always had a tv and cd player but no microwave no mp3 as i said i am at fault i drive a car as well but i just try and keep everything at a minimal thats all im suggesting
lisa_coke On March 21, 2008

melbourne, Australia
#21New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 09:35:31
we all need to live a more generous, magnanimous lifestyle. Give, not take. Grow ourselves, not buy, and yet, spend not spendthrift. We need shower ourselves and others with whatever we can shower them with, and maybe all this generosity towards othgers will make us just alive enough to stay alive ourselves.

the key word for everything is: GREEN

we really really need to spend all our free time either benefiting spiritual life by educating and bettering ourselves, or supporting, propogating, protecting material life by giving material mresources to those that have not enough to cover basic necessities
lisa_coke On March 21, 2008

melbourne, Australia
#22New Post! Mar 21, 2008 @ 09:39:40
Life is a constant chain of making difficult decisions, choices about what to spend it on. Kinda like a parent on a single income always wonders, do I buy myself new shoes or invest into my toddlers education? Do I go out to movies or buy a kilo of strawberries for my family? Everyone should be always or at least sometimes thinking what they are gonna do for it all...because if we do not save ourselves by acting, thinking, worrying no onje else will.

The reason we all suffer because we are never self-reliant enough. We either over-rely on divinbe intervention, or blame it all on jews and environmental pollution.

we are too lethargic and asleep. and we never think enough WHAT SHOULD BE DONE, so that we can act as resourcefully and efficiently as possibly. After all, careful planning means optimal use of one's time and energy.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs