Forums: Travel:
The Great Outdoors

Fishing

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
eaglefly11 On July 17, 2007

Maple Grove,
#1New Post! Jul 05, 2007 @ 06:24:49
Are there any fishermen or I should say fisher people(not to exclude the ladies who fish) that have participated in any bass tourneys or thinking about doing it. If you have do you have any suggestions for someone that would like to start?
vekta On November 18, 2013

#2New Post! Feb 25, 2008 @ 22:38:29
I've never entered tournaments but I have landed a few good sized bass of a brush hog. The biggest thing is persistence. If you're going for bass learn how to look for underwater structure, terrain features, and understand basic fish behavior for the spices you're targeting. Have a very wide verity of lures to use, sizes, colors, shapes, from surface lures to bottom. Practice those casting techniques. There is way, way,way too much for someone to sit here and tell you. A lot of it is watching, learning, asking questions, practicing BEFORE you inter a tournament. I'm not saying you can't just go try it out. I would hate for you to get discouraged that's all.

PS- Soft plastics are my favorite to fish. Especially Baby Brushogs from Zoom Lures. Soft plastic fishing is a very slow relaxing way of fishing most of the time.
erijane On September 05, 2008

New York, New York
#3New Post! Mar 11, 2008 @ 15:38:47
I'm a fisher-women thanks for the Pc correction- And I have done torments! My best advice would be fish the water of the event before hand- so you have an idea of locations of bites times of day water depths and temps. also be sure you know what bait will be allowed the day of the event and only use that when taking your pre- notes.. Other then that dont wash you socks say a prayer to the moon and get back on here and tell me how you did!
Best of luck to you!

Also you can find great info on the net- maybe even local boards
about the body of water in question!
Location- duration -depths -bait
turtleheadsoup On August 17, 2008

big bend, Florida
#4New Post! Jun 10, 2008 @ 02:24:13
I am new but have a few suggestions.Lots of practice.You'll need to know what works in ALL situations.Colors,topwater,on the bottom,buzz baits,worms ect...You'll definatley need a boat if you don't have one know.Start fishing in your local bass tournaments and be sure you place in the top a bunch of them.Bass fishing takes big bucks until you get a sponser which won't happen any time soon.Get a personality,sponsers love the guys good at the pr side of it as well.Fish,fish,fish.Again placing in the top 3 repeated number of times will be the best place to start.Then you can go to your local tackle store which you spend lots of money in and ask around for rod/reel sponsers.Good luck.
lisalgk On July 24, 2008

Deleted

Osceola, Indiana
#5New Post! Jul 15, 2008 @ 23:12:09
Nope... I'm a "carp" kinda girl. (That's all I fish for... I can't bring myself to use live bait, and I suck with luers.)
chef84 On May 08, 2009

staffs, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 08, 2009 @ 13:13:40
hi there anybody fished hopton pools in staffordshire england? i went up there the other night for a look around cause its been a while and its been closed due to an infection!! wondering if anyone knows anything about it.
Paul_the_Tool On May 20, 2009

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 11, 2009 @ 16:05:07
Have you tried the county council web site, to see if there's any info there about the infection?
dragonfire1977 On May 29, 2012

Saginaw, Michigan
#8New Post! Jul 26, 2009 @ 02:38:07
sorry never tried a tourney but i catch a lot on Berkeley Power baits.
dragonfire1977 On May 29, 2012

Saginaw, Michigan
#9New Post! Jul 26, 2009 @ 02:44:30
selective On October 06, 2009

monterville, West Virginia
#10New Post! Aug 26, 2009 @ 15:19:17
peace and quiet thats all it is about when your flyfishing up in a stream miles from everyone and its God and you and the fish

take it to the limit
maolei97 On November 04, 2009

chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Oct 29, 2009 @ 10:09:27
angling, thats how they called it, and people invove in this kind of leisure sports are angler.... this is very relaxing and nice recreation.... i am doing this every weekends
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jan 07, 2011 @ 01:22:10
i will tell a true fishing story that happen to me in 1972, i was 16 or 17 years old, at summer camp in minnesota. my cabinmates, i and our two staffs decided to going early morning in fishing around 5:30am in the morning. i should point out that this was july, when this happen, at night, it can dropped in 30 and 40 dgrees. if i remember, it was about 45 degree at 4:30am, when we woke up, we all put at least 3 layers of clothes to go on a pontoon boat. all we,( 9 campers ( included me ) 2 staffs ) got the beach, we climbed into the pontoon boat, there is a fence shape gate on top of the pontoon boat, before we could leave on a trip, by law, we had to put on life preservers. for bait, the day before we dig up worms and that morning, we also have kellog's corn flakes ( what you do put a handful of corn flakes in your hand,and then wet down, and make a big ball out of them, and put the ball on your fish hook, fishes, love corn flakes. i like corn flakes with sugar myself ! ) it took 15 minutes, a good fish spot to fish. about 6:30 or 6:45 am, i forgot the reason, why i put my fishing rod on the side of boat, there is a little fishing stand, where i put my fishing rod in. then, some reason, i walking backward to other side of the boat, all sudden, the latch of the gate opened, i feel backward in the lake, i had on my life preserver that tight, when i made a big splash, everybody heard turn around. i was floating and the water really f-u-c-k-y cold, i guess i was a little in shock, i remember i was laughing my head off! my cabinmates were scared for me, and screaming at my staff. it took about 5 minutes, maybe, a little longer, with 3 layers of clothes, and my own weight, it took all them to pull in moby d*** ! by now, i starting shivering and not looking good, we head back to the fishing dock ,and now, my junior counselor was a little overzealous, he was driving the boat, we must been going 30 to 40 miles per hour. with the size boat, he would put the boat on the side of the fishing dock, he didn't slowed down enough, he literally rammed the dock, and part of the boat was on the top of the fishing dock. we all laughed hard ! then my junior counselor came over and pick up( i must weight about 100 pounds ) walked to the nurse of the camp. he walked me from the beach,up a hill, and then to the infirmary. then i took all my clothes off, and i was wrapped myself sheets and blankets, and i had a bowl of oatmeal, i was feeling better now. the nurse told me, she wanted me to stayed the night in the infirmary to keep eye on me ! the next day, i feel fine ! the end !
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#13New Post! Jan 07, 2011 @ 01:42:50
All I fish for is catfish, Crappie abd Bream, although I have an eight and a half pound large mout on the wall. I was fishing with blue nose worms right after a thunderstorm in about ten feet of water when "Buster" picked it up...what a surprise!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs