The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

I Don't Think This Is Racist At All and I'm Black!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
goddessnoire On August 19, 2007

atherton, California
#61New Post! Aug 18, 2007 @ 20:03:51
I can't believe none of you guys think that what the kid said was stupid and ignorant. Granted the kid was too young to truely understand the significance of such a comment, but if someone other than my significant other called me a chocolate cake i would certainly be offended. I'm not someone's food, so why make a big deal out of skin color by referring to someone's skin color by masking it with a comment about food. That is ridiculous. I find that white people (adults) that say that to feel more at ease around being around a black person by acknowledging their skin color. Wake up people, it's 2007. Get over referring to blacks as chocolate anything.
tonkz On February 13, 2014

Croydon, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Aug 19, 2007 @ 12:10:17
@goddessnoire Said
I can't believe none of you guys think that what the kid said was stupid and ignorant. Granted the kid was too young to truely understand the significance of such a comment, but if someone other than my significant other called me a chocolate cake i would certainly be offended. I'm not someone's food, so why make a big deal out of skin color by referring to someone's skin color by masking it with a comment about food. That is ridiculous. I find that white people (adults) that say that to feel more at ease around being around a black person by acknowledging their skin color. Wake up people, it's 2007. Get over referring to blacks as chocolate anything.

Your blinded from the barriers of - racist/mild joke - of course if someone just randomly came up to you and said it... it could be considered offensive. However to be blunt WEAK and brittle people would be offended by such a stupid comment... the only logical reply would be to either ignore or to laugh.
goddessnoire On August 19, 2007

atherton, California
#63New Post! Aug 19, 2007 @ 19:15:57
@tonkz Said
Your blinded from the barriers of - racist/mild joke - of course if someone just randomly came up to you and said it... it could be considered offensive. However to be blunt WEAK and brittle people would be offended by such a stupid comment... the only logical reply would be to either ignore or to laugh.

It's not about just a random person, even if a friend were to refer to me as a chocolate anything, I would be offended. Why refer to skin color at all? Does it make you more comfortable to mask an inherently racist agenda by saying someone's skin color looks like the color of your favorite desert. Depending on the context everyone is going to take something differently i suppose. I'm not saying riot over stupid comments nor am i saying the kid should have been hung from the highest post for saying what he said, but i most certainly wouldn't call my white friends vanilla cupcakes or vanilla lattes.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#64New Post! Aug 20, 2007 @ 11:22:50
@goddessnoire Said
It's not about just a random person, even if a friend were to refer to me as a chocolate anything, I would be offended. Why refer to skin color at all? Does it make you more comfortable to mask an inherently racist agenda by saying someone's skin color looks like the color of your favorite desert. Depending on the context everyone is going to take something differently i suppose. I'm not saying riot over stupid comments nor am i saying the kid should have been hung from the highest post for saying what he said, but i most certainly wouldn't call my white friends vanilla cupcakes or vanilla lattes.

I think that what you and the person you are sort of agreeing with are seriously deluded! chocolate cakes are good things, therefore its a compliment. if he had said something a long the lines of you're a black tar baby or something really horrible, than I would understand why you would be upset. I think you are the ones that are ignorant and foolish. you clearly can't see beyond the bigger picture.
tonkz On February 13, 2014

Croydon, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Aug 20, 2007 @ 14:21:39
@goddessnoire Said

I understand why you don't agree that its an appropreate thing to say but to be blunt people that get called chocolate cake/vanilla icecream etc that get offended... are seriously weak minded and touchy. People need to act more grown up... a little child calling a black person a chocolate cake is not a crisis... EXPLAINING to the kid that SOME black people would be offended should resolve the problem - if not further mild punishment could trigger the boy/girls mind that it is not something to do.

In one way, calling someone a desert could be a compliment... it could be a metephor describing you as a sweet person that alot of people like!

A way to advance from this racism in the world is to be offended by those with DIRECT meaning to offend racist comments and violence.
Little kids who call ppl chocolate cakes is not a target you should be trying to eliminate. The kid can be dealt with the way a kid would be dealt with if he say drew a picture on the wall in crayons.

For another example that i have come across and analysed:
I say that black people are usually better at sports because of their natural muscle that can more easily grow - which increased strength. It's not racist to say that back hundreds of years the black people in africa worked harder as its a harder environment to live in with predetors etc - around 30% of black people in my country would prob accuse me of being racist just for saying that comment. Some black people think that any dicsussion that individualates blacks from whites is racist - ITS NOT. FACT we are different colors its the bahaviour to each other that needs to be dealt. Whites to black... KKK members - even black gangs in the street tend to pick on white people, iv seen that many times.
It needs to be sorted out civilly.
Thats unlikely to havven if the word racist is degraded so.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#66New Post! Oct 07, 2012 @ 01:38:25
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

I think that what you and the person you are sort of agreeing with are seriously deluded! chocolate cakes are good things, therefore its a compliment. if he had said something a long the lines of you're a black tar baby or something really horrible, than I would understand why you would be upset. I think you are the ones that are ignorant and foolish. you clearly can't see beyond the bigger picture.

I know this is an old thread

I think it was more his tone of voice perhaps that got him into trouble.

Kids are childish; they will express themselves in childish ways; but it doesn't mean that it was necessarily meant innocently (even though I think it was cute as hell). - We weren't there to hear the tone!
A child can say "you're a poopy head!" for instance; which to us is laughable, but may be fighting curse words to a child.
Just another perspective.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs