Forums:
Random

Death to Rap? Agree or not Agree?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dotnor On April 27, 2009

Christchurch, New Zealand
#1New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 05:10:59
I mean i had my friends say some bad stuff bout rap but im saying nothing towards ether sides but Agree or not Agree?
decoy25 On August 25, 2011

Washington, District of Columb
#2New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 05:13:07
Well I am split on the road on this one. Crunk rap needs to die for sure lil (insert name here)'s need to leave the scene. But there is still good stuff out there. Nas for example he is still putting out some amazing sounding rap music and then you can go back a bit and listen to stuff from people like DMX and Bonecrusher some southern rap for ya that stuff is always fun also. But overall with what I am hearing nowadays we don't need the death of it we need a new revolution.
pyrocat100 On December 08, 2008

Deleted

Santa Rosa, California
#3New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 05:14:17
Somewhat Agree. Honestly I hate rap, but there is the rare occasion that I might like a song of that sort of music, so I wouldn't want it to really dissapear.
dotnor On April 27, 2009

Christchurch, New Zealand
#4New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 05:16:40
The universe must have a underside to it yet rap lives on both the top side and bottom
Quote:
Honestly I hate rap, but there is the rare occasion that I might like a song of that sort of music, so I wouldn't want it to really dissapear.
Compley AGREE
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#5New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 05:28:21
I can't stand rap so I wouldn't mind if it went away.
nerophoira On October 01, 2007

my castle of dreams, United Ki
#6New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 11:14:56
different people have different taste of music, if rap did die out and vanish for eternity then everyone would listen to the same thing and the world would be a boring place.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#7New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 11:17:58
The black rap, the stuff that's flodding the tv, that's what needs to die.

Although look at bands like P.O.D or Limp Bizkit.
I guess limp bizkit isn't a very good example...but there are some good bands out there that use rap in their music
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#8New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 11:35:37
Rap itself is good...rapping about guns and hoes is bad...i like stuff like frontline when it comes to rap...
nirvanachick On February 19, 2008

, New Jersey
#9New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 13:13:35
@young_nick Said
The black rap, the stuff that's flodding the tv, that's what needs to die.

Although look at bands like P.O.D or Limp Bizkit.
I guess limp bizkit isn't a very good example...but there are some good bands out there that use rap in their music

thats not true either. not all 'black' rap is bad. sure some of is may not be appropriate, but look at eminem, hes white and his music isnt appropriate. but then you have black artists, such as kayne west, whos lyrics are less explicit than eminems and he has meaning to his lyrics. but like with most genres of music, youll have the 'bad, not appropriate' music, which are considered bad for society, but you also have the better ones.

anyway, the whole thing with death to rap...why? why would you consider that? rap is just a style of music - the beats and stuff. listen, there is a lot of explicit rap out there but trust me, not all of it is bad. theres some good stuff out there.
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#10New Post! Apr 28, 2007 @ 13:28:48
Black rap has become a sort of genre of its own. or a label.
It doesn't even have anything to do with the race of the rappers themselves...just the lyrics.
But I don't think that term 'black rap' is very widely known.

But I'm referring to the really inappropriate rap.

I've noticed tupac has some really good songs though...lyrically.
I'd never listen to them, but his lyrics are good...and positive from what I've seen.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Apr 29, 2007 @ 15:57:08
I used to wish it would just go away I can't stand most of today's rap, but lately I've been introduced to some old school stuff and it's not nearly as bad. Some of it I actually liked I can appreciate it a little bit more now, so no, I say "rap" stays.

#12New Post! Apr 29, 2007 @ 16:04:38
@young_nick Said
It doesn't even have anything to do with the race of the rappers themselves...just the lyrics.

I'd never listen to them, but his lyrics are good...and positive from what I've seen.

Ok Ok I hate to correct here but black rap is not a rap genre. That is actually a pretty harsh stereo type considering you are just saying that a black man sucks at rapping. Now the rap that is flooding the tv's is Crunk as they call it. Now there are many different sub genres in rap that you see on tv which are good and bad is up to the viewer but please just please don't say black rap anymore makes no sense. Name a artist then people will no the style black is too general of a term.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 29, 2007 @ 16:08:41
@young_nick Said

I don't like how inappropriate rap is referred to as "black rap". Sounds a bit stereotypical and racist to me . . . .

Well, I personally despise rap music, unless its Linkin Park, who I absolutely love. But that could be more to do with the music. . . .

#14New Post! Apr 29, 2007 @ 16:10:26
@hedkandi1984_21 Said
I don't like how inappropriate rap is referred to as "black rap". Sounds a bit stereotypical and racist to me . . . .

Well, I personally despise rap music, unless its Linkin Park, who I absolutely love. But that could be more to do with the music. . . .

Well linkin park was ok. Now mikes side project Fort Minor that is way better.
doodman On September 17, 2007

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 29, 2007 @ 20:35:11
to each there own
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs