The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Health & Fitness:
Mental Health

depression, anxiety, stress related illnesses...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#46New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 01:02:34
Do people STILL actually believe that a person can snap their fingers and magically make a Depression go away????? Please, in this day and age educate yourselves on Depression..

If anyone thinks anyone likes being depressed, try it and see if it's all that fun to be there first before making your judgments.. And Depression can be caused by many, many different things and there are many different reasons for it... No one knows the type of life that person has had to deal with... So sometimes just saying a person has depression because they can't deal with life is the most ignorant as in uneducated statement someone can make..

Sometimes that person has dealt with more issues than you could ever fathom and has come to a point where they can no longer do it. Not everyone's life is a happy journey, sometimes it's a literal living nightmare... So think before you give someone advice without knowing the whole. You may be doing more harm than good with unfounded and brush off comments and advice that sound so easy to you... But will make the depressed person even worse for feeling that way.... A PROFESSIONAL prognosis is needed and even then it takes a professional months to diagnose what you have or not!!!
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 01:09:55
@lilbear Said

Do people STILL actually believe that a person can snap their fingers and magically make a Depression go away????? Please, in this day and age educate yourselves on Depression..

If anyone thinks anyone likes being depressed, try it and see if it's all that fun to be there first before making your judgments.. And Depression can be caused by many, many different things and there are many different reasons for it... No one knows the type of life that person has had to deal with... So sometimes just saying a person has depression because they can't deal with life is the most ignorant as in uneducated statement someone can make..

Sometimes that person has dealt with more issues than you could ever fathom and has come to a point where they can no longer do it. Not everyone's life is a happy journey, sometimes it's a literal living nightmare... So think before you give someone advice without knowing the whole. You may be doing more harm than good with unfounded and brush off comments and advice that sound so easy to you... But will make the depressed person even worse for feeling that way.... A PROFESSIONAL prognosis is needed and even then it takes a professional months to diagnose what you have or not!!!

Depression can also be chemical.

My sister was in a secure ward in a hospital for 6 months due to depression. It was devestating for her, and she's ended up losing her daughter, and as I'm sure you can imagine at christmas that is an immensely difficult thing to deal with.

It hasn't only affected my sister but my entire family as well, there has also been other circumstances that has lead to the heart break but generally all have stemed from my sister's depression.

It was NOT her fault, and noone holds her responsible at all. The only thing I will say is if anyone is feeling like they cannot cope, please go seek help immediately. If my sister had gone earlier then perhaps none of this would ever have happened.
Stressless06 On October 09, 2011

Mississauga, Canada
#48New Post! Apr 05, 2010 @ 10:28:00
@blondie Said

I went to the doctors last Monday and they say i have stress related illnesses, depression and they strongly recommended that i had councilling. i have recently moved in with my boyfriend and we argue all the time, i always feel as though i cant make him happy but i think that when im miserable, it rubs off onto him. I have been given a questionnaire to find out the level of depression that i have. i feel so down, im just unhappy all the time and i dont enjoy anything that i do. i am having to take time off college because i am making myself ill, everyday i wake up feeling sick, banging headache and stomach pains and it continues to get worse throughout the day. College are not so happy about it but only because i am taking time off college, not because any of my tutors actually care, they just expect me to get on with my work and come back to college after a few days ill and automatically know what i am doing. Im just so scared that i am going to fail college and end up not doing what i want in life. ever since i was little, i have been pressurised into losing weight and if i was 'naughty' i used to get smacked hard. My dad is obsessed with weight and he wonders why i dont want to go down to the south and see him, just to sit on the couch whilst he judges me. i feel so uncomfortable.

I'm sorry to hear that, anyways... we all have different kinds of stress in our lives... I can only utter some piece of advice if i may say so.

Just don't think too much, try to look for some things that you can divert your attention, make yourself busy, and try to get some company around. So that you can avoid being lonely and think of several things which might upset you, and eventually, triggers your stress, about loosing weight, just do that if you just feel like loosing weight, not because you're stressed, believe me... I have seen people like that, trying their best to loose weight for the sloe reason of because they're stressed, and they don't look good in it.

About your dad, i think he can be of some help ease your pain, even if it's a little, try to pay him a visit... Who knows, someone distant might help.

You said that you don't enjoy everything you do, it depends on you, don't force yourself on doing things that you just think you can have fun with. I mean, try to do things you haven't tried before, but i did not mean that you have to jump of a cliff or burn your hose, something like that (kidding!) just to do what i am telling you. Friends and Relatives are good source of activities or things that you want to try something on, i might not say it will work out great, but who knows... Nothing to loose when trying something out, isn't it!?

P.S. Make sure you also download your Stress relief free gifts, where
you are able to use that to transform your stress into success.

Here is the link: 21 Stress-Stopper Formulas For a Healthy and Happy Life
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs