Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

RELIGION..... A Bureaucracy between man and god

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
nomadzayne On November 18, 2007

Vancouver, Canada
#1New Post! Mar 29, 2007 @ 10:23:23
I want to make it clear that I am a believer of god, how can one not? Just open your eyes.. Look at the beautiful spectrum of color radiate before you. One can believe in god without being religious. Religion is a system in which people are expected to follow precisely defined rules and procedures rather than to use personal judgment and common sense. That is why religion is extremely harmful. Especially since most religion is taught and forced upon younger minds who would not know the difference between a tale about Jesus Christ and Pinocchio. God gave us a thinking mind with common sense to explore our world through science and relationships with others... not to follow a set of rules in a book written by man. Religion in my opinion truly is a crutch for weak minds.

feel free to disagree...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 29, 2007 @ 10:52:22
pinocchio is religious?

Ummm i dunno if i agree or disagree with you, IMO religion is for those who cannot accept thier mortality
caudix On May 20, 2008

Troy, Michigan
#3New Post! Mar 30, 2007 @ 01:30:30
I both disagree and agree with you. Religion is potentially the most evil thing on this planet. It is deviceive, not collaborative, and it stead of coming together to see what they (all religions) have in common; they assume they are right and accentuate the differences. As for god, the first cause argument sucks because what caused god. As for the beuty around us as proof of god; I think it's sappy and ultimately meant to be poetic. In the end though I don't have a problem wiht people who believe in god; my problem occurs when religion use god as a tool to break a persons mind.

Final stance

god...whatever
religion...greatest evil om the planet

-Jon
almost_emo99 On May 08, 2009

Deleted

Perth, Australia
#4New Post! Mar 31, 2007 @ 05:26:14
wow i like this guy
holy crap that sounded so realistic
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Mar 31, 2007 @ 05:31:33
yeah, i agree.
cept i don't believe in god

but i believe the world would be a much better place without organised religion,
god or no god.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#6New Post! Mar 31, 2007 @ 05:45:27
@nomadzayne Said
I want to make it clear that I am a believer of god, how can one not? Just open your eyes.. Look at the beautiful spectrum of color radiate before you. One can believe in god without being religious. Religion is a system in which people are expected to follow precisely defined rules and procedures rather than to use personal judgment and common sense. That is why religion is extremely harmful. Especially since most religion is taught and forced upon younger minds who would not know the difference between a tale about Jesus Christ and Pinocchio. God gave us a thinking mind with common sense to explore our world through science and relationships with others... not to follow a set of rules in a book written by man. Religion in my opinion truly is a crutch for weak minds.

feel free to disagree...

I love this superiority complex most atheists seem to have.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#7New Post! Mar 31, 2007 @ 06:00:34
@raditz8526 Said
I love this superiority complex most atheists seem to have.

atheist?, he believes in god.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs