The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Is the e-relationship taking away the face-time?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
claire On September 15, 2009

Perth, Australia
#31New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 06:56:41
Monkeymadness:when i have met people from the internet i was so comfortable with them, and they were comfortable with me because i was more or less the same

In some cases i agree, but what happens if you've been totally mislead? To the point, were without even knowing it, what your doing is actually a crime?
Example: consorting with a minor!
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#32New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:06:11
I think it is good to have relationships both online and offline most people can show parts of themselves online that they can't offline and it is good to be able to do that provided it does not become too excessive. I do find it a little odd to declare that you are dating someone in another country who you met online etc but provided you make sure it is in a safe environment I see no problem with meeting people from online etc...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:07:48
@claire Said
Monkeymadness:when i have met people from the internet i was so comfortable with them, and they were comfortable with me because i was more or less the same

In some cases i agree, but what happens if you've been totally mislead? To the point, were without even knowing it, what your doing is actually a crime?
Example: consorting with a minor!

God it has to be a nightmare scenario, to find out the person you have been flirting with is actually 12 There MUST be telltale signs, how they write, thier knowledge, understanding etc. etc. I know there are some kids out there who are VERY mature and you could easily be mislead.

What can you do? If a child decides to f*** with you on the net? Not much

Wellington, New Zealand
#34New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:09:15
@treebee Said
God it has to be a nightmare scenario, to find out the person you have been flirting with is actually 12 There MUST be telltale signs, how they write, thier knowledge, understanding etc. etc. I know there are some kids out there who are VERY mature and you could easily be mislead.

What can you do? If a child decides to f*** with you on the net? Not much

Well I had my 7th birthday last week not long till I'm legal baby
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:10:09
@dragonwars Said
Well I had my 7th birthday last week not long till I'm legal baby

wrong diddly!

Perth, Australia
#36New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:27:14
dragonwars:
Quote:
I do find it a little odd to declare that you are dating someone in another country who you met online etc but provided you make sure it is in a safe environment I see no problem with meeting people from online etc...

But if your on the other side of the World, how are you supposed to "make sure the environment is safe"?
Basing everything on what someone says, in my mind does not constitute as assessing the environment, because you can never tell when someone is pulling your chain.

Wellington, New Zealand
#37New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 07:31:38
@claire Said
dragonwars:

But if your on the other side of the World, how are you supposed to "make sure the environment is safe"?
Basing everything on what someone says, in my mind does not constitute as assessing the environment, because you can never tell when someone is pulling your chain.

Im referring to if you meet someone else from the same country online etc and you think you like them it's fine to go meet them in a busy cafe or something and when you are sure they aren't crazy actually spend some time with them. But I have met someone for example who has gotten engaged to a guy in america she has never even met and I find that odd...

Perth, Australia
#38New Post! Apr 18, 2007 @ 08:22:39
dragonwars:
Quote:
Im referring to if you meet someone else from the same country online etc and you think you like them it's fine to go meet them in a busy cafe or something and when you are sure they aren't crazy actually spend some time with them. But I have met someone for example who has gotten engaged to a guy in america she has never even met and I find that odd...

I agree, some people fall way too hard for a complete stranger half way across the globe.
But if they live local and you profess your love gradually then thats ok.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs