Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Feb 27, 2007 @ 22:25:55
@princessbubblegum Said
Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

eh? f***ing Christianity. Killed more people in the world than any other single thing in the history of mankind.
beary On March 15, 2007

, Australia
#17New Post! Feb 28, 2007 @ 02:09:39
@jmo Said
Jesus being God makes very little difference to the lifestyle led by Christians. If jesus was merely a prophet of God then the belief system doesn't differ greatly.

Anyone who knew anything about Christianity would know that it completely hinges on whether Jesus is God or not. He claimed He was. That's why He was put to death by the religious leaders: blasphemy. If He isn't God, He's currently a dead former-lunatic, or a dead former-psychotic.

Because of this, the belief system totally changes. If He's not God, then let's eat drink and be merry because this is all there is...

That was the reply to what I think you're meaning...Now for another side...

If you mean that Jesus being God doesn't seem to make any real difference in how Christians live, then you have a good point...
beary On March 15, 2007

, Australia
#18New Post! Feb 28, 2007 @ 02:13:17
@jmo Said
eh? f***ing Christianity. Killed more people in the world than any other single thing in the history of mankind.

And I suppose atheism/communism was completely benign? And the Muslims never hurt anyone do they?

...big on sweeping statements...little on any kind of reasoned discussion...
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#19New Post! Feb 28, 2007 @ 05:26:59
@jmo Said

I assume you have proof of this. How many people were killed in the name of Christianity? How many people were killed in the name of atheism?
miss7marie On March 23, 2010

, New York
#20New Post! Mar 07, 2007 @ 04:51:01
@jmo Said

Yes alot of bad things have and still are happening int he name of Christ, this dose not mean that Christianity is bad, it only means that like most good things, it has and is being used for bad, by some people.

I believe in Jesus as my personal savior. I do not try to push my belief on others. I am not a sales person for God, as He is not forsale, and will call those He wants to Him. I only speak His trueth,
It would be a waist of time to speak His trueth to someone who does not want to here it.
And I will not tell you are going to hell, it is not my job to judge weather or not some one is going to hell, that is for God to deside not me.
I guess what I am trying to say is, one bad appple don't make the whole barrel bad.
Christians who truely have a personal ralationship with Jesus, are not out to control the masses.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs