What your born as

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#16New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 04:37:30
@vanders Said
yeah my mum and dad were both very heavily involved in many protestant churches, around victoria.

they knew everyone. now when i see their friends or people that they know, they all talkto me about christian stuff and about how great it is that god is with us and my goodness he works in themost fabulous ways.

and i sit there, little old agnostic that i am, saying "i don't care at all about that"

and then they have the nerve to tell me what i believe is wrong and that i should be a christian, and the only answer as to why i should be is that i am dissappointing my mother, and my deceased father, and god himself...

so i respond, what has god ever done to me?? and they get really angry.

so the point of that story was yes indeedy it is frustratin when you are placed in a box with your parents when no one has taken the time to even ask what yuo are... if you are anything at all..

the problem is so few people are willing to accept people as they are they always want to "improve" them...
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#17New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 05:47:52
I am also an atheist by choice and I'm also a catholic by birth. My parents sent me to religion school so i can do my communion and confirmation. Throughout my childhood, I wasn't sure if i believed in him or the religion fully but i was afraid to say anything because my mom always said that God knows everything and will punish you if you sin so i thought not believing in him was a sin. Gradually, i learned about having an opinion and i learned more about controversies (how religion interferes with science or common sense) and the world. My mom doesn't like the fact that i chose to be an atheist but respects my decision. She also doesn't like the fact that I said I'll never baptize my children because I want he or she to learn about different religions before choosing to live by one. She feels that my child should be catholic because I am a catholic by birth. I totally agree that one should be able to chose their own religion or whatever religion they believe in rather than be forced into one.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:23:56
although im a trainee medium i dont believe in god, i do believe in a divine spirit and that for me is angels,im not a really good girl,never was ive got to big a mouth for that, but i am well behaved in church etc,we have my mum in laws funeral on monday,and she is roman catholic i will take part in it all cos its what she believes in and cos i love her i am willing to eat bread,drink wine etc,i took part in her last rites also out of love and respect for her,it may sound funny,but i am willing to follow some ones faith for that time out of love for that person alone.
ike_akorn On September 09, 2014

phoenix, Arizona
#19New Post! Mar 22, 2007 @ 19:30:16
People tend to be condor. They tend to shout at what they see or sense. People such at that should be put in an apiary and be bedaub. Anyways because ur grandparents where cathlics and some cathlics pass theough generations like ours. They dont think anything has change. Maybe if u carried a banner around that will help alot. "I am an Athiest", it should say...LOl
yorudan On October 26, 2009

brisbane, Australia
#20New Post! May 07, 2009 @ 09:34:38
same thing happened with my step brother his grand mother was all in to that. so she belive you had to belive in what she belive in to get into this *heven* and now my brother is seen as one and called one even though he is your black soul evil type of beliveing person
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! May 07, 2009 @ 09:37:38
My mother was one religion (lapsed), my father is another (although a non-believer). I don't adhere to either of their traditional religions. I am what I am by choice.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs