#16New Post! Feb 07, 2007 @ 23:52:52
Skrewz teh macs get a pc.
1. Macs don't have right click
2. 75% of computer games are PC only.
3. They are teh fag..
thefaint287 On July 16, 2008

Los Angeles,
#17New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:08:36
The reason most games are for PC is because mac was a small % of the market but that is not the case anymore people are switching. If are into hardcore gaming get a console. PC's or macs will never compare to them. Macs never get virus's and rarley freeze up. I have a new macbook and it has not frozen one since i have had it. they come supplied with software to make music and movies and websites right outta the box as soon as you plug it in. that itself is worth 50% of the price.

I used windows for yrs and will never go back!
virtual On March 23, 2007

Sheffield soon to be Chicago,
#18New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:13:05
Macs will make a big comeback over the next few yrs as more people are going back to macs plus many programs for the pc such as windows vista and the general operating system desktop was nicked from the mac.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:15:57
@virtual Said
Macs will make a big comeback over the next few yrs as more people are going back to macs plus many programs for the pc such as windows vista and the general operating system desktop was nicked from the mac.

Comeback?

Come back to... what?

Apple is not significantly increasing their market share at all, and they haven't for, oh, 20+ years now?

The iMac was their biggest "comeback" (not that they ever really were) and it wasn't even all that significant in terms of marketshare.
vavoom On December 01, 2011

Beirut, Lebanon
#20New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:27:09
why buy a mac:

1-Because Apple manufactures the software (OSX) and hardware, making
everything work according to planned. Meaning barely any crashes per year.
2-Because OS X is an excellent system that Vista just copied. It is way more
stable than anything else.
3-Because there are only 30 viruses released for mac every year as opposed
to 30,000 for windows.

Why I would really never give up my mac for anything else:
Because I open Illustrator, In Design, After Effects, Photoshop, Go Live, and
have a music dvd running in the background, and still that Mac does not
crash.

Then again, I only play deus X once in a while, cos I am not a big fan of
computer games, so can't help you much of what's in the market.

Who needs games when you've got ilife anyway.

and the cherry on the cake: check:
Windows expert to Redmond: Buh-bye
After a three-month Macintosh trial, Scot Finnie says "sayonara" to Windows -- but his
search for Mac software continues on:
https://www.computerworld.com/
Shug On March 17, 2011

Dewsbury/Leeds, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:35:34
@baronvonkaiser Said
I'm not sure what kind of computer I need, but I keep hearing that Macs are way better than PC's, and according to all the commercials I've been seeing lately they are more fun to use...

If it's an advert for a Mac, they're bound to be a little biased, don't you think?
They both have their benefits but for most people, it won't make much of a difference which you get.
I use both day in, day out. I would recommend a PC.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#22New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:40:01
@vavoom Said
why buy a mac:

1-Because Apple manufactures the software (OSX) and hardware, making
everything work according to planned. Meaning barely any crashes per year.
2-Because OS X is an excellent system that Vista just copied. It is way more
stable than anything else.
3-Because there are only 30 viruses released for mac every year as opposed
to 30,000 for windows.

Why I would really never give up my mac for anything else:
Because I open Illustrator, In Design, After Effects, Photoshop, Go Live, and
have a music dvd running in the background, and still that Mac does not
crash.

Then again, I only play deus X once in a while, cos I am not a big fan of
computer games, so can't help you much of what's in the market.

Who needs games when you've got ilife anyway.

and the cherry on the cake: check:
Windows expert to Redmond: Buh-bye
After a three-month Macintosh trial, Scot Finnie says "sayonara" to Windows -- but his
search for Mac software continues on:
https://www.computerworld.com/

That is one of the most ill-informed piece of trash posts I've ever seen on the subject.

Beirut, Lebanon
#23New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:42:54
@jonnythan Said
That is one of the most ill-informed piece of trash posts I've ever seen on
the subject.

oh, and why is that? explain.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#24New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 19:52:03
@vavoom Said
oh, and why is that? explain.

Because there is no evidence showing that Macs are, in general, more stable than or crash less than Windows PCs. My own experience is 100% to the contrary, and I have extensive experience with both types of system. It's my job to.

There are elements of Vista - mostly simple UI enhancements - that are, or appear to be, copies of similar items in OS X. But remember that Vista has been in development for roughly 7 years now, so it's 100% possible, or even likely, that Apple copied just as much from Vista while it was in development and released them earlier.

Ignoring this fact, there is a *ton* of stuff going on under the hood in Vista that is really quite new and clever and is *not* present in OS X.

Any PC that crashes with multiple applications open has some serious problems and should be checked out. What's a music DVD anyway? DVD-Audio? You must be a serious audiophile if you're listening to a DVD-A disc from your computer. What kind of amp/speaker setup do you have?

The rest of your post is just meaningless drivel.

Beirut, Lebanon
#25New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 20:24:32
@jonnythan Said
Because there is no evidence showing that Macs are, in general, more
stable than or crash less than Windows PCs. My own experience is 100% to the contrary,
and I have extensive experience with both types of system. It's my job to.

Great so you should have an open mind on the subject!

@jonnythan Said
There are elements of Vista - mostly simple UI enhancements - that
are, or appear to be, copies of similar items in OS X. But remember that Vista has been in
development for roughly 7 years now, so it's 100% possible, or even likely, that Apple
copied just as much from Vista while it was in development and released them earlier.

OS X was first released 8 years ago (so roughly 11-12 years under development). Vista
(aka Longhorn) project started in 2001. You're totally off.

@jonnythan Said
Ignoring this fact, there is a *ton* of stuff going on under the hood in
Vista that is really quite new and clever and is *not* present in OS X.

Really, why don't you name them?

Yeah, the DOS is really great!!! So much for a *new* system.
Most new stuff in Vista are just there to serve Microsoft's purpose for making $$$.

@jonnythan Said
The rest of your post is just meaningless drivel.

You have the reaction and mentality of yet another Microsoft troll.

If you seriously had a go at OS X and macs, you would have a much more moderate view.

By the way, I'm not using a virus protection app... How often do you update your virus
definitions???

Beirut, Lebanon
#26New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 20:31:10
And sorry for not explaining well. What I meant by music dvd is live concert dvd.
(you can watch and listen). I recently discovered Gad Elmaleh. But whatever.

Beirut, Lebanon
#27New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 20:31:37
And sorry for not explaining well. What I meant by music dvd is live concert dvd.
(you can watch and listen). I recently discovered Gad Elmaleh. But whatever.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#28New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 20:38:50
@vavoom Said
You have the reaction and mentality of yet another Microsoft troll.

If you seriously had a go at OS X and macs, you would have a much more moderate view.

By the way, I'm not using a virus protection app... How often do you update your virus
definitions???

More ill-informed BS. Insulting, too. Microsoft troll, huh? Review my posting history. If you were better informed, you'd know that I consistently tout the benefits of Mac ownership. There are lots of truly excellent things about OS X and I often state that I'd love to own one and I recommend them to those who can afford them.

FWIW, I have used OS X extensively over the past seven years. I was using OS X on a blue G3 when it first came out.

Anyway.

OS X has gone through *six* major new versions since its inception, the most recent of which came out in 2005 and another is coming out in a few months. Each version includes major new features, at least a few of which almost certainly were borrowed from Windows Vista documents, claims, developer builds, etc. Apple borrows as much from Microsoft as Microsoft borrows from Apple.

I never said Windows was better than OS X. You need to read the actual content of my posts than infer my position based on criticisms of yours. OS X is vastly superior to Windows in many ways, but not in the realm of system stability.

The meat of your post that I took issue with was your contention that OS X is infinitely more stable than Windows. So stable that you can run multiple applications (and DVD music?!) without it crashing. The truth is that this is total BS, as I stated in the above post.

Long story short, I said that you were wrong about OS X being so much more stable than Windows and that Apple probably copies as much from Microsoft as Microsoft copies from Apple. You took these two comments to mean that I was a Microsoft fanboy, that I thought Windows was superior to OS X, then you went 100% on the defensive and began attacking me as if those arguments were true.

Obviously, they are not true. You need to go back and catch up by reading what I actually said instead of addressing what you think my thoughts might be.

Oh, BTW, regarding new "under the hood" features of Vista, these are some of the better ones:
TCP Window Scaling
ReadyBoost
ReadyDrive (This one is especially cool)
Built-in full drive encryption

Beirut, Lebanon
#29New Post! Mar 15, 2007 @ 21:44:18
@jonnythan Said
OS X has gone through *six* major new versions since its inception,
the most recent of which came out in 2005 and another is coming out in a few months.
Each version includes major new features, at least a few of which almost certainly were
borrowed from Windows Vista documents, claims, developer builds, etc. Apple borrows as
much from Microsoft as Microsoft borrows from Apple.

Now, if you know so much, why don't you tell us WHICH features of OS X were borrowed
from Microsoft??

@jonnythan Said
I never said Windows was better than OS X. You need to read the actual
content of my posts than infer my position based on criticisms of yours. OS X is vastly
superior to Windows in many ways, but not in the realm of system stability.

The meat of your post that I took issue with was your contention that OS X is infinitely
more stable than Windows. So stable that you can run multiple applications (and DVD
music?!) without it crashing. The truth is that this is total BS, as I stated in the above post.

Long story short, I said that you were wrong about OS X being so much more stable than
Windows and that Apple probably copies as much from Microsoft as Microsoft copies from
Apple. You took these two comments to mean that I was a Microsoft fanboy, that I thought
Windows was superior to OS X, then you went 100% on the defensive and began attacking
me as if those arguments were true.

Obviously, they are not true. You need to go back and catch up by reading what I actually
said instead of addressing what you think my thoughts might be.

I never said that OSX was more stable than MS. If I did, please point it out for me.

I just said I would never give up my mac for anything else. I am satisfied with its
performance.

@jonnythan Said

Oh, BTW, regarding new "under the hood" features of Vista, these are some of the better
ones:
TCP Window Scaling
ReadyBoost
ReadyDrive (This one is especially cool)
Built-in full drive encryption

TCP Window scaling - that's been around for some time in the Linux world, check out TCP
Vegas on Wiki.

ReadyBoost & ReadyDrive - No candy. It's plain IT gizmo stuff. Not for Joe Bloke. and read
this
https://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1974952,00.asp

Built-in drive encryption - has been there for some years on OS X. Nothing new there.
Actually, Apple did better by just automatically encrypting the user data folder, which is
smarter.

Anyway, there's nothing phenomenal there, all *normal* operating system evolution stuff. I
found more new things when upgrading to XP.

Surely Microsoft didn't invent anything there.
thefaint287 On July 16, 2008

Los Angeles,
#30New Post! Mar 16, 2007 @ 15:56:43
well my roomie got a dell laptop the same time as i got my macbook

His computer has already blue screened and has viruses and its got norton installed and he doesnt download anything.

Macbook like day one!

also OSx leopard is coming and they were waiting for vista to come out and suck so they would not get any ideas stolen from Apple. so vista is copied from osx which is old for mac now they will so behind when leopard comes out. Also read the history people windows has and will alsways be a mac clone.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs