Forums:
Random

Keep It The Lead.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
fallen_in_tears On March 25, 2010

Kent, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:19:06
I was walking my dog lastnight shes a staff crossed with a jackrussle i normally walk her off the lead when we're not near busy roads and stuff i always take her up to the field where we used to walk our old dog

walking up there the police stoped me and told me that i HAVE to keep the dog on a lead now... Because if she attacked someone when shes not on a lead i wouldnt b able to stop her but if she was on the lead i could yank her away..

My dog has never attacked anyone or anything other that a chew toy.. Shes scared of everything that moves around her ive never been told this before so im wondering if they did just stop because of my age?

I know saying my dog has never attacked anything doesnt change the fact that she might one day turn but none of my family are rough with her if she starts growling while playing tug we let go

So im wondering now

Has anyone else been told or Know that you have to keep dogs on the lead Unless your in A Dog Park?
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:24:49
It just makes sense.

You said yourself that just because she never has attacked doesnt mean she never will. Dogs will attack if they feel their owner (you) are being threatened.

If she did that, at least with a lead it its a case of better safe than sorry. I have never been told to keep my dog on a lead but it sounds like good advice. saying that my dogs a biffer, so she needs to be on a lead.

Kent, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:28:22
honestly my dog would run away lol shes that much of a pussy...

but yeah i know ive been walking her off the lead since she was taught how to walk and not pound off everywhere and no ones every said anything to me about it before?

i understand its a "just incase" kind of thing
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:30:43
My Dad had a dog when i was a kid.. i dont remember it.. but apparently it never attacked a fly... then one day it went for the next door neighbor and my mum told my Dad to get rid of the dog incase it attacks me.

I feel being around alot of dogs, they can be placid with there owners and family but can flip at a drop of a hat if cornered of scared or just doesnt like you... they have to be cauios or there be another kid malled to death...

But the flip side of that... why do people go toward dogs when you know they can bite...
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:33:50
You just never know. But i dont think it was said just because of your age

Kent, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:40:01
well it could have been i mean an actually fully grown adult is going to be stronger than a 16 year old and would be able to stop the dog faster than i possibly could i dunno tbh lol
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:41:34
I think you are reading too much into it. It doesnt matter now
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:45:21
it makes sense, dogs cause a lot of road accidents

Kent, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:47:09
well as i said i dont let my dog off the lead near roads or anything
lol honest my dogs all mouth she bark and growl but walk up to her she run
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:49:04
@fallen_in_tears Said
well as i said i dont let my dog off the lead near roads or anything
lol honest my dogs all mouth she bark and growl but walk up to her she run

yeah you seem sensible enough

Kent, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:51:10
its just strange ive has the dog since she was old enough to leave the mother and ive walked her since she was trained enough to sit at roads and stuff then when i took her off the lead she actually sticks by my leg lol
ive never been told before about keeping the dog on the lead i mean i see and understand why but how come ive never been told before?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs