The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Are the Roman Catholic Church just being Biggots?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#76New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 21:51:30
@dragonwars Said
Romans

# With his usual intolerance, Paul condemns homosexuals (including lesbians). This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the Bible. 1:26-28

# Homosexuals (those "without natural affection" ) and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them" ) are "worthy of death." 1:31-32
1 Corinthians

# Paul lists ten things that will keep you out of heaven, including homosexuality and being "effeminate." 6:9-10
1 Timothy

# Homosexuals (those "that defile themselves with mankind" ) are included on the list of lawless, disobedient, unholy, and profane people. 1:10
2 Timothy

# In the last days people will become evil, "without natural affection." Fundamentalist say that this refers to homosexuals. 3:3
Jude

# God sent "eternal fire" on the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for "going after strange flesh." 7-8

Please re-read Bens question.

Where in the bible does CHRIST mention homosexuals.
Not Timoth, Jude, and whoever else.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#77New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 21:55:50
@mollymalone Said
Please re-read Bens question.

Very little of the bible is stuff christ thought I would say less than half of christians follow his teachings

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#78New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 21:56:41
@jonnythan Said
I didn't say that you weren't a "100% Catholic."

I said you're not a Catholic.

In question 53 I asked who are you to tell me than I am or anyone else are not a Catholic?

Please answer my question.
insanity_clause On January 31, 2007

madville, United Kingdom
#79New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 21:57:55
do you think homosexuality is a sin molly?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#80New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 22:19:51
@mollymalone Said

The answer to this question is: nowhere.

The vast majority of the bible has nothing whatever to do with the words...the teachings of Jesus.

And this is the very problem with Christianity and the Bible.

The irony is that the Bible contains warnings about following false prophets and false teachings.

...and yet virtually every christian follows the false teachings of Paul (and all of the priests, preachers, parsons, etc. down through history) rather than follow the teachings of their "lord and savior". Christians have failed to follow their god's warning.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#81New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 22:29:51
@insanity_clause Said
it doesnt matter what bit of the bible does or doesnt say about homosexuality its what the catholic church says and the catholic church is very clear homosexuality is a sin and is to be condemed.

Ding ding.

The Bible doesn't matter.

The Catholic Church's stand on homosexuality is exceedingly clear.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#82New Post! Jan 26, 2007 @ 22:38:01
Clear as their stance on covering up abuse withinthe Church?
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#83New Post! Jan 27, 2007 @ 20:18:23
Everyone agrees that the catholic church acts opposite to what they preach somtimes no ones doubting that. It's the fact that you don't agree with the laws the catholic church says you have to believe in to call your self a catholic. Did you invent the word catholic? were you among the first to establish the catholic church? No? then I guess you have no power to dictate the laws that must be followed to be labeled as a catholic. If you believe in SOME and not all of the catholic beliefs then your not catholic your a person who has some catholic beliefs. There is no room for argument here just cold hard logic. If you don't follow ALL off the rules required to be a catholic then you are not a catholic and if you still choose to associate that label with yourself then you are the defenition of of a hypocrite. You want to make your own way? Want to have your own melting pot of beliefs? Then at least be intelligent enough use your own label or leave it labelless either way dont call it something it's not. Catholic is somone elses label for a set of beliefs different from yours therefore you can't be catholic.
lvl5geek On May 25, 2008

Somis, California
#84New Post! Jan 28, 2007 @ 03:38:17
WHOA~! HOLD ON A MINUTE PEOPLE!

What does Christ's teachings have to do with anything here? I thought the original topic was the Church's stance on homosexual parents not being able to adopt?

Is it just me, or does anyone else here see that (dare I say it) THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BELIEFS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT FAITH, NOT POLITICS!

Why must everything be revolved around politics? no offense, but I don't think my soul is a poltician about to run for presidency....

Besides, let the Church and its followers practice their religion. You simply cannot say that all of the Roman Catholics are idiots/hypocrites. Then all you're doing is trying to mix two noninterchangeable topics into one! Politics and Religion are not the same! (Sorry if you didn't realize this!)

In answer to the innumerable questions asked, I say: "leave them separate: the heart and the mind shouldn't be intermixed! Just like in your body, the emotions/ thoughts of each are not located in the same place~!"

In answer to the main question, I think homosexuals should be allowed to adopt children.

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#85New Post! Jan 31, 2007 @ 17:53:47
Sometimes its hard for the heart and mind not to intermix therefore it is impossible to seperate them.

Sorry but I disagree, Religion and Politics no matter what religion you are have to revolve around each other. In fact that is how some religions came about.

As for homosexuals being allowed to adopt, I think they should.
janrich617 On April 18, 2007

bend, Oregon
#86New Post! Feb 02, 2007 @ 19:25:42
I think goverment should stay out of religion, as to the adoption I guess if one doesn't care what The Bible says about homosexuality it wouldn't matter then.

homophobic = disgust.
janrich617 On April 18, 2007

bend, Oregon
#87New Post! Feb 02, 2007 @ 19:29:15
big?ot (b&#301;g'&#601;t) Pronunciation Key
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Stop calling people who disagree with you bigots. You are no better than the people you try to put down.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#88New Post! Feb 02, 2007 @ 19:30:03
@janrich617 Said
big?ot (b&#301;g'&#601;t) Pronunciation Key
n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Stop calling people who disagree with you bigots. You are no better than the people you try to put down.

Who was that in response to?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs