The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

I don?t want to lose the love of my life..PLZ help..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
leonardo On March 06, 2007

hu, New York
#1New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 06:24:27
I have known this girl for about a year now, and about two weeks ago I asked her to the prom and we started dating, but it only lasted a week. During that week though she gave me a note that said, Quote "John, You make me smile when I don't want to. I am glad I'm yours and you're mine".
I only saw her like twice on Monday and Tuesday of that week, and called her twice. I had a feeling by the way she sounded on the phone that something was wrong. When I saw her on Tuesday the following week, I could tell that something was definitely wrong I could tell she wasn't happy and she didn't see why she should give me her cell number when I asked for it. So that Thursday I was doing some raking with her and a friend for a neighbor, and I asked her what was wrong. I asked her "Would you still be dating me if I didn't ask you to the prom?" She said she didn't know...then I said "well it seems like you have lost interest in this relationship." she said, she thinks she did too. She told me that she had a lot of her own things going on in her life and that a boyfriend right now was probably not the right thing. And that we really didn?t know each other as well as we should of. So I respected that and we are now separated.
The night after that happened I called her to see how she was doing and she said ok...I had asked her if she saw anything that I needed to work on before she gave me another chance. She said I smothered her and that I could act immature at times. I asked how I smothered her she and she said...that I tried to hard to make her smile when she didn't want to. I really don't see this as a bad thing. I asked her if that?s part off the reason why she wanted to separate for now and she said yea. She only mentioned to me once that I was Smothering her and I told her I would stop and I did...When I called her the other night I asked her if she was really planning to give me another chance...and I told her to tell me the truth and not say what I wanted to hear,.....She said YES...But I can' stop thinking about her. It?s hard for me to sleep and I can't bear to think about losing her. She said once wee get to know each other better we will try again.
The problem is, that I don't want to call her too often and lose that chance because she's annoyed, but if I don't I'm afraid that I will lose her to someone else. WHAT DO I DO ! I love this girl with all my heart...and I can tell her that I really care for her and like her...But how many times do u think the average female hears that...the only problem is I'M TELLING THE TRUTH.....HHHHEEEELLLPPPP!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#2New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 08:15:34
asking her a bunch of questions is contributing towards her feeling smotheed by you. You need to back off on all fronts. calling, visiting, even talking for a while. Sometimes a girl can be surprised by her own feelings when a guys stops smothering her. She will proably call you if you back off enough.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 08:35:33
Lili has got it spot on From what I have read it doesnt even sound like a "relationship". You asked her to the prom and she said yes, and youve met a couple of times and spoke on the phone - to me that seems more like friendship and not a relationship

You are 27 so I am sure you have been in situations like these before. How did you cope with the break up of those relationships? You are drowning her by asking so many questions, lighten up. Dont be serious all of the time. No one likes to feel suffocated, and it seems to me thats how she feels.

Stop calling her all the time, when you do talk dont be all serious and get on with your own life. Busy yourself, and if she really does like you she will come running.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#4New Post! Jan 20, 2007 @ 03:28:13
As hard as it may be for you , you must back off. Just give the girl some space, some time to miss you as bad as you miss you. If it's meant to be then she'll come around , if not then it all for the best.
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#5New Post! Jan 20, 2007 @ 04:02:34
No girl likes to be called all the time and asked a bunch of questions like that. It's definitely very smothering and gets old fast. Back off a bit, don't call her for a while and see what happens after that. I know it might be hard, but it's the best thing to do.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#6New Post! Jan 20, 2007 @ 04:29:47
prom?,
unrequited love?,

are you really 27?

sorry buddy, but you just have to deal with it and leave the girl to decide whether or not she wants to go out with you.
inviting her to the prom dosn't mean you're dating anyway.
runningwithscissors On July 28, 2008

Banbury, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 21, 2007 @ 00:59:06
Leave her alone for a few days. She'll soon miss you and eventually speak to you, at which point you start speaking to her again. But don't call her every night and stuff, just speak to her at school or whatever.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs