Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
lemonjelly On January 04, 2019

Parkville, Maryland
#16New Post! Jan 23, 2008 @ 03:01:56
@darkshine Said
No, they don't.

Other people use the stereotype to justify thinking that other's slit their wrists and are
whiney.

As for fashion; everyone dresses differently. You can't really pin fashion on anyone

Other people can be anyone, really.
And fashion...I know it's a tender subject because we're all different, but I can't begin to recall all of the people I've seen rush Hot Topic after declaring themselves goth/emo and come out drenched in black and metal. It's very irritating because...well, to be frank, THEY'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT.
negasable On August 05, 2008

Deleted

West Side, California
#17New Post! Jan 23, 2008 @ 03:08:07
@lemonjelly Said
Other people can be anyone, really.
And fashion...I know it's a tender subject because we're all different, but I can't begin to recall all of the people I've seen rush Hot Topic after declaring themselves goth/emo and come out drenched in black and metal. It's very irritating because...well, to be frank, THEY'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT.

Those seem more like posers to me. I see Hot topic a store contradicts underground culture by putting it in the mainstream, but just another clothes store. People claiming to be Goths/emos who think clothes define goth/emo culture are wrong. Just ignore them, they really aren't worth your time.
lemonjelly On January 04, 2019

Parkville, Maryland
#18New Post! Jan 24, 2008 @ 00:55:47
@negasable Said
Those seem more like posers to me. I see Hot topic a store contradicts underground culture by putting it in the mainstream, but just another clothes store. People claiming to be Goths/emos who think clothes define goth/emo culture are wrong. Just ignore them, they really aren't worth your time.

Psh, no one is worth my time.
I can't stand when people get too caught up in a subculture and forget to be themselves.

I love Hot Topic, it's about as far away from Hollister as I can get...but I suppose it's a Hollister in it's own way.
AllieKLong On July 30, 2010

Deleted

, Canada
#19New Post! Jun 10, 2009 @ 13:22:34
People don't hate you if you're emo. I don't get why people who are preppy hate emo people. And people who are emo hate preppy people. It's just wrong. AND NONE OF YOU ARE RIGHT! All preps out there (I am not saying you do..but) don't hate on Emo people for no reason. All Emo People out there (I am not saying you do) please don't hate preppy people. Please just be nice to others. It's not cool to be mean. Everybody is supposed to know right from wrong. Please don't bully!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs