#1New Post! Jan 03, 2007 @ 22:21:52
As early As March!!

Cannot wait...!!...!...!...!...!...!

started to save last month got 150 so far
glitter_sniffer On August 25, 2015
Om nom nom

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 03, 2007 @ 22:28:16
The PS3 is one thing I've not been looking forward too, I'm not a big playstation fan though. My brother is, though. He's rather excited about it's release.
I work in Gamestation so I'll be getting him a discount when it's on sale.
tehremos On November 07, 2008

we don't ave cities down ere,
#3New Post! Jan 03, 2007 @ 22:29:37
my birthdays in march

*hint hint*

alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 00:09:17
i'm not too pushed about getting it at release,
or even at all,
ive got a 360 and i'd probably pick up a wii before a ps3.
there's no game i'm excited about really.
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#5New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 00:32:13
How many gaming systems do you need?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:05:43
PS3. Hm.

It's a hell of a lot of money for a game system with zero compelling games.
an1m34l1f3 On August 26, 2010

Burlington,
#7New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:07:05
Just in case you haven't read any recent releases of EMG or some other gaming Mag., I'm gonna mention a few facts about the PS3. Okay, first off, it's not yet as good as it was put up to be...Unfortunately for all Playstation fans (which I happen to be until playing Halo2 and Gears on 360!) Anyways, the PS3 isn't running at the max that it's supposed to..It's supposed to be running HD at 1080i, yet it's only running at about 480i, not even half of it's projected maximum. Also, they haven't even begun to tap in to the possibilities with Blu-Ray. I mean, each disc can store up to 50gb of memory!! That's more than a lot of computers have! The main thing that makes the PS3 so great is that Sony can update ANY aspect of the system by just hooking it up to the internet. They can update the hardware and everything using software online. This makes the possibilities for it limitless. Unfortunately, the system isn't all that great yet. Give it say...6 months and it will be much better. There have also been problems with the Sixaxis controller. The signals for the Blue-Tooth were being interrupted, thus shuttign the controller off in the middle of gameplay. They are working to fix this bug now. Other than that, the system is the ultimate beast. With Blu Ray on it's side and the auto-updating. it's gonna be one hell of a gaming system one day. They shouldn't have released it so early to get into the race...Especially not as cheap as the Wii is. And the funny thing is, for each PS3 that they sell for $600, they are losing a little over $300....Wow, that sucks...But like I said, one day it will be great! Hope this info helps in some way
mosthauntedlover On March 18, 2016

My House, Ohio
#8New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:07:12
I think the PS3 would be fun but a lot of people say that the wii sucks! I've had friends tell me it sucks my speech coach told me it sucked...

I'm excited for the PS3 to come out though! I'm not going to be getting one but I'm sure one of my friends will.

Burlington,
#9New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:09:41
I think the Wii is pretty cool. The only problem I have is that I'd feel like a total idiot playing it i mean, on the new Dragon Ball Z game for it, you have to pull your hands back in the motion of say, Goku to use his Kamehameha I'd be too embarressed to play it with a lot of friends Other than that, it's a pretty cool system
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:22:33
@an1m34l1f3 Said
Just in case you haven't read any recent releases of EMG or some other gaming Mag., I'm gonna mention a few facts about the PS3. Okay, first off, it's not yet as good as it was put up to be...Unfortunately for all Playstation fans (which I happen to be until playing Halo2 and Gears on 360!) Anyways, the PS3 isn't running at the max that it's supposed to..It's supposed to be running HD at 1080i, yet it's only running at about 480i,

It has trouble with 1080i televisions for some reason.

All current games are rendered and run at 720p, which is in reality almost mathematically equivalent to 1080i (55.2 million pixels/s vs 62 million pixels/s).

@an1m34l1f3 Said
Also, they haven't even begun to tap in to the possibilities with Blu-Ray.

They aren't filling the BD discs with game material yet, no. Most XBox 360 games don't fill up one DVD, either. Blu-Ray is currently fully utilized for movies. The PS3 will output Blu-Ray movies in full 1080p (1080p, not 1080i) resolution without blinking.

@an1m34l1f3 Said
The main thing that makes the PS3 so great is that Sony can update ANY aspect of the system by just hooking it up to the internet. They can update the hardware and everything using software online.

This is pushing the definition of "hardware." They can't change physical components of your PS3 over the internet. There is nothing about the PS3's online update abilities that cannot be done by the XBox 360 or the Wii. All three of them are totally equivalent in their ability to update the system firmware and operating systems automatically over the internet.

As an interesting note, although a Linux distribution can be installed on the PS3, the Wii is (AFAIK) the only system that currently has a downloadable web browser.

@an1m34l1f3 Said
There have also been problems with the Sixaxis controller. The signals for the Blue-Tooth were being interrupted, thus shuttign the controller off in the middle of gameplay. They are working to fix this bug now. Other than that, the system is the ultimate beast. With Blu Ray on it's side and the auto-updating. it's gonna be one hell of a gaming system one day. They shouldn't have released it so early to get into the race...Especially not as cheap as the Wii is. And the funny thing is, for each PS3 that they sell for $600, they are losing a little over $300....Wow, that sucks...But like I said, one day it will be great! Hope this info helps in some way

Blah, blah. I think that your statements are more misleading than they are helpful.

The PS3 is $200 more expensive than the XBox 360 for one reason and one reason alone: the Blu-Ray drive. The PS3 is, at its absolute best, marginally more powerful than the XBox 360. The PS3 was intended to launch around the same time as the XBox 360, and the hardware specs were finalized to be roughly equivalent. The delays were thanks to Sony mismanagement coupled with last-minute controller redesigns and well-publicized difficulties manufacturing Cell processors and blue Blu-Ray lasers in any real quantity.

Burlington,
#11New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:38:12
I know that the hardware and everything can't be changed since it is a physical characteristic of the system. They can, however, update parts of the system (i.e- certain aspects of the software) to improve the performance of the hardware. As I said, once they bring the PS3 to it's full potential, it will be one of the best systems ever. In theory, with the blu-ray drive, it is currently the most powerful system. Yes it is extremely powerful, but what is the point in having so much power if they can't use it to it's full potential. I still believe that they should have waited a bit longer before releasing the system...IT would be a lot better on release if the took more time to fully utilize all aspets of the system. Thanks for correcting some of my errors though. I do not mean to be misleading, I am only going by what I read in an issue of EMG evaluating the components of these 3 systems.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 01:58:38
@an1m34l1f3 Said
In theory, with the blu-ray drive, it is currently the most powerful system.

The Blu-Ray drive has nothing to do with the power of the system (the graphics, the AI, the physics, the controls, etc). It just means more storage space, which will in all likelihood be utilized for nothing other than HD movie cut scenes.

@an1m34l1f3 Said
I still believe that they should have waited a bit longer before releasing the system...IT would be a lot better on release if the took more time to fully utilize all aspets of the system.

This doesn't make any sense. The PS3 already had an 8 million to zero deficit in the race with the XBox 360, which is basically its equal in terms of power. The hardware has been finalized for a *long* time - since before the XBox 360 was released. I'm not sure what you think would have been gained by holding it back from release even further.

The PS3 was much maligned in the gaming community for its continual delays due to manufacturing problems. It was already released *very* late. Artificially delaying the release for no reason whatsoever would have done nothing but create even *more* animosity and hatred towards Sony than they have already received.
el_diablo On December 19, 2008

Deleted

Maui, Hawaii
#13New Post! Jan 04, 2007 @ 03:04:16
@jonnythan Said
PS3. Hm.

It's a hell of a lot of money for a game system with zero compelling games.

There are some coming out in the future that look pretty good to me. I personally miss the Metal Gear Solid series.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs