Forums:
Politics

Does the world need a kira?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#1New Post! Nov 23, 2006 @ 07:49:08
As some of you may know, I have recently been following a new anime series called death note which has just come out, I'm not quite finished with the manga but I'm a fair way ahead of the series so I apologize if I spoil it for anyone who is only watching the anime.

The main character light comes into possession of a death note which allows him to kill anyone by knowing their name and face. He decides to rid the world of all the criminals so that there can only be a pure society with people who either would never commit a crime or reform and will not perform a crime while Kira is present the alias which Light becomes known as in order to stop detection. The plot does take a bit of a twist with him killing some of the people trying to find him and other people with similar powers but his idea essentially works and planned crime significantly drops to almost null levels.

For me I seem to think he has the right idea in a way even if he does some things he shouldn't it is more a case of ends justifying means, in the end less people die in a world that doesn't have murderer's and life is certainly easier without having to provide for people in a prison for what would be the rest of their natural lives.

I'm interested in what other peoples thoughts are, I know a lot of people will just post the standard things such as it is for God to decide or killing is wrong, however I would raise the question is it right to kill in order that more people might live who are possibly more deserving and will be able to live a happier life with the "evil" people gone?
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 23, 2006 @ 08:01:15
thats far to deep a thought for me so early in the morning.
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#3New Post! Nov 23, 2006 @ 08:10:16
@brainfarmer Said
thats far to deep a thought for me so early in the morning.

its 9pm here
BabblingBrook On October 04, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 04, 2022 @ 09:46:56
Wow it's been 16 years and not another person has interacted with this post? I just typed this question into google and this popped up, never imagined I'd find such an old thread. I come from the future where yes i do think we could use a "Kira" i just read up on a story about a guy who worked for Jeffrey Epstein and it has completely ruined what little faith in humanity i have left, so i say kill em, kill everyone who dares to harm or injustify the weak, tear down the systems we have in place and start anew, not as seperate entities but as one World government. Alas such a feat is beyond us without time and dedication, both of which we have little.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs