The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Young offenders to be put in army not prison.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
dragonwars On July 30, 2009

Wellington, New Zealand
#16New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:29:39
The thing is for more serious criminals you cant exactly trust them and prison doesnt reform people, they say it does but it doesnt, army has a chance of reforming them
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:32:45
@dragonwars Said
The thing is for more serious criminals you cant exactly trust them and prison doesnt reform people, they say it does but it doesnt, army has a chance of reforming them

army will make people cave...it just does...well at least when they're on the drill square...they are unforgiving, no exceptions, but damnit i love the army...not that im joining up, but will probably6 end up marrying into the army
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#18New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:34:52
@dragonwars Said

but this wouldn't be for the serious criminals, this would be for the asbo teenagers, and as bad as they are they dont diserve a possibility of death
Say whaaa

#19New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:36:34
@mark_is_god Said
but this wouldn't be for the serious criminals, this would be for the asbo teenagers, and as bad as they are they dont diserve a possibility of death

as i said before the majority of teenagers would be too young to go to the front line, i actually thought about it for a second and remembered...and anti-social behaviour can be just as dangerous as someone walking round with a knife...in fact i do believe these teenage 'petty' criminals do
christa On January 14, 2009

, Canada
#20New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:38:55
yea and they should be put in front line infantry If they are really bad
Say whaaa

#21New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 00:41:59
nothing wrong with the front line, and it doesnt necessarily mean death!!!

my friends fiance went to iraq and was in the brunt of it and his car got attacked and he saved people...he didnt die dispite dangerous situations
thebear On July 12, 2011

, Singapore
#22New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 01:02:34
Have you all thought about this?

The army is going to teach them more effective and efficient ways to kill and maim people, use weapons, blow up stuff and generally be destructive.
perspicacious On November 28, 2014

?, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 01:12:34
@thebear Said

The army is going to teach them more effective and efficient ways to kill and maim people, use weapons, blow up stuff and generally be destructive.

It's not like they can't learn this stuff throught the internet, TV and video games.

Haven't you watched Bad Lad's Army?
It does 'em the world of good.

Chuck the feckers in there I say. If they make it back from Iraq they won't go back to chavin' it up, they'll be too thankful they're alive!
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 12:04:17
@thebear Said

hopefully it'll teach them discipline so they don't.

anyway, this is not for nutters.
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#25New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 19:50:50
@herrkapitan Said
Irish politicians are in heated arguements lately over a proposal to send criminal youths into the army to improve their discipline.

I don't think it's going to be passed, but I support it wholeheartedly. Instead of over-crowded prisons, the youths can progress and do something honourful both for themselves and their country. It can channel their aggression positively.

So let me get this straight. You want to take young crimminals and teach how to be stealthy, kill or maim with their bare hands and how to use all the lates and greatest firearms. Then condition them so they are in the best shape that they can be in. Hmm... why not just send them to a shock camp first and not and let that be the way that they learn disipline. Works here in the states.

I am sorry, but this idea is a little absurd.
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#26New Post! Nov 22, 2006 @ 20:09:02
@baker63 Said
So let me get this straight. You want to take young crimminals and teach how to be stealthy, kill or maim with their bare hands and how to use all the lates and greatest firearms. Then condition them so they are in the best shape that they can be in. Hmm... why not just send them to a shock camp first and not and let that be the way that they learn disipline. Works here in the states.

I am sorry, but this idea is a little absurd.

ah well it is the irish army so they wouldn't be trained that well

anyhoo if this did go ahead i would guess the teens would only get the discipline bit, and not the gun training and fighting techinques.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs