Technology & Internet

Bootable Restore Disks

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
beds_numpty On September 09, 2011

luton, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 07, 2006 @ 23:46:34
Hey All

Anyone who comes up with the answer to this one is an actual life saver!!!

I have a Windows XP Medion Restore Disc which came with my packard bell pc that i am on now.

To use this specific disk i restart my pc and boot from CDROM as opposed to HDD.

Now....ive downloaded a restore disc creator thingy from P/Bell website and have created a CD and boots in the same way but using a CD-R.

Heres the problem...

When i copy the full contents of my original restore disc to my pc then paste and write them fully to a CD-R and name the CD-R exactly the same as the original restore disc, it works but then when you go to boot the pc from CDROM it doesnt realise whats on the CD and says 'NO BOOTABLE CD' and continues restarting windows.

Is there something i have to put onto a CD-R disc to make this disc bootable when you turn the pc on like the original disc??

Anyhelp pleasse i really need this!!

Thanks so much!!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Oct 07, 2006 @ 23:49:31
I'm not exactly sure, but you could make sure all the files are there, including hidden files.
beds_numpty On September 09, 2011

luton, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 08, 2006 @ 00:09:38
yea i have changed my startup from floppy to CDROM..what i mean is that it is saying 'Checking Bootable CDROM...' Then it says 'NO BOOTABLE CD' as opposed to what it says when i put the original CDRestore disc inwhich is 'PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD...' then works fine..

And how do i check for hidden files? i just did one big copy and paste and wrote the disc using the cd writer that way....?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs