Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

People who watch too much TV make me mad

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
joni On January 20, 2009

Good old Ashe County, North Ca
#1New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 02:03:54
Okay so watching a show or two every now and then is okay, but people start letting tv pretty much take over their lives.

Well what started this rant is I was sitting there trying to have a conversation with Jessica about a friend of the family's dad, who had committed suicide. Kind of a sad subject for me, sort of emotional, you know, when someone you know fairly well shoots himself. And so Skylar interrupts me and was like "Oh my gosh did anyone watch South of Nowhere last night" (or maybe it was Degrassi I can't remember) and she goes on to say how incredibly sad it was and how some girl on her show died. And I'm just standing there thinking what the hell, since when did people dying on tv become more important than REAL people?

Or maybe the real thing that bothers me is that it's such a waste of life. Yes, I admit I'll watch the occasional episode of a show I like that's basically pointless, or maybe a concert or some of a hockey game, but I do not watch tv regularly. People can rattle off about every episode of every show, the history of actors and actresses, but they don't know what is going on in class. Where are the priorities?

Then there's Catherine who has to stay home because of her seizures, and I was sitting with her on the way to the band competition and she was telling me how she rushes to finish her school work because she has her "TV schedule planned out". She pretty much sits around all day and watches tv.

This is so frustrating for me, does it not bother anyone else that all this creativity and all these ideas people have are wasted on watching a bunch of crap?
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 02:09:29
yeah it kinda makes me annoyed when people say to me "do you watch this show?"
and I say "no"
"what the hells wrong with you? okay what about that other show"
"no"
"why not? it's so cool!"
"I have a life, that's why"
osm On March 18, 2016
Kiwi!

Wellington, New Zealand
#3New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 02:12:01
yeah, my mates don't watch much tv either. So thats good. Some of my mates don't even have a tv fullstop.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#4New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 02:20:31
joni, i think what you are talking about has

little to do with watching tv

and a lot to do with skyler

having not much home training

and your emotions

explain to her in a non-judgemenal tone

why reality is different from tv

and how sad you are about the suicide
grumpy On October 20, 2006

Deleted

#5New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 16:26:12
My dad was like that, would sit in front of the tv all darn day and night unless he had to get up and take us somewhere then it was a moan and b**** fest all the way to where we needed to go just because he would miss a show. He would stay up all night watching tv and he did not work because he would get fired from every job he ever had. Just pathetic because he missed out on so much with us growing up and seeing us go to prom or sports games. TV pretty much took over his life and that is all he cared about. The sad thing is that he missed out on so much and watching us grow up that he died right before I got married and that was his biggest dream was to walk me down the isle. He missed out on my brothers wedding, my wedding and meeting his first grandkids. Missed out on so much all because he thought tv was more important than his kids and family life.
post_natural On August 13, 2009

Bath, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Oct 03, 2006 @ 08:36:55
Hmmmm its fine to watch TV a bit
but if you find someone from a show dying sad
then you have no life
and my heart goes out to you
(people who let tv shows run their lives that is)

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs