"she bears" eat kids in Bible.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Jun 20, 2012 @ 23:53:23
Never trust a she-bear... especially if her best friend's name is Elijah.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#17New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 00:01:35
@chaski Said

Never trust a she-bear... especially if her best friend's name is Elijah.

apparently he was very sensitive about being bald.

It might have only a coincidence that the bears showed up at that time.

The way that I heard the story one of the children, a little blond girl, ate the baby bear's porridge.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 00:03:48
@Erimitus Said

a little blond girl, ate the baby bear's porridge.

Little b****... blonds think that they can do anything! ...have more fun my ass!

tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 06:43:57
Here's a thought...........if there had been hair transplants back then, our world may have been a different place.

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 13:34:29
@tariki Said

Here's a thought...........if there had been hair transplants back then, our world may have been a different place.

Like it, lol.

Could be, but you can bet they'd have found some other insult to shout.

#21New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 15:43:11
Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

Banned

#22New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 17:08:44
@Erimitus Said

Like Abraham, parents should be willing to kill their children for God.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. -- Psalm 137:9

It isn't quite that simple. Abraham was prepared to go through with it as far as God made him, yes, but he knew that somehow or other Isaac had to live, whether the way he did, or by some form of resurrection. Unless Isaac lived God's promises could not be fulfilled and as Abraham knew they always were fulfilled.

Abraham's faith in God and His promises was that strong that he knew, as I say, that somehow Isaac would live. That is why Paul was later inspired to write in Hebrews 11:17-19 "By faith Abraham, when he was tested, as good as offered up Isaac, and the man that had gladly received the promises attempted to offer up [his] only-begotten [son], 18 although it had been said to him: “What will be called ‘your seed’ will be through Isaac.” 19 But he reckoned that God was able to raise him up even from the dead; and from there he did receive him also in an illustrative way".

The trouble is that to understand it properly one has to consider scripture as a whole, and include knowledge of God's personality,. If one does not one makes exactly the same mistake you made with that statement.

People don't stop to ask themselves why Abraham would do such a thing after all the promises he had received, and they don;t understand the way the mind of a man of faith works. I do because I have such faith.

We condemn Abraham for that, and God for asking it, yet many of us expect our sons to go off to war and die for something as unimportant as a human governments. That to me is rank hypocrisy in those who claim to be Christian.

#23New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 17:59:36
@MadCornishBiker Said

It isn't quite that simple. Abraham was prepared to go through with it as far as God made him, yes, but he knew that somehow or other Isaac had to live, whether the way he did, or by some form of resurrection. Unless Isaac lived God's promises could not be fulfilled and as Abraham knew they always were fulfilled.

Abraham's faith in God and His promises was that strong that he knew, as I say, that somehow Isaac would live. That is why Paul was later inspired to write in Hebrews 11:17-19 "By faith Abraham, when he was tested, as good as offered up Isaac, and the man that had gladly received the promises attempted to offer up [his] only-begotten [son], 18 although it had been said to him: “What will be called ‘your seed’ will be through Isaac.” 19 But he reckoned that God was able to raise him up even from the dead; and from there he did receive him also in an illustrative way".

The trouble is that to understand it properly one has to consider scripture as a whole, and include knowledge of God's personality,. If one does not one makes exactly the same mistake you made with that statement.

People don't stop to ask themselves why Abraham would do such a thing after all the promises he had received, and they don;t understand the way the mind of a man of faith works. I do because I have such faith.

We condemn Abraham for that, and God for asking it, yet many of us expect our sons to go off to war and die for something as unimportant as a human governments. That to me is rank hypocrisy in those who claim to be Christian.

I see. Would you explain Deuteronomy 21:18-21

#24New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 18:13:58
@MadCornishBiker Said

Interestingly both Abe and God were willing to sacrifice their only begotten son. And both knew that their sons would be reserected. If there is a point I am missing it.

Banned

#25New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 18:24:12
@Erimitus Said

Interestingly both Abe and God were willing to sacrifice their only begotten son. And both knew that their sons would be reserected. If there is a point I am missing it.

That is a good pint to raise, and the two are not unconnected.

One of the reasons that God asked Abraham to do as he did was to prefigure the sacrifice that He was, in effect, being asked to make as it was the only way to return mankind to perfection in the future.

It also prefigured it in another way, in that neither actually lost their son through their willingness to carry out the deed. Abraham because he had faith in the God he knew so well and therefore trusted to return Isaac to him somehow, and God because he had faith in the son He knew so well and trusted to be faithful.

In Abraham's case especially it also illustrates the necessity of getting to know God well in order to develop full trust in Him. Abraham could not have trusted God so fully had he not known God well enough to know of His faithfulness to His servants.

Even faithfulness works two ways. If we are faithful to God, He will be faithful to us.

Banned

#26New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 18:39:51
@Erimitus Said

I see. Would you explain Deuteronomy 21:18-21

I'll certainly do my best.

(Deuteronomy 21:18-21) “In case a man happens to have a son who is stubborn and rebellious, he not listening to the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and they have corrected him but he will not listen to them, 19 his father and his mother must also take hold of him and bring him out to the older men of his city and to the gate of his place, 20 and they must say to the older men of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of his city must pelt him with stones, and he must die. So you must clear away what is bad from your midst, and all Israel will hear and indeed become afraid.

In a part it depicts what God Himself will do with His unfaithful sons, including his unfaithful spirit sons, when the time comes.

It also is designed to show the Israelites that their first responsibility is to God, to keeping His congregation clean, and then to family, a thought Jesus later echoed in Matthew 10:32-38 “Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me.

I hope that helps.

#27New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 19:54:37
@MadCornishBiker Said

That is a good pint to raise, and the two are not unconnected.

One of the reasons that God asked Abraham to do as he did was to prefigure the sacrifice that He was, in effect, being asked to make as it was the only way to return mankind to perfection in the future.

It also prefigured it in another way, in that neither actually lost their son through their willingness to carry out the deed. Abraham because he had faith in the God he knew so well and therefore trusted to return Isaac to him somehow, and God because he had faith in the son He knew so well and trusted to be faithful.

In Abraham's case especially it also illustrates the necessity of getting to know God well in order to develop full trust in Him. Abraham could not have trusted God so fully had he not known God well enough to know of His faithfulness to His servants.

Even faithfulness works two ways. If we are faithful to God, He will be faithful to us.

Thank you

Banned

#28New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 20:16:19
@Erimitus Said

Thank you

You're welcome, but in this instance I really meant pint, not pint, lol.

#29New Post! Jun 21, 2012 @ 23:06:46
@MadCornishBiker Said

I'll certainly do my best.

(Deuteronomy 21:18-21) “In case a man happens to have a son who is stubborn and rebellious, he not listening to the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and they have corrected him but he will not listen to them, 19 his father and his mother must also take hold of him and bring him out to the older men of his city and to the gate of his place, 20 and they must say to the older men of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of his city must pelt him with stones, and he must die. So you must clear away what is bad from your midst, and all Israel will hear and indeed become afraid.

In a part it depicts what God Himself will do with His unfaithful sons, including his unfaithful spirit sons, when the time comes.

It also is designed to show the Israelites that their first responsibility is to God, to keeping His congregation clean, and then to family, a thought Jesus later echoed in Matthew 10:32-38 “Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me.

I hope that helps.

Maybe that was the point of the she Bears story. (Disrespect the elders at your peril)
So you must clear away what is bad from your midst

One of the top ten rules is ‘honor thy father and mother. They seem to have taken that rule very seriously. Exodus 21:17

Thy father (bio-dad) Thy Father (in heaven) I believe that I understand.

Thank you

Is there any significance attached to the number 42

Thank you

Banned

#30New Post! Jun 22, 2012 @ 08:34:36
@Erimitus Said

Maybe that was the point of the she Bears story. (Disrespect the elders at your peril)
So you must clear away what is bad from your midst

One of the top ten rules is ‘honor thy father and mother. They seem to have taken that rule very seriously. Exodus 21:17

Thy father (bio-dad) Thy Father (in heaven) I believe that I understand.

Thank you

Is there any significance attached to the number 42

Thank you

That is certainly part of the point, though it is more a case of disrespect God's servants at your peril. God always avenges His servants though not usually that swiftly, which is why I wonder if there was more peril than just a few insults. God sees any attack on His servants as an attack on Him personally.

Yes the Congregation must be kept clean, and that applies as much to the Christian Congregation today as it did to the original "Congregation of God" the Nation of Israel.

Yes, that rule was taken very seriously, and is part of what makes the trinity impossible. Jesus frequently denied being equal to his Father and he would never have done that if he were his Father's equal as any lie is an act disrespect to God. That is why lying is viewed so seriously in scripture, it is the original sin, first performed by Satan in the Garden of Eden, and show a lack of respect for the "God of Truth".

Jesus was, admittedly "only" a perfect human on earth, but he knew what his past had been and what his future held provided he stayed faithful. He knew only too well his importance in his Father's purposes.

To call Jesus a liar, in any sense, especially the trinity, is a massive act of disrespect to God.

Thy father on earth, your, as you put it Bio dad, is your father ion a very direct sense, however when it comes to parenthood God is the "top of the tree" since He is father to all of creation. He brought it all into being, as your birth father did for you, He cares for and nurtures it, as your birth father (hopefully) did for you. He is a Father in a very real sense, just on a much bigger sense. Your birth father may have had one or a dozen children, but God has, and takes parental responsibility for, many billions, Spirit, flesh or even the planets and stars, he sees them all as His children sicne he brought them all to being.

Just an odd side point, lol. We often hear science talk of stars that are, for instance 12,000,000 light years away, which means the light took 12,000,000 years to reach us. If we are seeing where they were that long ago, where are they now? do they still even exist? And 12,000,000 light years is one of the nearer ones!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs