"pray for forgiveness and you will get into heaven"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#2New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 21:09:44
First, it is not what you mentally think, say aloud, but it is what is in your heart that the Lord really forgives you for.

You can apologize so many times and never really mean it. You and the Lord both know the truth though

Then again, you may be your whole life living in fear of a god that is not existant and miss out on really living the way you wanted to.

Or you can die not beliving in God and go to hell becuase of your sins and blasphamy and finally run out of chances to save yourself.

Who's to say which is reality I say f*** it! Live how you want to live! Don't let anything dictate your life but you and your motives; whether it be God, religion, money, greed, fun, sex, violence, or whatever it is!

Religion is crap. You don't need a third party to tell you how to worship, pray, or communicate with a higher power It's a form of manipulation and control. By god! I can still talk to God on the crapper if I want to...is that a sin to religion!?
BeTTyBeLL On November 28, 2010
made just right

Kosciusko, Mississippi
#3New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 21:11:13
anyone wanna know why I love foxy so much, read the above post, the last part is my fav!!!!!
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#7New Post! Sep 25, 2008 @ 21:59:37
@shadyfx8 Said
im not saying its a bad thing or anything its justs that this situation is based on cristainity not thiesm
you've given your right to quote anything from the bible, the god your created is in no way related to cristainity, your a Theist rather than a cristain. since the bible is the onley account of a cristain god you cant bellive in cristainity but not the bible

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChristianURL text[/url] I do believe in Christ I just don't believe you need to be told how to love him by a third party who also sins

I'm Mormon I do have my personal beliefs, and it has been proven that the bible we read today has been recreated so many times. Besides, it's not even in chronilogical order. So, why should I believe a rewritten book many times over to believe in God? That's not very logical.

I'm just saying, not all Christians are hypocrites.
longstock On February 13, 2009

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 06:44:34
lol gotta love those loaded questions

What do you think? if you believe in God and have a saving relationship with him will he forget all the times you have stuck to him throughout your life because of one small sin at the end?

Now since you said let's presume the Bible is right...then God is a God of love, in fact he is so loving we can't even imagine it.

What do you think the answer is gonna be? lol
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#9New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 07:01:12
@foxytrot Said
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChristianURL text[/url] I do believe in Christ I just don't believe you need to be told how to love him by a third party who also sins

I'm Mormon I do have my personal beliefs, and it has been proven that the bible we read today has been recreated so many times. Besides, it's not even in chronilogical order. So, why should I believe a rewritten book many times over to believe in God? That's not very logical.

I'm just saying, not all Christians are hypocrites.

again your a theist, a theist who "bellives" in jesus christ, hay so do athiests, he mentions is historical books.
as a thiest you have no idea on this matter
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#10New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 07:04:16
@longstock Said
lol gotta love those loaded questions

What do you think? if you believe in God and have a saving relationship with him will he forget all the times you have stuck to him throughout your life because of one small sin at the end?

Now since you said let's presume the Bible is right...then God is a God of love, in fact he is so loving we can't even imagine it.

What do you think the answer is gonna be? lol

no it seems god is very selfish, jelouse, facist, heartless unfair and tyranus so its intireley possible that the old man wen tto jail. god is certainley not a god of love

when the passages of the bible that talk about him loving people are tacked agsit those of him hateing people the hating passages destroys the loving pasages
schfd7771 On October 25, 2008

HULL,
#11New Post! Sep 29, 2008 @ 16:17:44
Tanswer your question on forveness YEs God does forgive those who truely repnt and his forgiveness is always available but you must be honest and open to him
The only sin that cannot be forgiven is those wholie in the holy spirit blasphemy in the holy spirit no forgiveness given
Pastor Gerald Schofield
debs On October 04, 2008

Alston, a local town for local
#13New Post! Sep 30, 2008 @ 10:42:56
@ShadyFx8 Said
but what if they die before they get a chance to ask for forgiveness? nice job dodgeing the question.

and what is the onley sin that cant be forgiven? it is written so badly i can read it

Who's to say what happens on the day of your death, and that's for every and anybody, regardless of faith or non-faith.

The ONLY thing that God won't forgive you for is if you've felt the holy spirit and deny it.
spaceboy01 On January 19, 2009

, Florida
#15New Post! Oct 12, 2008 @ 09:49:21
@ShadyFx8 Said

ok so what if an 80 year old man has been a devote cristain all his life and prays for forgiveness of all the his sins everyday. but one day when he is walking in his garden his trips and falls a few metres and lands on his head and on the way down he takes the lords name in vain. he dies so he cant ask for forgiveness. he goes to hell right?

can we answer this assuming the bible is right even though its not

and also the google crome browser is great, it has a spelling checker it helps me out alott, often im too lazy to use microsoft word

That's a very good question. I remember asking my mother, "If someone dies and they have never heard of the Christian God or the Bible, do they in fact go to hell". She just made an awkward face at me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs