"You can't possibly be an animal lover if you're a meat-eater"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:23:42

I love it when vegans and vegetarians act like this. They're the only ones who truly love animals.

News flash, animals eat other animals. Are humans not animals?
Seriously, if we were meant to be specifically herbivores we would have been designed that way. But we aren't.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#2New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:26:15
meh... I love em dead or alive, I dont discriminate

All the vegans/vego's I know still wear leather shoes and have leather wallets
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:28:08
I love animals.

Especially cows. Medium rare. On my plate. With a pat of butter and a baked potato.

Carly's Mommy

#4New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:29:53
@cammie Said

meh... I love em dead or alive, I dont discriminate

All the vegans/vego's I know still wear leather shoes and have leather wallets

I had a friend of mine tell me she's vegan while drinking a milkshake.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:30:48
@Kristy69 Said

I had a friend of mine tell me she's vegan while drinking a milkshake.

Was she wearing Birkenstocks?
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#6New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:34:22
I love pigs, they are awesome.

Bacon. Pork. Ham. What is there not to love?

The libber thought process is hampered by a lack of nutrients one normally gains from eating meat. It leads to this weird form of narcissism too, where they think the world will achieve utopia when everyone in the world is just like them - they are much like Hitler in this regard.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#7New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:35:14
I was eating an icecream at college once when one of the nutrition students said...
"Eww....do you realise your eating pigs fat"?

I said "I dont care if its dog s***...it tastes f***ing unreal"
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#8New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:36:21
Vegans, HAH. A plate full of plants and a handful of vitamin pills. Yeah, real healthy.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#9New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:36:47
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I love pigs, they are awesome.

Bacon. Pork. Ham. What is there not to love?

The libber thought process is hampered by a lack of nutrients one normally gains from eating meat. It leads to this weird form of narcissism too, where they think the world will achieve utopia when everyone in the world is just like them - they are much like Hitler in this regard.

Hitler was a vego. Case closed
Carly's Mommy

#10New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 01:42:30
@cammie Said

I was eating an icecream at college once when one of the nutrition students said...
"Eww....do you realise your eating pigs fat"?

I said "I dont care if its dog s***...it tastes f***ing unreal"

Same thing when I eat fast food and my vegan-crazy aunt goes: "OMG do you even have any idea what you're eating?"

My reply? "Idk, goodness?"

Man, f***in' leave food alone! Just leave it alone!
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 10:38:36
I can understand the argument up to a point. You wouldn't kill people you love so why should it be the same for animals?

But then you don't usually kill animals you've forged an understanding with, like pet dogs or cats, where you care for them on a more personal level than you would the animals you see in fields or farms. So the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

But if you consider that we use them for our own purposes like tools, then I can kind of see where they're coming from. You can't honestly love something truly if you're using it for your own needs and not considering its feelings as well. Love is supposed to be reciprocal and based on respect for the other party, which one could claim isn't being demonstrated in some cases. That's why I think there's been such a huge push for 'happy meat,' i.e. meat from places where they treat the animals with respect until they're slaughtered. Then again, one could claim it only assuages guilt rather than creates any kind of loving element though.

Not sure whether that makes it any better but it does make me think.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 10:52:36
I love my pets .
I also love my pork chops and steak and bacon and hamburgers and fried chicken and ....
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#13New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 11:08:37
@white_swan53 Said

I love my pets .
I also love my pork chops and steak and bacon and hamburgers and fried chicken and ....

Right on! Me too! I limit my red meat, but otherwise, LOVE it. I also LOVE my pets and animals in general. Sorry, it's who I am!!!!!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 11:15:15
@sister_of_mercy Said

I can understand the argument up to a point. You wouldn't kill people you love so why should it be the same for animals?

But then you don't usually kill animals you've forged an understanding with, like pet dogs or cats, where you care for them on a more personal level than you would the animals you see in fields or farms. So the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

But if you consider that we use them for our own purposes like tools, then I can kind of see where they're coming from. You can't honestly love something truly if you're using it for your own needs and not considering its feelings as well. Love is supposed to be reciprocal and based on respect for the other party, which one could claim isn't being demonstrated in some cases. That's why I think there's been such a huge push for 'happy meat,' i.e. meat from places where they treat the animals with respect until they're slaughtered. Then again, one could claim it only assuages guilt rather than creates any kind of loving element though.

Not sure whether that makes it any better but it does make me think.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Its like how farmers deliberately consider the livestock as "stock" and not pets. They know they have to send the animals to slaughter in order to feed the family. On the other hand they become incredibly attached to their dogs.

We are not entirely comfortable with the slaughter of animals for food which is why we pay people to do it for us. Or why hunting is "sport"

We have empathy and sympathy. But our need for food overrides this. So with some reassurance that it was free range or line caught makes it a bit more comfortable.

Some argue this is not helping the vegan/veggie cause at all.

I argue to let people make their own choices.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 11:32:24
When my kids were growing up they raised orphaned calves . They would buy them off the neighboring ranchers in early spring , raise them up till late fall then sell them. after a few years of this we started keeping one calf a year for our table.
Generally they named their calves , the names came from the markings each calf had like 'spots' or 'socks' or 'big ears', except for the one we would keep to eat, those carried names like 'roast beef' or ' beef jerky'
' hamburger' ...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs