"Why People Do Bad Things"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#31New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 00:48:35
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Which is what democracy is. The founders abhorred it and that isn't what we were for the first 150 years.

What does that mean? Someone commits a crime and we shouldn't point them out?? The Klan, Nazis, masses don't excuse evil which is all I've been trying to say. Evil identifies itself, but it does take honesty and integrity to identify and punish it.

Once again we are talking extremes. Nazi's are a good thing to point accusative fingers at.

I'm talking petty witch hunting.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#32New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 01:02:22
Basically- I think it's because we feel we can get away with it.

To whatever degree, to whatever line we feel we can cross and get away with it.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#33New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 03:42:54
@Electric_Banana Said

I'm talking petty witch hunting.

Is there such a thing as petty murder, petty slavery, petty genocide, petty pedophilia? Real evil isn't petty at all, but moral relativism wants to make it that way if it's the kind of crime they favor.
One day. . . I will

#35New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 09:25:52
But that's just it. A lot of people justify skipping work or cheating in life because, "Everybody does it."

People will say, "Go ahead, try it." to share the quilt so they can say, "But everybody does it."

A child pushes their boundaries to find how far they can go and get away with it.

We do what we want because we think we can get away with it and if we think everyone is doing it, we should be able to do it too.

Lol~Well, it's my theory which you made me think about.

, New Zealand
#36New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 09:41:06
@Sweet_Merry Said

But that's just it. A lot of people justify skipping work or cheating in life because, "Everybody does it."

People will say, "Go ahead, try it." to share the quilt so they can say, "But everybody does it."

A child pushes their boundaries to find how far they can go and get away with it.

We do what we want because we think we can get away with it and if we think everyone is doing it, we should be able to do it too.

Lol~Well, it's my theory which you made me think about.

I've never, throughout my entire life attempted to do something destructive to another person just for the sake of testing to see if there would be any retaliation.

Because the one major retaliation, which should be obvious, is that >>I<< would know what I had done and I would end up making myself look like an a*****e to myself.

In world buried deep in dog eat dog competition, nearly everyone outside of you is going to want you to believe that you are less than you are and that you deserve less.

So in instance when you have to stop and check yourself, you want to make sure that you always come away smelling clean.

Or else

All those nay sayers, haters and doubters will prove to be right.

, New Zealand
#37New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 09:52:04
Also the example of the women calling out a lot would not be that she is trying her boss. I was aiming that she suffers from an anxiety disorder that impedes her every once in awhile but in a competitive society where in everyone is on guard to burn the person next to them at the stake, she can't honestly confess that she's calling out from work due to psychological incompetence because there would be no empathy or compassion and she would, more than likely, lose that job and become the new rumor amongst her social group.
One day. . . I will

#38New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 09:57:40
@Electric_Banana Said

I've never, throughout my entire life attempted to do something destructive to another person just for the sake of testing to see if there would be any retaliation.

Because the one major retaliation, which should be obvious, is that >>I<< would know what I had done and I would end up making myself look like an a*****e to myself.

In world buried deep in dog eat dog competition, nearly everyone outside of you is going to want you to believe that you are less than you are and that you deserve less.

So in instance when you have to stop and check yourself, you want to make sure that you always come away smelling clean.

Or else

All those nay sayers, haters and doubters will prove to be right.

Are you sure you have NEVER throughout your entire life done anything destructive to another? Never made another feel like dirt; by ignoring or correcting/As a child you never fought another nor taken their toys or hit another?

I find that impossible to comprehend. But wonderful for you. You came out knowing your boundaries. You had empathy from the start.

, New Zealand
#39New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:10:55
@Sweet_Merry Said

Are you sure you have NEVER throughout your entire life done anything destructive to another? Never made another feel like dirt; by ignoring or correcting/As a child you never fought another nor taken their toys or hit another?

I find that impossible to comprehend. But wonderful for you. You came out knowing your boundaries. You had empathy from the start.

Throughout my 'intelligent life' I never.

As a child I did all sorts of stupid things but I don't ever recall those acts as 'testing how far I can run with the noose.'

They were acts of impeded logic due to inexperience, ignorance, failure to apply thought, selfishness (mostly selfishness), boredom, greed and desire without reason, ingratefullness and more selfishness.

I had to stop and think because at the age of four I had placed a tac in mother's chair but I don't believe that I was testing for sense of justice but moreso wanted to see if she would fly through the ceiling yelping out loud like they do in the cartoons.

I mean, now that you got me thinking, perhaps people that do bad things do them because in one way or another they accidentally retarded themselves and didn't mentally grow past the age of four.
One day. . . I will

#40New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:21:52
@Electric_Banana Said

Throughout my 'intelligent life' I never.

As a child I did all sorts of stupid things but I don't ever recall those acts as 'testing how far I can run with the noose.'

They were acts of impeded logic due to inexperience, ignorance, failure to apply thought, selfishness (mostly selfishness), boredom, greed and desire without reason, ingratefullness and more selfishness.

I had to stop and think because at the age of four I had placed a tac in mother's chair but I don't believe that I was testing for sense of justice but more so wanted to see if she would fly through the ceiling yelping out loud like they do in the cartoons.

I mean, now that you got me thinking, perhaps people that do bad things do them because in one way or another they accidentally retarded themselves and didn't mentally grow past the age of four.

Do you really think at such a young age most would know why they are doing something? If a child is asked why they ate the last cookie when told not to- they will most likely say, 'I don't know," when they mean, 'I wanted it."

We are all different. Our minds are not the same, each has a difference in make up.
To think each and every person learns at the same rate, the same time, the same way is incorrect.
To expect us all to see the same, to hear the same, to think the same... is incorrect.

Some see and learn, some hear and learn, some can do and learn. But there are some which have to see, hear and do to learn. It doesn't make them retarded.

Limits help to teach survival-no only of the child but the group, the species.

This is my own uneducated opinion, of course. I am a high school dropout with a GED.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#41New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:30:44
@Electric_Banana Said
I'm talking small things which don't harm anyone else other than the individual themselves, even if that. The things that shouldn't be anybody else's business.

Exactly. If you want to commit suicide, that's your business. Doing bad things to yourself is only bad if you think it is. It's only relative.

But doing bad things to others is not relative, it's universally, objectively wrong.

, New Zealand
#42New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:37:12
Ha! A GED is nothing to be ashamed of, I've got one myself, and I refuse to call myself a "drop out." Instead I refer to myself as a "surviving escapee."

You know at age seventeen I dropped a hit of acid because I wanted to hallucinate and see crazy things. At the time I dropped that hit of LSD I never once considered that I was going to be alive for a long time afterwards and that the brain is such a major and critically important part of us.

Even at age seventeen I still wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

You're right, everyone learns in different ways and at different speeds.

But I still refuse to give credit for competence to murderers and cons and at the least they should be detained in correctional facilities, away from society, where they are not going to accidentally put somebody's eye out with their stupidity.

, New Zealand
#43New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:46:15
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Exactly. If you want to commit suicide, that's your business. Doing bad things to yourself is only bad if you think it is. It's only relative.

But doing bad things to others is not relative, it's universally, objectively wrong.

Precisely, man. When my existing hurts somebody else other than myself, then it is time to rearrange my existing.

At all other times my actions and logics may not coincide with the method of other people's madness but those actions and logics are none of their business.
One day. . . I will

#44New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 10:50:48
@Electric_Banana Said

Precisely, man. When my existing hurts somebody else other than myself, then it is time to rearrange my existing.

At all other times my actions and logics may not coincide with the method of other people's madness but those actions and logics are none of their business.

You two sentences clash.

If your actions and logics are none of their business why are you making their actions and logics your business?

, New Zealand
#45New Post! Oct 26, 2010 @ 11:00:16
@Sweet_Merry Said

You two sentences clash.

If your actions and logics are none of their business why are you making their actions and logics your business?

I don't.....not unless their actions or logics result in me losing bling or hurts me or others.

Let's put it this way

I'm standing in a grocery store and I see a kid stuff his jacket with candy bars.

I don't care - not my candy bars and nobody is going to die because of it.

Let's say I'm outside the grocery store and I see a forty year old man raping a thirteen year old girl in an alley - this would fall a lot closer into that category of 'stupidity' that I was talking about from the start.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs