News & Current Events

"We Met Syria's War Refugees: 7 Awful Things They Told Us"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 18:46:20
Quote:
They call them barrel bombs. The Syrian Air Force will take a 55-gallon drum, stuff in about 2,000 pounds of explosives, then fill the rest with random industrial junk -- ball bearings, rebar, whatever will make lethal shrapnel when it detonates. Then they take the barrel into the sky with a helicopter and drop it on an area where they suspect the rebels are. It will then obliterate an entire city block
Well, the people we talked to weren't just fleeing those bombs. They were fleeing having to be the guy who drops them.

they were met with officers demanding a 1,000 euro bribe ("'Give me a thousand euros, and I open the door,' he said." ). When they couldn't pay, things got rough:

"Give me a thousand euros, and I stop hitting you."

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1916-we-met-syrias-war-refugees-7-awful-things-they-told-us.html

Here is a video of a camerawoman for a Hungarian TV station happily kicking refugee children:

7 Things I Learned Reading Every Issue Of ISIS's Magazine

Quote:

But the most surprising thing I learned about ISIS during my reading is that the primary target of their hatred is not the United States. It's not France or Russia, either. The one "enemy" they devote more time to ranting against than anyone else is the "apostate Muslim." The vast majority of people ISIS kills are Muslims. They use one slur in particular -- "Safawi" -- to refer to Shiite Muslims. That word is a play on the name of the Safavid dynasty, which ruled Persia in the 15-17th centuries and which you almost certainly haven't heard of even though soldiers for the most notoriously evil organization in the world use it as a curse every day.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/isis-wants-us-to-invade-7-facts-revealed-by-their-magazine/

Both stories are informative and graphic

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 19:07:12

Quote:

Here's a photo we snapped of the baddest-ass little boy we have ever seen, leading his family off to a strange new future in god-knows-what distant land:

From the link in the OP.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 19:19:54
running for your life isn't the greatest childhood, but it beats dying.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 20:19:43
@Willi Said

running for your life isn't the greatest childhood, but it beats dying.

Yes, we can say stuff like this while we sit in our nice warm homes ,in our nice quite neighborhoods , not being threatened by barrel bombs or any other type of bombs.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 23:12:57
@white_swan53 Said

Yes, we can say stuff like this while we sit in our nice warm homes ,in our nice quite neighborhoods , not being threatened by barrel bombs or any other type of bombs.

yep.

a lot better then giving up everything to save me and my loved ones lives. and then having countries afraid to even give me food,water, and a bed.

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Nov 25, 2015 @ 23:50:36
@Willi Said

yep.

a lot better then giving up everything to save me and my loved ones lives. and then having countries afraid to even give me food,water, and a bed.

Did you follow the first link in the OP ?
In some countries people have taken refugees into their homes , in one country the officials had to publicly askedfor the people to please stop sending 'care packages ' fora little while , because they couldn't keep up with all that was coming in.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#7New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 00:02:27
@white_swan53 Said

Did you follow the first link in the OP ?
In some countries people have taken refugees into their homes , in one country the officials had to publicly askedfor the people to please stop sending 'care packages ' fora little while , because they couldn't keep up with all that was coming in.

why do I keep hearing the USA ain't taking any?

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 00:08:14
@Willi Said

why do I keep hearing the USA ain't taking any?

I'm not clear on that either .
We have an 18 to 24 month 'vetting' process for refugge's from the ME .
I read that since 9/11 we have taken in some and Obama has said 10,000 in the near future .
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#9New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 00:29:28
@white_swan53 Said

I'm not clear on that either .
We have an 18 to 24 month 'vetting' process for refugge's from the ME .
I read that since 9/11 we have taken in some and Obama has said 10,000 in the near future .

if I was on the run for my life, i'd hope for anyplace.
even if it had a nice safe fence around it until the 'vetting' process was finished.
who needs more WOP jokes.

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 03:11:37
@Willi Said

if I was on the run for my life, i'd hope for anyplace.
even if it had a nice safe fence around it until the 'vetting' process was finished.
who needs more WOP jokes.

Since I have never experenced anything even remotely similar to what they are going though I can't say what I'd be hoping for .
I haven't read anything about the process except that it takes 18 to 24 months , whether there are fences or not ,I couldn't say .
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#11New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 16:35:32
@white_swan53 Said

Since I have never experenced anything even remotely similar to what they are going though I can't say what I'd be hoping for .
I haven't read anything about the process except that it takes 18 to 24 months , whether there are fences or not ,I couldn't say .

ok.
fair enough.

ask em?

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here (Lyrics)

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 17:13:56
@Willi Said

ok.
fair enough.

ask em?

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here (Lyrics)

You do that first chance you have . Then let us know , okay
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 17:30:32
@white_swan53 Said

You do that first chance you have . Then let us know , okay

ok.
from your link I found this

""The most common question I was asked by refugees was some variation of, "Why isn't the United States doing anything to help?" One Serbian border guard we spoke with even asked us to "take some refugees home to America, where they belong." The refugees certainly want that: We didn't run into any anti-American sentiment among the dozens of people we spoke with.""

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 20:07:01
@Willi Said

ok.
from your link I found this

""The most common question I was asked by refugees was some variation of, "Why isn't the United States doing anything to help?" One Serbian border guard we spoke with even asked us to "take some refugees home to America, where they belong." The refugees certainly want that: We didn't run into any anti-American sentiment among the dozens of people we spoke with.""

Did you notice the pictures of the young men who have bought red,white and blue ole glory clothes ?
I have been hearing a lot of comments along the lines of , " why would the ISIS try to send theor people ito the US mixed in with the refugees , when it'll take at least 18 months befotre they will get here , and it's not like they don't have members that are American born and rasied who have left here and gone there , so it's logical that those same peole could just ' come back home'.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Nov 26, 2015 @ 21:19:15
@white_swan53 Said

Did you notice the pictures of the young men who have bought red,white and blue ole glory clothes ?
I have been hearing a lot of comments along the lines of , " why would the ISIS try to send theor people ito the US mixed in with the refugees , when it'll take at least 18 months befotre they will get here , and it's not like they don't have members that are American born and rasied who have left here and gone there , so it's logical that those same peole could just ' come back home'.

they can't stay where they are.
IF ME, I would be happy with a safe tent with food and water.
a room, with a real room golden.
things can get better in Syria and I might want to go home, or try meeting immigration rules from the safety of me own room.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs