northinmind,
#1New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 20:54:16
any truth to this?

THE TRUTH FOX NEWS WILL NOT TELL YOU "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CONSTITUTION"
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 21:30:29
I stopped watching when the guy started talking about states "succeeding" from the union.

Seriously, I don't have time to watch 1.5 hours of some guy try to claim the civil war wasn't about slavery.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 23:25:54
@El_Tino Said

I stopped watching when the guy started talking about states "succeeding" from the union.

Seriously, I don't have time to watch 1.5 hours of some guy try to claim the civil war wasn't about slavery.

it says we are slaves.
we own nothing.
the federal reserve runs our country.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 23:27:33
Once I found out that the Constitution was written on Hemp Paper, I used it and smoked it. Just kidding, I have no idea what happened to it.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Jul 25, 2012 @ 23:39:02
@Cpat92 Said

Once I found out that the Constitution was written on Hemp Paper, I used it and smoked it. Just kidding, I have no idea what happened to it.

ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 03:36:52
@El_Tino Said

Well, I agree, the Civil War was about slavery, but it was also about states' rights. And it only settled the question of secession by force, not legitimacy. So we paid the price for the next one hundred years having the worst of both worlds--negated states' rights and the rapidly dwindling authority of the Constitution. With the repeal of Prohibition and the institution of Social Security, it became obvious that those in power had decided to bypass it except for the superficial formalities.

The rest, especially after adoption of the War on Poverty and the Great Society, was history. I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution, but how is that possible when the people sell their souls to those who undermine it. Who do you go after, the corrupt politicians who exploited a willing people? The inebriated man on the street drunk on his bread and circuses?

You could watch 5000 hours of the Truth, but it wouldn't matter. For some the sale final.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#7New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 04:11:43
@El_Tino Said

Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#8New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 04:17:46
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Well, I agree, the Civil War was about slavery, but it was also about states' rights. And it only settled the question of secession by force, not legitimacy. So we paid the price for the next one hundred years having the worst of both worlds--negated states' rights and the rapidly dwindling authority of the Constitution. With the repeal of Prohibition and the institution of Social Security, it became obvious that those in power had decided to bypass it except for the superficial formalities.

The rest, especially after adoption of the War on Poverty and the Great Society, was history. I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution, but how is that possible when the people sell their souls to those who undermine it. Who do you go after, the corrupt politicians who exploited a willing people? The inebriated man on the street drunk on his bread and circuses?

You could watch 5000 hours of the Truth, but it wouldn't matter. For some the sale final.

As much as it pains me to bring this matter of opinion into the topic here.....some of America's founders and politicians.....SOLD their "souls" when they practiced evil against their fellow mankind! I've said before...."that ORIGINAL founding document, isn't fit to wipe my a** with!!"
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 08:33:13
@Willi Said

it says we are slaves.
we own nothing.

Well that's just plain absurd.

@ThePainefulTruth Said

Well hey, we've done pretty well for ourselves considering the horrors that is our current government. Tell me, are we the greatest country in the world, or are we a piece of crap because the civil war proved states can't go willy nilly doing whatever the hell they want?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#10New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 12:00:46
@El_Tino Said

Well hey, we've done pretty well for ourselves considering the horrors that is our current government. Tell me, are we the greatest country in the world, or are we a piece of crap because the civil war proved states can't go willy nilly doing whatever the hell they want?

War is hardly willy nilly, and I've readily admitted that slavery was the ultimate issue. But states rights was also an issue and a valuable check and balance in our government system. I believe if the South had won the war, slavery would soon have come to an end, states rights would have been salvaged when they North and South reunited, the Constitution would have been saved, and race relations would not have gone through the 100 years of Jim Crow. But that's my opinion and water under the bridge.

We ARE the greatest country in history, but we're failing fast, and for the same reason as the Roman Empire failed--a populace bought by bread and circuses. We became the most powerful and successful country in the world because of one thing a limited government protecting rather than limiting our freedom. It looks like Obama has decided to remind us of what we've lost. He's also taught many whites AND minorities not to vote for a member of a minority because they happen to be one of that minority. That's a good thing, but it won't be viewed that way by the majorities within the minorities any time soon.
neumoljiv On December 07, 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
#11New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 18:23:58
@Willi Said

the federal reserve is required to follow policies set by congress and has to report to congress regularly
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#12New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 19:34:20
@ThePainefulTruth Said

War is hardly willy nilly, and I've readily admitted that slavery was the ultimate issue. But states rights was also an issue and a valuable check and balance in our government system. I believe if the South had won the war, slavery would soon have come to an end, states rights would have been salvaged when they North and South reunited, the Constitution would have been saved, and race relations would not have gone through the 100 years of Jim Crow. But that's my opinion and water under the bridge.

We ARE the greatest country in history, but we're failing fast, and for the same reason as the Roman Empire failed--a populace bought by bread and circuses. We became the most powerful and successful country in the world because of one thing a limited government protecting rather than limiting our freedom. It looks like Obama has decided to remind us of what we've lost. He's also taught many whites AND minorities not to vote for a member of a minority because they happen to be one of that minority. That's a good thing, but it won't be viewed that way by the majorities within the minorities any time soon.

So we've been falling since the civil war because of what happened with state's rights?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 22:09:48
@El_Tino Said

Well that's just plain absurd.

yep, the video said we wouldn't believe it.
but i got to thinking.
it hurt, but i kept at it.
even if i pay my house off, and own it free and clear...

i don't.

if i don't pay property taxes, i loose my property.

so how is it mine ever?

plus it said, we are all enemies of our country???
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 22:11:10
@neumoljiv Said

the federal reserve is required to follow policies set by congress and has to report to congress regularly

report to, or tell congress what to do?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#15New Post! Jul 26, 2012 @ 22:16:44
@El_Tino Said

So we've been falling since the civil war because of what happened with state's rights?

it says the 14th ammendment never got voted on.
or signed by a president
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs