AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
claudibee On November 13, 2009
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 10:59:34
@the7thdimension Said

wow this is pretty surreal. looks like this january at the g20 summit in Washington the world will adopt a global currency and unite itself.

i have a question.

how?

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message666931/pg1

If we knew the answer to that one....
the7thdimension On October 22, 2009

los angeles, California
#3New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:02:15
@claudibee Said

If we knew the answer to that one....

lol
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:18:36
'His call comes ahead of an emergency summit of world leaders and finance ministers from 20 major countries, the G20, in Washington next weekend.

Mr Brown will say that the Washington meeting must establish a consensus on a new Bretton Woods-style framework for the international financial system, featuring a reformed International Monetary Fund which will act as a global early-warning system for financial problems.

The original Bretton Woods agreements, signed in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire in 1944, established post-war international monetary protocols governing trade, banking and other financial relations among nations, including fixed exchange rates and the IMF.

Mr Brown's plan for strengthening the global economy 60 years later involves recapitalisation of banks to permit the resumption of normal lending to households and businesses, better international co-ordination of fiscal and monetary policy and a new IMF fund to help struggling economies and stop financial problems spreading between nations.

He also wants agreement on a world trade deal and reform of the international financial system based on principles of "transparency, integrity, responsibility, sound banking practice and global governance with co-ordination across borders".'

Where exactly is the conspiracy?

los angeles, California
#5New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:24:00
@jmo Said

'His call comes ahead of an emergency summit of world leaders and finance ministers from 20 major countries, the G20, in Washington next weekend.

Mr Brown will say that the Washington meeting must establish a consensus on a new Bretton Woods-style framework for the international financial system, featuring a reformed International Monetary Fund which will act as a global early-warning system for financial problems.

The original Bretton Woods agreements, signed in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire in 1944, established post-war international monetary protocols governing trade, banking and other financial relations among nations, including fixed exchange rates and the IMF.

Mr Brown's plan for strengthening the global economy 60 years later involves recapitalisation of banks to permit the resumption of normal lending to households and businesses, better international co-ordination of fiscal and monetary policy and a new IMF fund to help struggling economies and stop financial problems spreading between nations.

He also wants agreement on a world trade deal and reform of the international financial system based on principles of "transparency, integrity, responsibility, sound banking practice and global governance with co-ordination across borders".'

Because working together doesn't usually work.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:25:32
@jmo Said

Mr Brown is partially responsible for getting the UK at least into this mess. Now he is apparently going to save the world economy with his Keynesian policies. Maybe not a conspiracy, but certainly a failure to address our economic problems correctly.

los angeles, California
#7New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:27:24
@claudibee Said

Mr Brown is partially responsible for getting the UK at least into this mess. Now he is apparently going to save the world economy with his Keynesian policies. Maybe not a conspiracy, but certainly a failure to address our economic problems correctly.

which in my opinion can be directly attributed to a conspiracy.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#8New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:27:50
@the7thdimension Said

Because working together doesn't usually work.

That doesn't entail a conspiracy.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:28:41
@the7thdimension Said

Or else he's a blithering idiot, as some politicians apparently are.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:30:05
@claudibee Said

Gordon Brown is somehow responsible for a Global financial crisis?

To be honest I'd much rather Gordon Brown, someone who has that much experience as being CoQ for that long as PM than David Cameron, a man who's finally created some policies which expose him as being as right wing as every other Tory leader of the post-war period.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:30:48
@the7thdimension Said

What conspiracy? Where is the conspiracy?
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:31:56
@jmo Said

To be honest I'd much rather Gordon Brown, someone who has that much experience as being CoQ for that long as PM than David Cameron, a man who's finally created some policies which expose him as being as right wing as every other Tory leader of the post-war period.

No, partially responsible for what happened here in the UK.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#13New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:33:02
@claudibee Said

No, partially responsible for what happened here in the UK.

How exactly?
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:33:44
@jmo Said

Also, If Mr Brown has so much experience from being Chancellor of the Exchequer he could be using it more wisely now. I know experience is vital in politics but so is common sense. I'm really not sure how we've gone so badly wrong.
I will NOT!!

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:34:39
@jmo Said

How exactly?

As Chancellor and now P.M. He has to take resonsibility somewhere along the line or what is the point of having a CoE or PM?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs