Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

"The Secret Lives Of Women" About The Occult

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
RespectUrReligionBut On March 25, 2009

Houston, Texas
#1New Post! Mar 25, 2009 @ 13:38:51
I watched that episode on Lifetime & came away wondering more about true members Of The Church Of Satan. The woman on the documentary episode said she is a "Satanist", but does NOT believe in The Devil & although she does do spells in which she calls upon Him & His power to help her, she is her own God. So this just leaves me confused.... If the Devil needed her wouldn't he be calling on her rather than the other way around. I mean, I would just really like to hear what others have to say about their faith. I guess I am just wondering what the average everyday member of The Church Of Satan is like.I always had this impression of member to be kinda cool people. But she was a HUGE DORK & is the standard member. Don't let me down!
sirkewl On July 25, 2009

None of your business, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 03:59:10
@RespectUrReligionBut Said

I watched that episode on Lifetime & came away wondering more about true members Of The Church Of Satan. The woman on the documentary episode said she is a "Satanist", but does NOT believe in The Devil & although she does do spells in which she calls upon Him & His power to help her, she is her own God. So this just leaves me confused.... If the Devil needed her wouldn't he be calling on her rather than the other way around. I mean, I would just really like to hear what others have to say about their faith. I guess I am just wondering what the average everyday member of The Church Of Satan is like.I always had this impression of member to be kinda cool people. But she was a HUGE DORK & is the standard member. Don't let me down!

That's the way they are. Trust me. Any person who is involved in that religion is a dork, and not worth the time to get to know.
thirteen_invitations On November 20, 2020

Nashville, Tennessee
#3New Post! Mar 28, 2009 @ 05:54:58

The Church of Satan, or Satanism, is just like any other religion, in the fact that there are different "denominations", or all the members have their own twist/view.

If you evaluate this one woman in the documentary, and stereotype all Satanists to be "dorks", then you would be jumping to conclusions. That would be like saying all catholics like to molest children just because a few (well maybe a lot) of their clergy enjoy such things.

The obvious thing to do, is judge people, not by their religious claims, but their actions.

Anyone claiming to be a member of a religious organization is, quite often, about to become a hypocrite.

I always thought many Satanists act more like Christians and many Christians act more like Satanists.

Go figure.
allurasmom On April 26, 2009

Lexington, Kentucky
#4New Post! Apr 12, 2009 @ 03:11:21

The woman is severely confused herself so I suspect no other person will be able to understand her and will just come away confused themselves.

Lexington, Kentucky
#5New Post! Apr 12, 2009 @ 03:12:53
I am a believer but for those out there who are not believers contemplate this. If Satan is real that has to mean God is real. Which in turn legitimizes the Bible. If that is so then why would you want to be a follower of Satan? He looses in the end!

Lexington, Kentucky
#6New Post! Apr 12, 2009 @ 03:13:43
Maybe I should clarify... I am a believer as in I am a Christ follower.
AquilusDomini On March 16, 2010

Jackson, Michigan
#7New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 05:16:30
Satanists=cheesie
not to be mean, but satanism is a religion that usually teenage boys/girls take up. sometimes older women/men will take it up, but mostly because they're somewhat immature or are lacking foundation and security in their lives (which any religion can provide). we can say that Satanists are aggressively atheist...
while some do magic and whatnot, it all boils down to self love. they believe they're their own god (more or less atheistic belief). some satanists do believe in a pagan god called Set, however, that group is nominal. none of them are supposed to actually believe in Satan/the Devil. and the followers of Anton...lmao. that's a funny group. most of them like to shock the hell out of christers but really can't be taken seriously.
Subjectivity9 On September 28, 2009

madisonville, Tennessee
#8New Post! Sep 14, 2009 @ 13:49:41
Hey AquilusDomini

As far as kids doing anything to shock others. There is nothing new in that. Rebellion is natural to that age. Deep thought, far less frequently seen.

I think that if people say they believe in Satan, we have to take the time to ask them who is Satan' and in what way do you believe in him, in order to get the whole picture.

Very often words like Satan or God are representative of many, many things.

Just as some of our more sophisticated brothers and sister don?t really think of God as being some guy in the sky, many Satanists don?t believe that Satan is some nutcase with horns running around causing trouble.

Many people who fall under the heading of Satan worshipers, like witches, are actually people who believe in what is often better called the Nature Religions. They use rituals, some might call spells, to influence the mind and bring about healing. This is similar to the ideas about mind over matter.

The ?placebo affect? now showing up in medicine is beginning to show us that there may be some truth within this thinking. Perhaps if we were clever we would start to question its uses for the good.

Let us remember that the Christian?s do something very similar, a ritual called ?the laying on of hands.? I have actually seen this work.

Subjectivity9
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs