Politics

"Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2011

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 12:45:56
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption

Quote:
"Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians." The list, in alphabetical order, includes: Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL); Former Senator John Ensign (R-NV); Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL); Attorney General Eric Holder; Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL); President Barack Obama; Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA); Rep. Don Young (R-AK); Rep. Laura Richardson (D-CA); and Rep. David Rivera (R-FL).

https://www.market***ch.com/story/judicial-watch-announces-washingtons-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-for-2011-2011-12-28

Interesting .
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 13:04:03
@white_swan53 Said

Interesting .

But, these are the people that we least want to be involved in our goings-on.... Ironic.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 13:29:22
@white_swan53 Said

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption

https://www.market***ch.com/story/judicial-watch-announces-washingtons-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-for-2011-2011-12-28

Interesting .

You left out "conservative" from your description apparently.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#4New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 13:34:36
Mobarak: corrupt OR not corrupt, has a conscience OR does not have a conscience.

Was he really liberal as he claimed for the bias of free speech being available to the technically minded professional concerns of the employable people (persons?).

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 14:07:22

Thank you for your input.

@shinobinoz Said

You left out "conservative" from your description apparently.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#6New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 14:46:10
um...... No Rick Scott? You left off the biggest thief in world history? (seriously, look it up, nobody has ever stolen as much money as he did, ever) If he ain't on it the list is incomplete.

Also, just noticed your sig line, that is retarded and in no way accurate.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#7New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 15:02:26
Are these corrupt people wanted by the people, or by the justified Legal judgment in .... Lahore?

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 16:48:35
@drman321 Said

um...... No Rick Scott? You left off the biggest thief in world history? (seriously, look it up, nobody has ever stolen as much money as he did, ever) If he ain't on it the list is incomplete.

Also, just noticed your sig line, that is retarded and in no way accurate.

Yes Rick Scott's company did commit fraud. I'm guessing the reason his name isn't on the list is because he wasn't a politician at the time and then there's this.
Quote:
Also, four Florida-based Columbia/HCA executives were indicted. Two were convicted of defrauding Medicare in 1999 and were sentenced to prison, only to have those convictions overturned on appeal. A third executive was acquitted and a jury failed to reach a verdict on the fourth.

Was Scott close to going to prison for his part in the case?

It appears not at all.

The former CEO was never indicted and was never questioned in the case, he says. He may have been a target of the investigation — an ABC News report from 1997 says he was — but that never translated into charges.

https://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2010/jun/11/rick-scott-and-fraud-case-columbiahca/
Cinnamon On April 21, 2012

USA,
#9New Post! Jan 11, 2012 @ 23:22:31
Hi Swan, I enjoyed the article, thanks. I have to clip this part from your link because Maxine Waters is one of the most disgusting ever. Until now, I had no idea she had such ties to the circus freak, Barney Frank. It figures though.

"Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA): Rep. Maxine Waters is one of the most senior and one of the most outspoken members of Congress. She is also one of the most corrupt.

In August 2010, an investigative subcommittee of the House Ethics Committee charged Rep. Waters with three counts of violating House rules and ethics regulations in connection with her use of power and influence on behalf of OneUnited Bank. She was expected to face an ethics trial in late 2010, but the committee delayed the trial indefinitely on November 29, 2010, citing newly discovered documentary evidence that may impact proceedings.

The delay apparently has less to do with evidence and more to do with infighting on the panel. Ultimately, an outside counsel was retained and a recommendation was expected by January 2, 2012. However, the Committee announced that the Waters probe will be extended until July 31, 2012.

According to The Associated Press, the charges currently under the House Ethics Committee microscope "focus on whether Waters broke the rules in requesting federal help [bailout money] for a bank where her husband owned stock and had served on the board of directors." At the time she requested the help, Waters neglected to tell Treasury officials about her financial ties to OneUnited Bank.

Without intervention by Waters (and a big assist from her co-conspirator Rep. Barney Frank), OneUnited was an extremely unlikely candidate for Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) funding. The Treasury Department indicated that it would only provide bailout funds to healthy banks to jump-start lending. However, Judicial Watch uncovered documents detailing the deplorable financial condition of OneUnited at the time of the cash infusion. In fact, just prior to the bailout, OneUnited received a "less than satisfactory rating."

Aside from OneUnited, there was yet another scandal with Waters' fingerprints all over it.

According to The Washington Times: "A lobbyist known as one of California's most successful power brokers while serving as a legislative leader in that state paid Rep. Maxine Waters' husband $15,000 in consulting fees at a time she was co-sponsoring legislation that would help save the real-estate finance business of one of the lobbyist's best-paying clients..."

"Real-estate finance businesses," such as the one helped by Waters' influence, were labeled a "scam" by the IRS in a 2006 report.

Despite all of her ethical woes, Maxine Waters seeks to take over the retiring Barney Frank's position as the ranking Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee. It is quite obvious that Rep. Waters has neither the integrity nor the ethics necessary to hold such a position of public trust."

hahah - that last sentence is priceless humor!! AS IF Barney Frank everrrrr had anything to do with "integrity or ethics."

I keep saying you can't make this stuff up.

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:02:23
The awfully sad part is that's just the top ten and top ten Dishonorable Mentions for 2011.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:05:20
Oh and BTW for anyone not inclined to read the article, there is a nice mixture of both Republicans and Democrats in both lists.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#12New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:19:22
@white_swan53 Said

Yes Rick Scott's company did commit fraud. I'm guessing the reason his name isn't on the list is because he wasn't a politician at the time and then there's this.

https://www.politifact.com/florida/article/2010/jun/11/rick-scott-and-fraud-case-columbiahca/

He plead the fifth 75 times. I'm afraid claiming he wasn't the target of the investigation is complete BS.

n/a, New Mexico
#13New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:32:30
@drman321 Said

He plead the fifth 75 times. I'm afraid claiming he wasn't the target of the investigation is complete BS.

Your mention of him is the first i had heard about him. I looked it up and posted what I found. I have a cousin who lives in Florida but we don't talk politics much when we visit.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#14New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:32:56
Where the hell is is Newt Gingrich on that list?

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:38:52
@boobagins Said

Where the hell is is Newt Gingrich on that list?

I knew I had seen his name somewhere in the article

Quote:
Dishonorable Mentions for 2011 include: Former Senator John Edwards (D-NC); Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA); Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA); Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano; Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA); Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY); Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY); and Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs