The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

"Significant adverse effect on good order, discipline, morale, and mission accomplishment."

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#1New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 14:02:38
The White House is now endorsing military reprimands of members who keep a Bible on their desk or express a religious belief.

The article
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 14:36:42
@magicgoat Said

The White House is now endorsing military reprimands of members who keep a Bible on their desk or express a religious belief.

The article

Good.

Military members should not be running around promoting their particular religion, their personal religious beliefs, nor their particular sect of any given religion.

And, as usual, the extreme right wing article left out a considerable amount of facts... more sensational let's keep our country divided crap.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#3New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:01:15
@chaski Said

Good.

Military members should not be running around promoting their particular religion, their personal religious beliefs, nor their particular sect of any given religion.

And, as usual, the extreme right wing article left out a considerable amount of facts... more sensational let's keep our country divided crap.

There we are.

So, let's start with the removal of the POW table:

I'm afraid this is simply intolerable

From that link:

"The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God"

The president is a con artist. His only motive is power. We deserve him because we've given up on those other things once considered important.

Yes, let's celebrate this.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:05:09
@magicgoat Said

There we are.

So, let's start with the removal of the POW table:

I'm afraid this is simply intolerable

From that link:

"The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God"

The president is a con artist. His only motive is power. We deserve him because we've given up on those other things once considered important.

Yes, let's celebrate this.

So you are comfortable with Sunni and Shia Muslims running around promoting their versions of Islam while on military duty, correct?

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#5New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:14:50
@chaski Said

So you are comfortable with Sunni and Shia Muslims running around promoting their versions of Islam while on military duty, correct?

I walked by their prayer tent which was 100 yards from my Conex. I woke up and went to sleep to the call for prayer. I routinely walked past contractors who were using prayer rugs and performing ritual acts on camp in front of everyone several times a day.

Yes yes yes I'm okay with the military allowing members and contracted workers acting out this way. Is that my choice over prohibiting all religious expression?

You realize the president has no courage whatsoever right? The man is a coward. He wouldn't dare suggest that members of Islam keep their prayer mats hidden or silence the PA systems calling others to prayer.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:23:14
@magicgoat Said

Yes yes yes I'm okay with the military allowing members and contracted workers acting out this way.

Very enlightened of you, but ultimately a bad idea.

@magicgoat Said

I walked by their prayer tent which was 100 yards from my Conex. I woke up and went to sleep to the call for prayer. I routinely walked past contractors who were using prayer rugs and performing ritual acts on camp in front of everyone several times a day.

Same as the base chapel and their christian hymns/religious songs.

@magicgoat Said

You realize the president has no courage whatsoever right? The man is a coward.

I disagree.

I don't believe that anyone who ran for the office of president could possibly be a true coward, even Pres Bush, who most likely repeatedly dodged his national guard duty back in the day.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#7New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:26:29
@chaski Said

I don't believe that anyone who ran for the office of president could possibly be a true coward, even Pres Bush, who most likely repeatedly dodged his national guard duty back in the day.

Perhaps Bush would have been less of a coward if he had stayed high on pot in Hawaii and never served a day of his life in the military.

Isn't that your test for authenticity Chaski? Let's compare military service records between Obama and Bush.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#8New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:37:19
@magicgoat Said

Isn't that your test for authenticity Chaski? Let's compare military service records between Obama and Bush.

Ok.

Bush dodged service that he took an oath to do.

VS.

Obama never served so never took the oath and later violated it.

And in what way did I present a "test for authenticity"?
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:48:51
Does it matter? As both men were elected any test is both academic and redundant.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#10New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:52:40
@yami Said

Does it matter? As both men were elected any test is both academic and redundant.

magicgoat calls Obama a coward.

chaski disagrees.

Does it matter?

Do any of the conversations on TFS or any other forum site "matter"?
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:53:44
Well of course mine do.

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#12New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 15:59:38
@chaski Said

Ok.

Bush dodged service that he took an oath to do.

VS.

Obama never served so never took the oath and later violated it.

And in what way did I present a "test for authenticity"?

Not dodge. I think of "draft dodge" or malingering or something. Perhaps you mean he missed some drills? Perhaps you mean he chose the reserves to fulfill some requirement for military service without "truly" serving?

I think Bush may not have met his entire six-year obligation for the reserves. Not sure that qualifies as a dodge.

I noticed in this forum you sometimes make statements about people on the right who have never served in the military. The "test of authenticity" is the questions from you to people like Sonic who may have never served. We know that many of us haven't. I guess the percentage of the over-all population is something like 10% and percentage of those who were ever in combat were far far less.

The point is, the current POTUS has made policy decisions which are deliberately targeting his enemies. His enemies are Republicans and Christians. It's scary and unethical. He's using the IRS, NSA, and the Pentagon to stymie his opposition. Frankly I'd rather be reprimanded and outed for doing what I know is right than conform to the whimsy of a embittered ideologue.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 16:11:10
@magicgoat Said

Not dodge. I think of "draft dodge" or malingering or something. Perhaps you mean he missed some drills? Perhaps you mean he chose the reserves to fulfill some requirement for military service without "truly" serving?

I think Bush may not have met his entire six-year obligation for the reserves. Not sure that qualifies as a dodge.

Ok. He didn't "dodge" he was AWOL... a crime per the UCMJ.

@magicgoat Said

I noticed in this forum you sometimes make statements about people on the right who have never served in the military. The "test of authenticity" is the questions from you to people like Sonic who may have never served. We know that many of us haven't.

Yes I do. But only when someone who has never served starts acting "holier than thou".

@magicgoat Said

The point is, the current POTUS has made policy decisions which are deliberately targeting his enemies.

You write this as if no other president has ever done this. They ALL have done this.

@magicgoat Said
His enemies are...Christians.

Not true. This is extreme right wing fundamentalist fanatic propaganda.... and actually pretty f***ing comical...

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#14New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 16:14:22
@chaski Said

Ok. He didn't "dodge" he was AWOL... a crime per the UCMJ.

Yes I do. But only when someone who has never served starts acting "holier than thou".

You write this as if no other president has ever done this. They ALL have done this.

Not true. This is extreme right wing fundamentalist fanatic propaganda.... and actually pretty f***ing comical...

Yes true and I'm afraid it is he who has no business making the distinction between authentic faith and fundamentalist propaganda. Whenever he tries it always comes up short.

Enjoy the laugh.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! Jun 13, 2013 @ 16:27:37
@magicgoat Said

Yes true and I'm afraid it is he who has no business making the distinction between authentic faith and fundamentalist propaganda. Whenever he tries it always comes up short.

If you are referring to Obama, I'm not sure that I have ever heard Obama address that distinction, but OK.

If you are referring to me, in my view it is all misguided belief in mythology and we would all be better off with out it.

We would all be better off without the extremes whether religious or political.

So far, the extreme right wingers typically fail to support their arguments with anything resembling evidence. The extreme left is on a bit of a hiatus right now, but typically fail in a similar manner.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs