Religion & Philosophy

"If the gods are conscious" Some of us see better in the dark

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On about 21 hours ago

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 03:23:58
What I love about TFS is three years ago I boldly, openly announced myself as mental and set a preface where in I could openly share philosophical ideas, that others might find of some use, that still leaves gateway for others to roll their eye's at more mad Banana yammering.

It has since created this board as a good brainstorming outlet which also drew in other similar-minded individuals.

What I'm going to suggest is far from orthodox to Christian teachings but having analysed and monitored my mental suffering over the years I've learned quite a few tricks concerning cognition.

One of those main tricks was to learn not to fall victim to the subjective suggestions of others, in the past, who walked these same grounds.

First and foremost was to slay the concept of that which was sheer evil and Icon to all that was wrong.

Having faith that an intelligent designer would not place something wretched in the environment with us for no particular purpose I set out on a mission to prove that which people are mistaking for 'Darkness' or 'Evil' is of no malicious intent what so ever and serves only as a necessary element.

I strive my best in the cold of winter, feel my best under the night sky and the moon.

And last night as I began to psychologically (or spiritually) sink into that energy or feeling of being shrouded in darkness, instead of kicking and screaming and choosing to allow myself to see the situation the way that artists like David Lynch portrays it, I stopped and innocently began to respect it as a necessary element - just as necessary as light.

Upon this understanding I realized that the dark energy I felt around me was no more conscious than water would be.

I also realized that although cold, quiet and alone I had an impenetrable shield around me granting me the utmost solitude.

People somewhat understanding what I am talking about would describe it as being in a pitch dark cavern with but a match to light their way.

The trick is to recognize the cavern as solitude and sanctuary and not fear it. In doing so that match kicks starts into a massive spotlight and that is where my clearest communion takes place with the intellect providing my deepest and most profound of insights.

I think some people need to start realizing that the darkness they fear is that which they work much better within and the only malevolent activity taking place is imaginary due to fear of the transition and struggling too hard to run back out immediately.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#2New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 03:53:24
does a blind person fear a dark room type thing?

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:00:25
@Willi Said

does a blind person fear a dark room type thing?

There's an empathic sensation that usually goes along with it but you're right - a blind person can not choose to discriminate or fear changes taking place in their environment. Their perception is already chosen for them.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#4New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:05:21
@Electric_Banana Said

There's an empathic sensation that usually goes along with it but you're right - a blind person can not choose to discriminate or fear changes taking place in their environment. Their perception is already chosen for them.

armour eliminates fear?

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:08:13
@Willi Said

armour eliminates fear?

More allowing yourself to experience life as if you're the first one doing so and not allowing yourself to be side tracked by other's parodies and suggestions of what they assumed that they were experiencing.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:11:15
@Electric_Banana Said

More allowing yourself to experience life as if you're the first one doing so and not allowing yourself to be side tracked by other's parodies and suggestions of what they assumed that they were experiencing.

sharp things cut.

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:30:10
@Willi Said

sharp things cut.

I meant when defining to yourself new territory that still has yet to be explained.

Everyone can prove that knives cut but the fact that my partner's little nephew can answer questions without me having to ask them - does that mean he's a vicious blood-sucking alien from Planet 12?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:37:10
@Electric_Banana Said

I meant when defining to yourself new territory that still has yet to be explained.

Everyone can prove that knives cut but the fact that my partner's little nephew can answer questions without me having to ask them - does that mean he's a vicious blood-sucking alien from Planet 12?

my friends from planet 12 say "no".
my guess would be a human that developed a gift.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 04:44:05
@Willi Said

my friends from planet 12 say "no".
my guess would be a human that developed a gift.

Precisely and there are all sorts of other issues that can develop within the brain and mind.

My personal paranormal experiences have been strange enough without associating some old philosopher's fantasy Devil with what I am experiencing.

If I don't allow myself to be tripped up by other's horror story ideas concerning weird phenomena - I perhaps could start mapping everything in a manner which is more constructively and practically useful for others who venture down the same less trodden path.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#10New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 05:18:10
@Electric_Banana Said

What I love about TFS is three years ago I boldly, openly announced myself as mental and set a preface where in I could openly share philosophical ideas, that others might find of some use, that still leaves gateway for others to roll their eye's at more mad Banana yammering.

One of those main tricks was to learn not to fall victim to the subjective suggestions of others, in the past, who walked these same grounds.

First and foremost was to slay the concept of that which was sheer evil and Icon to all that was wrong.

Having faith that an intelligent designer would not place something wretched in the environment with us for no particular purpose I set out on a mission to prove that which people are mistaking for 'Darkness' or 'Evil' is of no malicious intent what so ever and serves only as a necessary element.

I strive my best in the cold of winter, feel my best under the night sky and the moon.

And last night as I began to psychologically (or spiritually) sink into that energy or feeling of being shrouded in darkness, instead of kicking and screaming and choosing to allow myself to see the situation the way that artists like David Lynch portrays it, I stopped and innocently began to respect it as a necessary element - just as necessary as light.

The trick is to recognize the cavern as solitude and sanctuary and not fear it. In doing so that match kicks starts into a massive spotlight and that is where my clearest communion takes place with the intellect providing my deepest and most profound of insights.

@Electric_Banana Said

Precisely and there are all sorts of other issues that can develop within the brain and mind.

My personal paranormal experiences have been strange enough without associating some old philosopher's fantasy Devil with what I am experiencing.

If I don't allow myself to be tripped up by other's horror story ideas concerning weird phenomena - I perhaps could start mapping everything in a manner which is more constructively and practically useful for others who venture down the same less trodden path.

The biggest cause of mental and neurotic conditions is our unwillingness to just sit with ourselves,
invite the darkness in for a while and not fear it.

Our attempts to avoid our own misery is our worst enemy.
Invite the darkness in, have a chat, then send it home.
You will survive.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#11New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 06:41:29
@futilevoice Said

The biggest cause of mental and neurotic conditions is our unwillingness to just sit with ourselves,
invite the darkness in for a while and not fear it.

Our attempts to avoid our own misery is our worst enemy.
Invite the darkness in, have a chat, then send it home.
You will survive.

Hello Darkness my old friend....
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#12New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 06:53:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11UQ4CQznLk&list=WL350D50A0690B4152&index=6&feature=plpp_video
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 06:55:45
@Electric_Banana Said

the land between wake and sleep is interesting.
the spot where light and dark meet also.
what is power to do vs. a gift?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#14New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 06:57:48
@LovetheProcess Said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11UQ4CQznLk&list=WL350D50A0690B4152&index=6&feature=plpp_video

perspective?
is it right to murder robin hood?

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 07:15:20
@LovetheProcess Said

Hello there, Sneaky.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs