Society & Lifestyles

"I don't care"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 07, 2020 @ 08:56:53
A few days ago, reading of yet another episode of pure stupidity from the UK's current PM, I turned to the latest Polls showing that his Party was still ahead in the polls, which then led to Twitter (I'm not a Twit myself....... ) and some sort of discussion.

And there it was......when giving consideration to the very latest buffoonery of Boris Johnson, when confronted with the virtually endless list of his incompetence, the declaration:- "I don't care. He has given us Brexit." ( Well, he actually hasn't as such, but I am beginning to understand Leavespeak after much observation)

So, "I don't care" just so long as we get what we want? Barely hidden at all, is this the secret of how The Donald has retained much of his voter base? The lies, the stupidity, America in flames BUT "I'm getting what I want so I don't care!"

Being British, I can only guess at what the MAGA hats "want".....perhaps to walk the streets well armed and feeling free? Feeling blessed that they are no one else but themselves? Who knows. I give up!

Just how prevalent is the attitude of "I don't care"?

Ends and means.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Sep 07, 2020 @ 20:01:58
Yes. That is exactly it. In America. The I don’t care. Is conservative judicial appointees that will supposedly “overturn” abortion.

That is the end all issue on the right treat makes everything trump does ok.

200,000 dead from corona, drop in the bucket compared to the babies democrats have killed
Mexican and South American kids in cages, nothing compared to the Mexican and South America babies Democratically kill every day.
Black people shoot by police, meh they deserved it. What about the babies and Sanger and the Democrats said something racist once. They are the real problem.

You want to feed toddlers or support their parents of school age kids and you get crickets, but whatever. Those parents need to be responsible for their actions.
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Sep 07, 2020 @ 20:57:30
@DiscordTiger Said

Yes. That is exactly it. In America. The I don’t care. Is conservative judicial appointees that will supposedly “overturn” abortion.

Yes... and the funny thing is that as conservatives they are not at all likely to revisit and old case (i.e. Roe v Wade).

If a new case comes up, they might review previously unresolved aspects of the "issue" but will not (repeating myself here) revisit previous determined particulars.

In addition, as conservatives while they are most likely going to side with the State's rights over Federal intervention.... as long as "it" doesn't interfere with previous judicial decisions and/or the functioning of the Federal government.... etc....

Abortion will not be over turned by a "conservative" set of justices.

It is possible that some "protections" of people wanting abortions or doctors providing abortions might occur. However, we really haven't seen that happening.

In addition, I find it hard to believe that a "conservative" set of justices would side with any president (including Trump) over the Constitution.

Of course there are a lot of other issues that will come to the forefront, and then we would see the influence of Republican vs "liberal".

...etc... blah blah blah... etc...

Bottom line: A conservative set of justices will likely be very conservative in their decisions... not "republican" but "conservative"... we've seen this repeatedly with Roberts, and even both Kavanaugh & Gorsuch to a lesser degree.

Words have meanings.
mrmhead On about 19 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 07, 2020 @ 22:10:16
@dookie Said

So, "I don't care" just so long as we get what we want? Barely hidden at all, is this the secret of how The Donald has retained much of his voter base? The lies, the stupidity, America in flames BUT "I'm getting what I want so I don't care!"

An general observation I've previously mentioned: Conservatives tend only concern themselves with themselves. Liberals tend to be concerned with the welfare of others and cooperation.

i.e.
Rural = your neighbor could be 8 or more miles away.
Suburban = your neighbor could be as close as 8" away.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 08, 2020 @ 08:01:20
@mrmhead Said

An general observation I've previously mentioned: Conservatives tend only concern themselves with themselves. Liberals tend to be concerned with the welfare of others and cooperation.

i.e.
Rural = your neighbor could be 8 or more miles away.
Suburban = your neighbor could be as close as 8" away.

Dare anyone in these days of "everyone is entitled to their opinion" ever assert that one opinion is actually better than another?

As a consequence of my "Delusion" thread with its evidence of our preoccupation with all things delusional, I downloaded a Freebie, "Deadly Delusions" by Barry Mauer. Mr Mauer is a teacher at a Florida State University. His book is an unapologetic attack upon all things "right wing" and the associated mentality. Each year the intake for his class is 30 and he gave them all a questionaire.

One result, 14 agreed with the statement that, “There is no way to tell whether any theory is better than any other. Therefore, everyone has a right to his or her own opinion about anything.”

Mr Mauer comments:- "This misplaced fairmindedness – if indeed that is what it is – leads many students into the credulity trap where they are willing to entertain any claim no matter how ludicrous; they also equate hard-earned established knowledge with wishful thinking, conspiracy theory, and propaganda."

(67% agreed with the statement that “I know propaganda when I see it.”)

There were many other questions, the answers to which astounded Mr Mauer to the point where he thought that the students just might be being flippant. But this is Trumpster Country, so maybe not.

This seems to relate to "impartiality" which is the byword these days for the BBC. Last year there was a march in London asking for a second Referendum on Brexit. Estimates of attendance varied from 600,000 to over 1 million. On the day, a counter demonstration attended by about 2000 gained much the same time slot on the main news. Such is "impartiality". And on the Comments Sections on the Tabloids, we had the usual "A left wing orchestrated march, rent a crowd etc" thrown at the first mentioned march. I presume those who said this saw the counter demonstration as the spontaneous outpourings of the "moral majority" or the cry of the "everyday man"!

Anyway, it seems quite appropriate that Florida will be one of the places first hit by rising sea levels. As the Trumpsters there are flushed out to sea they will still, presumably, be heard crying out that the 97% of scientists who see Climate Change as a reality were all part of yet another left wing conspiracy designed to eradicate their way of life.

As I'm waffling, this again relates to the nature of Reality. Whether overseen by a transcendent Being who "loves Jacob but hates Esau", who has his "elect" and who will eventually despatch his own enemies to the lake of fire (having failed continually and dismally in getting his own "elect" to love there own).......or in fact a Reality that actually expresses a profound impartiality that can be trusted.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Sep 08, 2020 @ 17:20:36
@chaski Said

Yes... and the funny thing is that as conservatives they are not at all likely to revisit and old case (i.e. Roe v Wade).

If a new case comes up, they might review previously unresolved aspects of the "issue" but will not (repeating myself here) revisit previous determined particulars.

In addition, as conservatives while they are most likely going to side with the State's rights over Federal intervention.... as long as "it" doesn't interfere with previous judicial decisions and/or the functioning of the Federal government.... etc....

Abortion will not be over turned by a "conservative" set of justices.

It is possible that some "protections" of people wanting abortions or doctors providing abortions might occur. However, we really haven't seen that happening.

In addition, I find it hard to believe that a "conservative" set of justices would side with any president (including Trump) over the Constitution.

Of course there are a lot of other issues that will come to the forefront, and then we would see the influence of Republican vs "liberal".

...etc... blah blah blah... etc...

Bottom line: A conservative set of justices will likely be very conservative in their decisions... not "republican" but "conservative"... we've seen this repeatedly with Roberts, and even both Kavanaugh & Gorsuch to a lesser degree.

Words have meanings.

Yes. That is why many republicans are calling Roberts a traitor and pissed that Gorsuch has decided against Trump almighty.

They have decided. Republicans/conservatives/Christian/moral are all synonymous when they are not.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 09, 2020 @ 18:03:59
Apathy is toxic. We must live inside out.

Choose wise council. Get fresh air and plenty of exercise.

Choose a godly wife and have many many children.

This is the key to great happiness in the age of Trump.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Sep 13, 2020 @ 08:08:44
Boris Johnson - as could easily be foreseen by anyone remotely aware of his career long record of lies and outright buffoonery - now descends even further into pure farce.

His latest claim is that the Withdrawal Bill must be amended as initially it was "rushed through".

It was he himself who sought to rush it through! He shut down Parliament (finally declared by the Law Lords to have been illegal) seeking to avoid scrutiny of his Deal. Then, Parliament recalled, he demanded that it be passed quickly, condemning those who sought to put forward amendments. Then he spent virtually the entire GE campaign trumpeting his Oven Ready Deal to the nation! "It's ready to go, just get it out at Christmas."

Now it was "rushed through" and so must be amended. Breaking International Law (acknowledged by the Government)

But he was elected as Leader of the Tory Party as a "one trick pony" who would "get Brexit done". Thus most just DO NOT CARE. He is applauded. Some even seek the moral highground, declaring that those with the true interests of the UK at heart will support him.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs