Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#1New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:07:11
(Aka "CONTINUING LEARNING EDUCATION COURSES" ):

Ok, so we hear it... we hear it, we hear it. But what good is a "promise" from anyone who is known to lie?

The American People need an economics class on public television, now.
We need terms defined. We need to understand all these things.

We don't need promises. They are worthless.
We need education. Quick.

If either candidate provides an hour long economics-class for the average person to understand what is going on simply, on public television, before the election, they will have my vote.

I don't understand the economy, but I'm getting a blurry crash-course today.

What do you think of this?
lisajones On December 31, 2009

Woodbridge, Virginia
#2New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:09:01
Are you certain that any of the candidates have a good grasp of Economics to start with? It would be interesting to see what they would present or how they would explain it.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:09:35
An economic class on public television?

Don't think anyone will watch that
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:11:54
And why does it need to be on TV? Both candidates already have fairly detailed plans on their websites:

https://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/
https://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#5New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:15:53
I think an extensive financial education needs to be part of the public education program as standard. People who are poor don't invest not because they choose not to, but because they don't know anything about it. A study showed that a person's financial education was the average of their 10 closest friends. If their friends don't know anything about managing money, odds are, they won't either. If it's incorporated into public education, BEFORE high school when kids start dropping out, the economy would be much better overall. Less poverty and poor money management choices, better personal financial investment decisions.
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#6New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:28:32
I've heard that very few high-school graduates understand the basics of how interest rates work, how banking rates work, etc. and they get into financial trouble by over-borrowing very early in their lives. They have those youthful errors hanging over their heads -- throughout their whole adult lives as a result.

If people don't want to understand or watch it, that's their choice. But I think this nation needs to have simple things explained to them, as a process of all lives. They leave people in the dark.

Everyone does not have a college education. But they should have the right to learn and keep learning about things vital to them, so they CAN vote intelligently, and our tax money should pay for it. And it should be provided to people with out cost, on a regular basis.

In high school you don't care about the economy.
Adults do. We need the knowledge. Now.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:30:13
Here is McCain's economics class!

It's the same as Bush's!

Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:31:54
@4000earthquakes Said
I've heard that very few high-school graduates understand the basics of how interest rates work, how banking rates work, etc. and they get into financial trouble by over-borrowing very early in their lives. They have those youthful errors hanging over their heads -- throughout their whole adult lives as a result.

If people don't want to understand or watch it, that's their choice. But I think this nation needs to have simple things explained to them, as a process of all lives. They leave people in the dark.

Everyone does not have a college education. But they should have the right to learn and keep learning about things vital to them, so they CAN vote intelligently, and our tax money should pay for it. And it should be provided to people with out cost, on a regular basis.

In high school you don't care about the economy.
Adults do. We need the knowledge. Now.

So go learn, instead of hoping one of these guys takes the initiative to educate you. Learning is free. You obviously have an internet connection, and you no doubt have a local library.

What's stopping you from going out and learning yourself instead of demanding that someone else step in to teach you for free?
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#9New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:34:11
@jonnythan Said
And why does it need to be on TV? Both candidates already have fairly detailed plans on their websites:

https://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/
https://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/

I kinda love you, you posted a post in an election topic without saying "ZOMG X IS BETTER THAN Y". You're all neutrallike. Sleep with me please?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 19:36:10
The worst thing about "ZOMG X IS BETTER THAN Y" is that if you say "ZOMG X SUCKS" everyone inserts the "AND Y RULES" in their heads, whether you mean it or not.

You can't criticize one without it being an implicit endorsement of the other. I'm alternately labeled as an Obama lover or McCain lover depending on which thread I'm in.
bobbimay On February 11, 2024

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:04:55
@4000earthquakes Said
Ok, so we hear it... we hear it, we hear it. But what good is a "promise" from anyone who is known to lie?

The American People need an economics class on public television, now.
We need terms defined. We need to understand all these things.

We don't need promises. They are worthless.
We need education. Quick.

If either candidate provides an hour long economics-class for the average person to understand what is going on simply, on public television, before the election, they will have my vote.

I don't understand the economy, but I'm getting a blurry crash-course today.

What do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBZgf_thR88

this may help
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#12New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:09:55
@bobbimay Said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBZgf_thR88

this may help

Most economists agree that supply side economics is WRONG. Booya.

Putting the tax rates for the top 5% back to the levels in the Clinton years won't lead to economic disaster. Sorry, but some random dude with the republican mascot "elephant" in his name is hardly an economics expert.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#13New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:12:04
it doesn't make sense to say that higher taxes for the rich will make the economy worse because that's exactly what Clinton did, and it was the longest economic prosperity period in the nations history, wasn't it?
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#14New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:14:15
@lili Said
I think an extensive financial education needs to be part of the public education program as standard. People who are poor don't invest not because they choose not to, but because they don't know anything about it. A study showed that a person's financial education was the average of their 10 closest friends. If their friends don't know anything about managing money, odds are, they won't either. If it's incorporated into public education, BEFORE high school when kids start dropping out, the economy would be much better overall. Less poverty and poor money management choices, better personal financial investment decisions.

3 cheers for you!

@jonnythan Said
The worst thing about "ZOMG X IS BETTER THAN Y" is that if you say "ZOMG X SUCKS" everyone inserts the "AND Y RULES" in their heads, whether you mean it or not.

You can't criticize one without it being an implicit endorsement of the other. I'm alternately labeled as an Obama lover or McCain lover depending on which thread I'm in.

You never responded to his proposition!

@el_tino Said
Most economists agree that supply side economics is WRONG. Booya.

What's up with Booya? I keep seeing it in your posts and now I just have to ask. What's it from, the meaning?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#15New Post! Sep 16, 2008 @ 20:14:53
@jonnythan Said
I'm alternately labeled as an Obama lover or McCain lover depending on which thread I'm in.

Now, that statement holds no truth, when standing alone.

I like to think of you as the epitome of diversity, on the threads of TFS. You are all things, to all people! Actually, an unenviable position... How do you hold up to the pressure of maintaining such a reputation?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs