Religion & Philosophy

"Gods" relationship to us.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
inues On June 29, 2010

Virginia Beach, Virginia
#1New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 01:56:09
Sorry for the quick and dirty but I wanted to keep this simple even though I have a lot more to say about each of these views. I'm just curious about what other people might have to say and more importantly contribute to this train of thought.

There seems to be many different takes on how we relate to god. The most popular, at least where i live is the modern christian view of god as an always present being who is merely there to guide you in the "righteous" path basically what i like to call the Great Creator.

The scientifically updated version of this seems to be a god who is more of a Great designer. A benevolent all knowing being which set the initial conditions for this universe and much like an experiment is just letting every thing find its own path with little or no intervention.

In contrast to western religions the holy path is not found out side of ones self such as a savior but is found with in ones self. The god in religions like these aren't to different from the Great designer. This view of god i like to call the Source of all creation or just "the source" for short. All things come from the source and some day all things will return.

Finally the more out there view witch correlates with all the others is that you, me and the entirety of the universe is the physical representation of god. All energy, matter and time is god. In the other versions of god humans are usually looked upon as much god as a painting is the painter but this view takes that aspect to a much more encompassing level. This i like to call the encompassing god.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#2New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:04:36
@inues Said

Sorry for the quick and dirty but I wanted to keep this simple even though I have a lot more to say about each of these views. I'm just curious about what other people might have to say and more importantly contribute to this train of thought.

There seems to be many different takes on how we relate to god. The most popular, at least where i live is the modern christian view of god as an always present being who is merely there to guide you in the "righteous" path basically what i like to call the Great Creator.

The scientifically updated version of this seems to be a god who is more of a Great designer. A benevolent all knowing being which set the initial conditions for this universe and much like an experiment is just letting every thing find its own path with little or no intervention.

In contrast to western religions the holy path is not found out side of ones self such as a savior but is found with in ones self. The god in religions like these aren't to different from the Great designer. This view of god i like to call the Source of all creation or just "the source" for short. All things come from the source and some day all things will return.

Finally the more out there view witch correlates with all the others is that you, me and the entirety of the universe is the physical representation of god. All energy, matter and time is god. In the other versions of god humans are usually looked upon as much god as a painting is the painter but this view takes that aspect to a much more encompassing level. This i like to call the encompassing god.

You have given a brief outline of 3 or 4 different gods, is that correct?

Anyway, there is One True God. He was Incarnate in Jesus Christ. We come to the Father through the Son, guided by the Holy Ghost.

As Jesus Christ said, there is no other way to the Father but through Christ.

Jesus Christ is the relationship, he is the one with whom we enter into relationship, he is everything.
Eastender On August 13, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Falkland Islands (Islas Malv
#3New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:06:10
@aquine Said

Anyway, there is One True God. He was Incarnate in Jesus Christ. We come to the Father through the Son, guided by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus Christ is the relationship, he is the one with whom we enter into relationship, he is everything.

You state that as if its certain, but its only whats written in some book.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:09:00
@Eastender Said

You state that as if its certain, but its only whats written in some book.

As is most of the science text?
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:10:25
God's relationship with us? Hmmm I dunno would he really care? I think some care about their relationship to God more than God cares about a relationship with us.

Deleted
Banned

#6New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:10:52
@davii Said

As is most of the science text?

Yeah, and lots of that is well dodgy too!
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:12:27
@Eastender Said

Yeah, and lots of that is well dodgy too!

Actually, I should've said philosophy, rather than science

Deleted
Banned

#8New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:13:10
@davii Said

Actually, I should've said philosophy, rather than science

Oh cool lol - that makes more sense!
inues On June 29, 2010

Virginia Beach, Virginia
#9New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:16:33
@aquine Said

You have given a brief outline of 3 or 4 different gods, is that correct?

The christian religion likes to state that other religions are "half truths" So in a sense is the god/s that billions of other people on earth learn of, worship and have a lot in common morally and ethically partially the god of which you speak?

secondly and more specifically what is up with the huge mood change between the wrathful god who brought pestilence, genocide, and some of the worst horror the world has ever known in the old testament to the almost hippieish all forgiving god of the new testament?
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:17:42
@inues Said

The christian religion likes to state that other religions are "half truths" So in a sense is the god/s that billions of other people on earth learn of, worship and have a lot in common morally and ethically partially the god of which you speak?

secondly and more specifically what is up with the huge mood change between the wrathful god who brought pestilence, genocide, and some of the worst horror the world has ever known in the old testament to the almost hippieish all forgiving god of the new testament?

There's an easy answer to that last bit
inues On June 29, 2010

Virginia Beach, Virginia
#11New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:19:43
@davii Said

There's an easy answer to that last bit

what might that be?
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#12New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:29:10
@inues Said

If I have a glass of pure water and then add one grain of salt to it, it is no longer pure. It is impure.

A half-truth is a lie.

If my compass is off by 1 degree, then by the time I have travelled 10000 miles I will be well off course.

God has never changed. Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. He could have called upon legions of angels to destroy his enemies, but he had a mission to complete.
He came to give himself up for the forgiveness of the sin of the world.

God is love in the Old Testament. God is love in the New Testament.

If you are having difficulty reconciling the old and the new then I would like to suggest that you continue on with reading the New Testament, contnue with prayer, all will be revealed.

Gentleness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. However, if you think that what is coming is going to be gentle, then may I direct you to Revelations.

Blessed is the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
aquine On May 30, 2014

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#13New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:30:18
@inues Said

what might that be?

The Aryan lie. Aryans are people who deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.
GAMEfreak On April 28, 2017

betch,
#14New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:31:34
@SparklyKatie Said

God's relationship with us? Hmmm I dunno would he really care? I think some care about their relationship to God more than God cares about a relationship with us.

Can you guys get out!!!! there is somebody actually interested and you're just going to ruin it
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jun 29, 2010 @ 02:34:39
@aquine Said

The Aryan lie. Aryans are people who deny the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Just making up definitions now are we aquine?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs