#16New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:03:22
@chaski Said

Glenn wins a cookie for that one.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:04:27
@Eaglebauer Said

This is an important point.

Yeah but I'm talking about men who don't own the Playboy mansion.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:05:58
@Electric_Banana Said

Yeah but I'm talking about men who don't own the Playboy mansion.

I don't own the Playboy mansion. And I've been down that road.

In fact, I'm on it right now.

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:09:21
@Eaglebauer Said

I don't own the Playboy mansion. And I've been down that road.

In fact, I'm on it right now.

So those have use for it are here for a shorter time than those who do not?

This isn't making things look any better.

And I'm sure that you'll pull through.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:19:46
@Electric_Banana Said

So those have use for it are here for a shorter time than those who do not?

I didn't say that. At all.

What I said was Forumless made an important point: that the understanding of one's mortality can make life more precious to that person and that when the finality of death is close, and a person knows it (or at least senses it), that person often gains a new appreciation for life that makes your constant downplaying of it and constant announcement that life is meaningless and something to be cast off like a piece of trash as long as you have a way to do it quickly and painlessly something of a slap in the face.

@Electric_Banana Said

And I'm sure that you'll pull through.

I don't know what you're basing that on, but considering your opinion of life itself, it doesn't give me much comfort.

, New Zealand
#21New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:31:48
@Eaglebauer Said

I didn't say that. At all.

What I said was Forumless made an important point: that the understanding of one's mortality can make life more precious to that person and that when the finality of death is close, and a person knows it (or at least senses it), that person often gains a new appreciation for life that makes your constant downplaying of it and constant announcement that life is meaningless and something to be cast off like a piece of trash as long as you have a way to do it quickly and painlessly something of a slap in the face.

Remember that movie "House" where that Vietnam soldier had to leave his injured buddy alone to be captured and tortured to death by the enemy?

Was it an insult and slap in the face to anyone that injured soldier wished to be dead?

I may not be an injured solider but at this point I have no ambition, reason or desire to become anything more than I am right now and right now I'm pretty friggin' useless.

@Eaglebauer Said

I don't know what you're basing that on, but considering your opinion of life itself, it doesn't give me much comfort.

Belief that you will, mostly your own.

Erm....don't use me as example. I'm a bit of an anomaly - Reality does not oblige my desires and dreams otherwise I wouldn't be here to type this right now.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#22New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:35:20
@Electric_Banana Said

Glenn wins a cookie for that one.

What is a cookie... and how do you know...
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#23New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:45:44
@Electric_Banana Said

Remember that movie "House" where that Vietnam soldier had to leave his injured buddy alone to be captured and tortured to death by the enemy?

Was it an insult and slap in the face to anyone that injured soldier wished to be dead?

That soldier had no way out of his predicament. YOU DO, you're just too damned stubborn.

The soldier has the choice of dying or continuing to be physically tortured into agony. If you gave the soldier a choice to die or to be set free and returned home, which do you believe he would have picked? No, his attitude isn't a slap in the face. YOURS would be to HIM though.

@Electric_Banana Said

Erm....don't use me as example. I'm a bit of an anomaly - Reality does not oblige my desires and dreams otherwise I wouldn't be here to type this right now.

But you aren't though. You're always talking about how different you are, but you really aren't any more different that anyone else. You think reality obliges my desires and dreams all the time? You really think I like being in the predicament I'm in?

I'd trade everything I own for peace of mind that isn't coming.

You remember that, Electric, and remember it well.

, New Zealand
#24New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 02:56:42
@Eaglebauer Said

That soldier had no way out of his predicament. YOU DO, you're just too damned stubborn.

The soldier has the choice of dying or continuing to be physically tortured into agony. If you gave the soldier a choice to die or to be set free and returned home, which do you believe he would have picked? No, his attitude isn't a slap in the face. YOURS would be to HIM though.

But you aren't though. You're always talking about how different you are, but you really aren't any more different that anyone else. You think reality obliges my desires and dreams all the time? You really think I like being in the predicament I'm in?

I'd trade everything I own for peace of mind that isn't coming.

You remember that, Electric, and remember it well.

You'll be ok, Eagle. You'll pull through.

I don't mean that in a patronizing manner.

I mean I believe just like Douglas Adams: Arthur Dent learned how to fly by completely forgetting that he was falling.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#25New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 03:32:13
@futilevoice Said

Go to dictionary.com.

No I want you to tell me what you think it is so I can then tell what you meant by your comment.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 03:36:56
@Glenn Said

No I want you to tell me what you think it is so I can then tell what you meant by your comment.

What is a comment?

, New Zealand
#27New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 03:37:44
@chaski Said

What is a cookie... and how do you know...

Dude...my browser is acting all sorts of funny right now. I hope this wasn't you.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 03:39:50
@Electric_Banana Said

Dude...my browser is acting all sorts of funny right now. I hope this wasn't you.

It was me... sorry... I was trying to be funny...
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#29New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 04:09:52
@Glenn Said

You don't even know what YOU mean let alone what anyone else does.
Give it a rest.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#30New Post! Jan 17, 2012 @ 04:14:44
@futilevoice Said

You don't even know what YOU mean let alone what anyone else does.
Give it a rest.

No ... you are trying to say that rational people DO NOT believe in God. Sorry I just don't agree.

At least this is what I think you meant...since you won't tell me what YOU THINK RATIONAL MEANS ... it means I have to guess.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs