News & Current Events

"Don't touch my junk!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
WASH On June 04, 2012

LINCOLN, California
#1New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 18:12:14
So said a passenger to an airport security screener. And a new phrase was concocled. Sacramento Bee, 101117. He refused a "full body screening as too invasive. Do you have a problem?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 18:40:50
Don't touch my junk! is hardly a new phrase.

I could see how the new "full body screening" could be invasive. Those things are quite detailed. But the problem can be solved like this: Don't fly.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#3New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:40:09
@someone_else Said

But the problem can be solved like this: Don't fly.

And how long do you think it will take the airlines, too be standing in front of congress begging for a handout, because they lost so much money from people not flying??
Not a dude.

Deleted

#4New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:42:27
@TheMuse Said

And how long do you think it will take the airlines, too be standing in front of congress begging for a handout, because they lost so much money from people not flying??

Hmmmm....that's a good question. Do that many people have a gigantic problem with the full body screen?

I mean, it's not like they're in there for 5-10 minutes while the operator is having a quick w**k.
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#5New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:46:30
My big issue with them is that they are unnecessary. We have not had a single threat that these would have prevented nor have they caused a single terrorist to be brought to justice.

It smells to me like a slick lobbyist convinced the right people that they were necessary.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:51:13
@someone_else Said

Don't touch my junk! is hardly a new phrase.

I could see how the new "full body screening" could be invasive. Those things are quite detailed. But the problem can be solved like this: Don't fly.

It's not that easy.. I'm flying to Alabama to be with my family for Christmas and due to work and school neither my mom nor I can afford to take 2 extra weeks off to drive back and forth, as I'm in Utah.

I was looking forward to it until I read this, I'd forgotten about the body scans.. And yes, it does bother me, greatly.
Not a dude.

Deleted

#7New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:52:24
@drman321 Said

My big issue with them is that they are unnecessary. We have not had a single threat that these would have prevented nor have they caused a single terrorist to be brought to justice.

It smells to me like a slick lobbyist convinced the right people that they were necessary.

That might be true...maybe not. Only hindsight will tell.

Surprisingly, Americans "overwhelminly" endorse full-body scanners

"When asked if U.S. airports should use full-body scanners at security checkpoints, 81% of those surveyed in the CBS poll said yes. Only 15% said no. CBS says there's a 3-percentage-point margin of error for the poll."

I swear I'm not stalking you drman
Not a dude.

Deleted

#8New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:54:15
@eternus_somnium Said

It's not that easy.. I'm flying to Alabama to be with my family for Christmas and due to work and school neither my mom nor I can afford to take 2 extra weeks off to drive back and forth, as I'm in Utah.

I was looking forward to it until I read this, I'd forgotten about the body scans.. And yes, it does bother me, greatly.

First, you have the option to have a full body pat-down instead.
So, would you rather have someone glance at a screen to check for concealed objects, or run their hands all over your junk?

Second, what bothers you about it?
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#9New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 21:55:37
Just watched this on Jon Stewart's show,there is a vid of it on Youtube somewhere lol.

eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:02:40
@someone_else Said

First, you have the option to have a full body pat-down instead.
So, would you rather have someone glance at a screen to check for concealed objects, or run their hands all over your junk?

Second, what bothers you about it?

Edited here.. I would say the former but that doesn't mean I have to like it

And it's just personal, I don't even wear low cut shirts or anything, I'm very private about my body. Though with the scan I guess it wouldn't be anything major, I just don't like the idea of it really..

Anyway my main point was that "Don't fly" doesn't exactly cut it for some people. Lots of people travel for their jobs after all
drman321 On December 28, 2013

, Florida
#13New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:11:57
@someone_else Said

What would you rather have? Someone putting their hands on your junk, or someone looking at a screen that shows an outline of your body?

Why do we need either?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#14New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:16:08
@drman321 Said

Why do we need either?

We might not. Here's what I'm getting at. After each bombing / hijacking, how many people said "well if we had just {fill-in-blank} we would have caught that guy"? And then it turns into a big blame game.

You're all right, it's probably not necessary. I, personally, don't see it as that big of a deal.
MrT On June 09, 2011

Merseyside, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:20:25
@someone_else Said

Well...according to a blog I just skimmed ( ) they can't see inside body cavities and they are thwarted by folded cloth ( ).

However, everything I've seen says that they are an alternative to a full body pat-down. So the question I posed to e_s still stands...

What would you rather have? Someone putting their hands on your junk, or someone looking at a screen that shows an outline of your body?

A full pat down would do me... I am currently single and this would save me a few quid, lol.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs