"Crazy, Stupid Love"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 01:15:01
OK, the movie has some high points (one of the highest being Emma Stone--HAAAAWWWWT!!!), but it has some slack s*** as well. Number one is casting Carell and Moore. Yeah she's only 2 years older than he is but it looks more like 20. But hey, I'm not about taste or appearances, even if his supposed attraction to her is genuine.

But there's this other thing going on about "soul mates". When are we as a species gonna wake up and realize there's no such thing? The laws of attraction are locked in. So when are we, as a species, going to wake up and smell the coffee? There's roughly 3 billion members of the opposite sex out there. Comef***inon! Fated love is bulls***. The relationships that work are the ones with a reasonable degree of compatibility and that WE MAKE WORK OUT.

Now I need to go wash out my brain out with 500 Days of Summer, again<<<<one Rom-Com out of a million.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 01:19:05
So it isn't as good as Carell's other material?
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 01:20:52
I'd personally like to grease up and spank all of them.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 01:21:16
I really want to see that movie, along with friends with benefits.

But to comment on the soul-mate aspect, I think we make our soulmates. It's not just attraction, but compatibility on a level that in unexplainable in my opinion. I do think there are rare instances where you can meet and just "know" - not necessarily that they are your soulmates, but there seems to be something there that lacks with other people, - I also think soulmates are often created and when it's created, it holds a higher value than just words like relationship, marriage, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend.
mEimEi On January 29, 2016

, Philippines
#5New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 02:11:32
I haven't watched the movie yet so i can't tell much, but I also believe there is no such thing as Soulmate. Soulmate was just created by some unhappy person making the world believe that they will never find real happiness till they find their soulmate to probably share the same dilemma this person has.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 02:31:46
@meimei Said

I haven't watched the movie yet so i can't tell much, but I also believe there is no such thing as Soulmate. Soulmate was just created by some unhappy person making the world believe that they will never find real happiness till they find their soulmate to probably share the same dilemma this person has.

Or a hopeless romantic dreamer. Or someone in the throes of new love thinking it magical.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#7New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 02:35:00
I liked the movie. I guess when I go see a romantic comedy I don't really think that happens in real life and simply go to enjoy a good fictional movie.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#8New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 04:48:30
@Leon Said

So it isn't as good as Carell's other material?

It isn't that, he's pretty much a known quantity--good, funny, but not someone capable of the extraordinary.

@boobagins Said

I really want to see that movie, along with friends with benefits.

Both well worth seeing in their own right.

Quote:
But to comment on the soul-mate aspect, I think we make our soulmates. It's not just attraction, but compatibility on a level that in unexplainable in my opinion. I do think there are rare instances where you can meet and just "know" - not necessarily that they are your soulmates, but there seems to be something there that lacks with other people, - I also think soulmates are often created and when it's created, it holds a higher value than just words like relationship, marriage, husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend.

I think they're always created, by a couple committed to each other.

@meimei Said

"Soulmate" as opposed to "settling" is one thing, but soulmate as making the most of a beautiful compatibility is quite another.

@chisa96 Said

Or a hopeless romantic dreamer. Or someone in the throes of new love thinking it magical.

Which of course isn't wrong of itself, it's just whether we step back, take a breath, and think, as well as feel.

I'm indeed heartened to see the opinions I've seen expressed here.

@floydgirrl Said

I liked the movie. I guess when I go see a romantic comedy I don't really think that happens in real life and simply go to enjoy a good fictional movie.

Hollywood it largely responsible for the soulmate mythology, which includes love at first sight (like or lust at first sight yeah, ok, but....), kismet, fate, and all the other words we use to excuse crosschecking our emotions with reason.

For great entertainment and a realistic, romantic comedy, watch (500) Days of Summer. Pay particular attention to the narrator at the end. Now that is a masterpiece. It is the antidote to Crazy, Stupid Love--literally. (Cut that, paste it, frame it and nail it to the door.)
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 05:19:31
People are going to hurt themselves looking for that one special person to be with.

Most people have issues to the point where they can not really be dedicated until a much later age.

Some people are saying that you make them, I used to think that but not any more.

I just know that there are many different people out there that you can relate to for many different reasons. I have never been in a situation, however, where those many different people have been in the same city, state and a lot times the same country as me.

I also know that most people won't stop playing the field until they've found someone who looks and acts perfectly until they reach thirty years of age and haven't someone to settle down with.
mEimEi On January 29, 2016

, Philippines
#10New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 06:05:37
@Electric_Banana Said

People are going to hurt themselves looking for that one special person to be with.

Most people have issues to the point where they can not really be dedicated until a much later age.

Some people are saying that you make them, I used to think that but not any more.

I just know that there are many different people out there that you can relate to for many different reasons. I have never been in a situation, however, where those many different people have been in the same city, state and a lot times the same country as me.

I also know that most people won't stop playing the field until they've found someone who looks and acts perfectly until they reach thirty years of age and haven't someone to settle down with.

In addition,
1: well, People are going to hurt themselves looking for that one special person who acts and thinks alike them. One has to realize we are made differently. but the hard part is finding someone who will accepts how different you are and like you all the same.
2 and last statement: that's the sad part though...mostly applied to men...im going to have detractors after this notion..lol...
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#11New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 06:27:11
@ThePainefulTruth Said

OK, the movie has some high points (one of the highest being Emma Stone--HAAAAWWWWT!!!), but it has some slack s*** as well. Number one is casting Carell and Moore. Yeah she's only 2 years older than he is but it looks more like 20. But hey, I'm not about taste or appearances, even if his supposed attraction to her is genuine.

But there's this other thing going on about "soul mates". When are we as a species gonna wake up and realize there's no such thing? The laws of attraction are locked in. So when are we, as a species, going to wake up and smell the coffee? There's roughly 3 billion members of the opposite sex out there. Comef***inon! Fated love is bulls***. The relationships that work are the ones with a reasonable degree of compatibility and that WE MAKE WORK OUT.

Now I need to go wash out my brain out with 500 Days of Summer, again<<<<one Rom-Com out of a million.

well i want to see and havent seen it yet but i want to it looks like a good movie
Zhed On June 12, 2012

Kaviang, Papua New Guinea
#12New Post! Aug 01, 2011 @ 06:52:56
Ain't that the friggin Truth!

The common case of Mr and Miss Perfect.
Its funny though, you sit down and think sometimes about your version of the perfect one for you...your soul mate so to say before you find anyone and what you would want them to be like, their qualities, looks even hair colour and height etc.. But then you end up finding virtues in the partner you finally saddled up with that still satisfies every nerve in your body until the perception of your soul mate no longer exists or is altered to suit whoever it is you’ve come to hook up with. It’s the f***ING media man it’s playin tricks on people.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs