"Childhood poisoned by modern life"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#16New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:47:33
No parent has ever been given a rule book when their children where born. Most parents try to bring up their children the way they where brought up .

I may be old fashioned when I say this but I do honestly feel, that we do give our children too much. And it s all our own fault the way they live.

We want to give them what we didnt have, but we are also not giving them what we did have e.g.
One parent at home to cook, clean, homeworks, watch the kids. etc.

I am not saying it should be like that, but with two parents both working, life in a hurry, they dont have time for the kids, so its here money for this, that and the other, convenience food at home so if kids are hungry they can fend for themselves. New computers, games, t.vs etc to keep the kids quiet while parents have a rest or lead their own life.

I feel we need to go back to basics.
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:47:35
poor parenting yes
parents who allow their children to sit in front of the TV or Video game for hours and hours and then feed them on e numbers and starch! Its no wonder kids are so mental...

Goths and Emo's didnt just materialize over night did they.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#18New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:58:53
yes
Kasabian On May 25, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 18:04:49
ok
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#20New Post! Sep 13, 2006 @ 00:42:07
bible non-fiction:

1st John 3:18

"Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action"

si or no?
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#21New Post! Sep 13, 2006 @ 03:56:35
@mollymalone Said
No parent has ever been given a rule book when their children where born. Most parents try to bring up their children the way they where brought up .

I may be old fashioned when I say this but I do honestly feel, that we do give our children too much. And it s all our own fault the way they live.

We want to give them what we didnt have, but we are also not giving them what we did have e.g.
One parent at home to cook, clean, homeworks, watch the kids. etc.

I am not saying it should be like that, but with two parents both working, life in a hurry, they dont have time for the kids, so its here money for this, that and the other, convenience food at home so if kids are hungry they can fend for themselves. New computers, games, t.vs etc to keep the kids quiet while parents have a rest or lead their own life.

I feel we need to go back to basics.

Hooray!!! yes, I agree.... Although, this is less the fault of the perents, as it is the times themselves. Cuz like, you know, it's so hard to have just one working parent!!!
digidave On May 24, 2007

Townsville, Australia
#22New Post! Sep 13, 2006 @ 04:13:47
our culture gets more and more disposable - and more self-absorbed - some of teh young parents I know are fantastic, giving their kids every opportunity they can for them to grow into good people - others, well, not so concerned

but i don't think you can point a finger and say "bad parenting"

how about "bad culture"

how about "self-absorbed vain humanity"

how about "shallow head-f*** society"

i don't imagine it's easy for many people just to be themselves in this crazy world - how hard must it be to be yourself AND be there for someone else who is utterly dependent on you?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs