Politics

"Childhood poisoned by modern life"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
ibebatman On May 16, 2007

Renwick, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:00:48
I just saw this thingy on the news about how a juk food lifestyle is 'poisoning kids.'

It says that children spend too much time indoor eating junk food and playing computer games, and not enough time outside. It also said that an over-competative schooling system was depressing young people.

I, personally, don't understand how this can be such a problem. People say that junk food should be abolished completly. Okay, yeah, it IS bad, but surely parents are able to give their kids healthy food. Some people say kids having TVs in their rooms is a terrible idea. I have a TV in my room, with three games consoles, freeview, a DVD player, and a video player. Most of the time I go outside, either with the dog, or just to get some fresh air for an hour or two. I agree that children do get tested at school a lot and it can be very tedious, but I don't understand how some people worry so much it gets them depressed.

If anything is depressing children, it is most likely to be bullies, alongside constant pressure from teachers to 'reach targets.'

I'd like to know your views on this.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:08:05
@ibebatman Said
I just saw this thingy on the news about how a juk food lifestyle is 'poisoning kids.'

It says that children spend too much time indoor eating junk food and playing computer games, and not enough time outside. It also said that an over-competative schooling system was depressing young people.

I, personally, don't understand how this can be such a problem. People say that junk food should be abolished completly. Okay, yeah, it IS bad, but surely parents are able to give their kids healthy food. Some people say kids having TVs in their rooms is a terrible idea. I have a TV in my room, with three games consoles, freeview, a DVD player, and a video player. Most of the time I go outside, either with the dog, or just to get some fresh air for an hour or two. I agree that children do get tested at school a lot and it can be very tedious, but I don't understand how some people worry so much it gets them depressed.

If anything is depressing children, it is most likely to be bullies, alongside constant pressure from teachers to 'reach targets.'

I'd like to know your views on this.

Lets start with education.. the majority of the parents that feed there kids junk food dont realize what its doing to them.. then the go to the Doc.. and he says it ADHD or dsomething..

Next its Avalibilty of food at home.. with parents working longer hours, convinitent food is more so bought.. hence junk food more so bought..

Then theres the skill of cooking.. i feel is a lost art fo ranyone under 30.. I love cooking and i cook everything from scratch.. Im picky about fast food and only go to chinese or indians that have a good resturant attached to the takeway part of the business.

Last of all, child psycologist suggest that children not to watch TV for the first 5 years of there lives.. and second they express that parents be assertive from an early age to show whos boss, this then will be easier for later on in life.. (it works trust me)..
wristband On July 19, 2009

Emerald City,
#3New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:11:02
@ibebatman Said
It also said that an over-competative schooling system was depressing young people.

OK, who are they kidding?! If this study was done in North America, it's full of bull. Americans are the dumbest students in the free world. Experimental studies comparing American students against European, Asian etc. displayed the pathetic quality of education kids [in the U.S.] are receiving.

Bullies, yeah. Peer pressure, yeah. Teachers with a vendetta, sure. Over-competative? I mean, are you on the soccer team...? Maybe then. Academically, no.

About the junk food--I don't think it should be banned. But maybe there should be a limit on how much you can buy, I dunno...
A little bit isn't bad, but the more you have the worse it is.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:16:24
I'm guilty of conveinece foods, and I hate myself for it, but it gets so hard. All around there is sooo much to do.... it's so frustrating sometimes.

I was so happy that I made chili from scratch last night, it's nice to know everything that you put into dinner. It just feels good.
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:17:15
its an over generalisation to say all kids i just think dumb parents breed more dumb kids. you can tell a dumb parent this is good this is bad they dont listen. their idea of healthy eating is a diet pepsi with the take away food
innit!

#6New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:18:18
@squirt_aka_casey Said
I'm guilty of conveinece foods, and I hate myself for it, but it gets so hard. All around there is sooo much to do.... it's so frustrating sometimes.

I was so happy that I made chili from scratch last night, it's nice to know everything that you put into dinner. It just feels good.

I love it when people tell you that it was good.. or even bad.. then i can change what i did.. but normally good..
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#7New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:26:58
"dumb parents breed more dumb kids"

yes, and lots of them from the looks of things

i suppose some of them see it and rebel by moving up

convenience food sounds convenient

if the giant corps would just start using good cooking oil

like olive oil instead of the partialy hydrogenated soybean oil and such

that would be a start

but, how can a 17 year old get it when they have such limited experinence

of the world, its ways and history?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:47:43
This guy is right.

Let's go back to having our kids work the fields with Pa all day! f*** technology, man.
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#9New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 16:50:28
we could introduce the wisdom of the ages

to the beautiful bride of the present

then banish greed and apathy
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#10New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:15:01
@jonnythan Said
This guy is right.

Let's go back to having our kids work the fields with Pa all day! f*** technology, man.

Yes, and in the mean time, can we get back to the days where is was okay to spank your child if they did something like run out into a parking lot.

You know, one day, my daughter walked out of a store with something that she stole. I turned her straight around, took her in, and made her return it, and offered to pay for it, do you know what I was told? "I don't see why she can't just have it". She was even the manager!!!! I had to fight with her to be able to return it bc she thought that the "lesson" I was teaching my daughter was wrong!?!?!?!?
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#11New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:19:50
pain is no substitute for love

wisdom doesn't harm children

read what i wrote

and try not to run it through your filters

how many fields have you cultivated?
thebear On July 12, 2011

, Singapore
#12New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:21:11
there is a lot of apathy these days.. it scares me..

the parents of the children shield them from everything and the children never ever learn responsibility... not when everything is "fixed" by their folks and no matter what kind of evil they have done, their folks fix it so that the child escapes all consequences...

from their sociopathic parents, come sociopathic children who grow up to become....

modern life?

maybe we should not look at the child.. we should look at the parents...

in order to adopt an animal at the SPCA, you have to show that you are a responsible pet owner.. but any irresponsible can have a child..
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#13New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:33:02
@dujac Said
pain is no substitute for love

wisdom doesn't harm children

read what i wrote

and try not to run it through your filters

how many fields have you cultivated?

Pain is no substitute for love.....

okay, well, yeah, but you can't just hug a child and say, "Please don't run into oncoming traffic again". Children tend to have short term memories, and need something spectacular to happend to remember an event. You don't reward a child for that type of thing for the spectacular event, and heaven knows that a severe spanking is much better than a child getting run over by a car.

I don't advocate spankings for the purpose of everyday punishment, but that whatever the infraction, the punishment should be suitable
innit!

#14New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:35:27
@squirt_aka_casey Said
Pain is no substitute for love.....

okay, well, yeah, but you can't just hug a child and say, "Please don't run into oncoming traffic again". Children tend to have short term memories, and need something spectacular to happend to remember an event. You don't reward a child for that type of thing for the spectacular event, and heaven knows that a severe spanking is much better than a child getting run over by a car.

I don't advocate spankings for the purpose of everyday punishment, but that whatever the infraction, the punishment should be suitable

Pain is a deterent... it works and has done for many years..
dujac On May 22, 2012

Hot Springs, Arkansas
#15New Post! Sep 12, 2006 @ 17:45:03
i'm not raising children

i'm planting seeds

we could introduce the wisdom of the ages

to the beautiful bride of the present

then banish greed and apathy
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply