Politics

"Bloody Sunday" 45th Anniversary

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 12:32:59
https://www.rollingout.com/insiderohome/ro-today/8479-rep-john-lewis-terrence-howard-head-up-45th-anniversary-of-qbloody-sundayq-in-selma.html Still brings tears to my eyes!
chief_big On June 12, 2013

haggisville, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 15:28:50
y worse things are happening right now? the irish got their equal rights in northern ireland,when they did, mainly because of these events.
rocket48 On May 23, 2013

, Texas
#4New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 19:42:12
@Spinkiegirl Said

https://www.rollingout.com/insiderohome/ro-today/8479-rep-john-lewis-terrence-howard-head-up-45th-anniversary-of-qbloody-sundayq-in-selma.html Still brings tears to my eyes!

Should bring tears to everyone's eyes. I hate that this happened to people, but I am thankful and happy that our parents generation did something so we didn't have to witness the continuation of it. This world has been through hell for many years past and will continue for years forward.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#7New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 20:33:49
Maybe people in the UK and Ireland need to check out Spinkies link before commenting. "Bloody Sunday" is usually thought of as something entirely different over here - Spinkie is posting a link to something in black history in an entirely different struggle
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#8New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 20:40:54
@sheepy Said

Maybe people in the UK and Ireland need to check out Spinkies link before commenting. "Bloody Sunday" is usually thought of as something entirely different over here - Spinkie is posting a link to something in black history in an entirely different struggle

That just shows how many people actually ignore the links (me included oops) also we need a history lesson
Bloody sunday in Northern Ireland was in 1972, 38 years ago
I apologise for my part in the thread hijacking, Everyday i thank god that the world I live in is torelent of every race. I couldn't imagine living as a black person back then in America. However it shows just how far you have come, a black person is now the most powerful person in the country and (whether you agree with his policies or not) that a great thing
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#9New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:00:55
30 years of rebellion against a despicable crown will never come close to what britain did to Ireland, 1690, 1845-1848, Bloody sunday are just a few examples of why your governments horrific campaign of terror will never be forgotten, This is not a pop at any of the decent british people, This is solely at the british empire. Your countries reputation is scarred for life after the what your empire did during colonial times, The penal laws where cruel and barbaric, They were a deliberate attempt to deny people there dignity and to educate themselves, Why do you think the irish language died out for so long? I don't blame any of the brits of today though if that's how i come across but i won't forget the horrors that went on here. Your royal family should be removed after the destruction it has cost around most the world.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

#10New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:03:04
@Lfc1892 Said

30 years of rebellion against a despicable crown will never come close to what britain did to Ireland, 1690, 1845-1848, Bloody sunday are just a few examples of why your governments horrific campaign of terror will never be forgotten, This is not a pop at any of the decent british people, This is solely at the british empire. Your countries reputation is scarred for life after the what your empire did during colonial times, The penal laws where cruel and barbaric, They were a deliberate attempt to deny people there dignity and to educate themselves, Why do you think the irish language died out for so long? I don't blame any of the brits of today though if that's how i come across but i won't forget the horrors that went on here. Your royal family should be removed after the destruction it has cost around most the world.

Dude we've hijacked this thread enough, everyone needs to stop and read the OP link.
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#11New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:15:33
@tomysandy Said

Dude we're hijacked this thread enough, everyone needs to stop and read the OP link.

It hurts me badly watching that, It reminds me of horrible times that i experienced in crossmaglen when i was a kid, The ira shouldn't have done what they did but your government created the monster inside of them, The way catholics were treated in the north after 1916 was disgraceful, No catholics could get a job and they were forced to flee there homes because loyalist mobs burned them out. Nobody can justify the violence that happened but if you look back on history it was expected, People died for nothing but this could have been avoided if winston churchill decided to give us back all Ireland, I know for a fact every decent british citizen would want a 32 county solution, Unionists and loyalists stand in the way of making history and finally putting it to bed.

Chicago, Illinois
#12New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:34:57
@rocket48 Said

Should bring tears to everyone's eyes. I hate that this happened to people, but I am thankful and happy that our parents generation did something so we didn't have to witness the continuation of it. This world has been through hell for many years past and will continue for years forward.

Now there's the Rocket I know.....thank you friend!
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

#13New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:35:28
@Lfc1892 Said

It hurts me badly watching that, It reminds me of horrible times that i experienced in crossmaglen when i was a kid, The ira shouldn't have done what they did but your government created the monster inside of them, The way catholics were treated in the north after 1916 was disgraceful, No catholics could get a job and they were forced to flee there homes because loyalist mobs burned them out. Nobody can justify the violence that happened but if you look back on history it was expected, People died for nothing but this could have been avoided if winston churchill decided to give us back all Ireland, I know for a fact every decent british citizen would want a 32 county solution, Unionists and loyalists stand in the way of making history and finally putting it to bed.

In fact most British people believe self determination.
66% of the people of Northern Ireland want to stay part of the UK, with 23% want to be part of a United Ireland. So to unite Ireland would be against the populations wishes and expressly against the ideals of democracy and what both countries, the UK and Ireland, are built on

Chicago, Illinois
#14New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:36:19
@sheepy Said

Thanks buddy.....I was wondering if anyone noticed that LINK I posted!!
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

#15New Post! Mar 07, 2010 @ 21:37:45
@Spinkiegirl Said

Thanks buddy.....I was wondering if anyone noticed that LINK I posted!!

So sorry for hijacking the thread, its just bloody sunday is quite a big deal in the UK.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs