Philosophy

*******freedom******

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
angestiu On November 24, 2007

Antipolo, Philippines
#1New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 13:37:43
Is there such thing as freedom?is there absolute freedom?
xxdarkestdesirexx On April 14, 2014

A ballroom, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 13:39:37
I dont know. but i hope there is.
marcus On July 12, 2009

Banned

Membar, Liechtenstein
#3New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 13:42:35
no absolute freedom exists. we only have freedom on a certain level. some people are even conditioned to limit their freedom of thought.
absolute freedom may lead to chaos (imagine a world without laws and some dumbass dudes kill just because they are free to do whatever they want)

Antipolo, Philippines
#4New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 13:50:58
what made you say that there is no absolute freedom?What is freedom for you?
iamspace On March 12, 2007

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#5New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 15:13:15
There is no Freedom.

They tell us that in order to have freedom we must kill or be killed. They also tell us that in order to have freedom we must protect a flag and various other symbols. They also tell us to have freedom we must have laws. There is one little problem though, these same people who are telling us these things are taking away our freedom by criminalizing every action under the sun, employing deception as the rule of dealing with crime, taking our money and putting us in jail because we are broke, exempting themselves with positions of power and money, and eradicating access to defense against their agenda.
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#6New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 15:28:06
I don't believe that there is Freedom in the true sense of the word. Not in this day and age, unfortunately.

Call me a cynic, perhaps I am a tad jaded... but everything in life does come with a price, some - heavier than others. For that tiniest bit of freedom that one acquires, what does one need to sacrifice? Wouldn't that sacrifice, in turn - be somewhat stifling? How can we then call it a state of mind whereby we are free from the shackles of constraint, rules or regimented routine? We may be free to choose and determine our own course of actions - but we will never be free of the consequences and results of our choices.

Then again - it depends on the 'freedom' that we are referring to. For a physical form of freedom - for example: when we are free from curfews or rules that bind us, there is no such thing as an absolute sense of freedom. What we perceive as 'freedom' may not be what it is to others. Liberation is also a form of freedom... as for that, I believe that we are able to feel and be liberated when we break away from our own set of self-imposed rules.

We are 'free' only when we realize that we want to be free, because there is only one kind of freedom as I see it - and that is the freedom of the mind.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#7New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 15:29:43
I am unable to speak.

I posted other topics, and The Forum Site has taken it upon themselves to censor me, and I was providing nothing more than constructive provocative posts.

I used no harsh language of any kind. Only straight out ethical descriptive points of experience and thought.

Either Christians, or Government has to be involved here. This has been the common denominator everywhere I find myself disallowed or interrupted in speech.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#8New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 15:45:17
"(imagine a world without laws and some dumbass dudes kill just because they are free to do whatever they want)"

That imagination has been the very argument of every individual in civilization that has promoted and justified a domination mechanism over the many so a few or one could have power and control for selfish reasons. The argument is it's own antithesis of ethics toward their own fellow people. Hypocrisy!

By the way, Anarchy does not constitute chaos, and anarchy has NEVER existed in civilization, so how can anyone HONESTY say that it would have no value to us?

OH, and on another note: All the freedoms of ANARCHY is exactly what those in power get to enjoy!
BabyRS On February 14, 2015

, Singapore
#9New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 15:56:46
@iamspace Said
I am unable to speak.

I posted other topics, and The Forum Site has taken it upon themselves to censor me, and I was providing nothing more than constructive provocative posts.

I used no harsh language of any kind. Only straight out ethical descriptive points of experience and thought.

Either Christians, or Government has to be involved here. This has been the common denominator everywhere I find myself disallowed or interrupted in speech.

You provided a link - and since you're new, that could be the reason why your post was quarantined. We do not allow SPAM or advertising here - and your post may have been mistaken as such.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with freedom of speech or censorship at TFS. So long as you have not broken any of the site rules, there is no reason why you would be disallowed in speaking your mind. It will only be deemed a breach of the rules when one takes it upon themselves to launch a personal attack against another member, or disrespects the viewpoints of a member. Be controversial if you must, but so long as you stay within the guidelines - it's perfectly fine.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#10New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 16:13:22
"You provided a link - and since you're new, that could be the reason why your post was quarantined. We do not allow SPAM or advertising here - and your post may have been mistaken as such."

I have no personal gain in the link I provided other than perhaps a desire to see the liberating influence in thought in these philosophical discussions here. I came across the site a few days ago and found it surprisingly enlightening. I have endeavored to keep my posts on topic in the various places I have posted at The Forum Site. I don't even know the author(s) of the web site. The site contains information based on the very core nature of the reconciliation of philosophical ideas related to the religious doctrine, with an emphasis on God ideologies and their connection to reality.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#11New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 16:24:48
I appreciate what you have said about this babyrs
, but in consideration of the fact that I attempted to post a NON-link post as well with no attack agenda involved, but perhaps a revelation of censorship, I think the lines of free speach are undefined at the administrative level here. I will find another place to speak to people around the world.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#12New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 16:36:59
P.S. I have been on the Internet ever since just shortly after it was created. I am not new to how it works. I have also witnessed it's gradual censorship. I have also been discouraged to participate in discussions because of mindless selfish rantings in topical areas unrelated to the topic. I do see your point of view, and you are right. It has been a long time since I have used discussion forums because of the above reasons. I'm not sure where to go now.

Deleted

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
#13New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 16:55:51
"We are 'free' only when we realize that we want to be free, because there is only one kind of freedom as I see it - and that is the freedom of the mind"

One final note: the above statement is true, only as long as we use our mind to extend that freedom to other people. AKA freedom of religion.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Mar 10, 2007 @ 16:57:36
there is no such thing as freedom. even when we think we are free we are not.

Antipolo, Philippines
#15New Post! Mar 11, 2007 @ 03:27:33
nice saying from all of u but since were only on the topic of freedom as i started ...... we are matured person and educated .... so we should think and act as a matured 1 just discuss ... jam is only expressing his/ her thought or whats on his/her mind....... and for me that is 1 freedom ..........but the freedom of speech..............
comment jam.............
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs