Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#1New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 15:16:03

"Government researchers in Brazil say they have found one of the world's last uncontacted tribes in a remote corner of the Amazon rainforest.

Aerial pictures revealed by the Brazilian government's agency of indigenous affairs (Funai) showed four large thatched huts fully surrounded by various crops in the Vale do Javari region.

Aloysio Guapindaia, a Funai director, also said they would work to keep the tribe isolated and safe. The tribe is thought to belong to the Pano linguistic group that straddles the border between Brazil, Peru and Bolivia."

https://english.aljazeera.net/video/americas/2011/06/20116234014231943.html

======================================================================

Now assuming that they wouldn't all die if we made contact (from diseases they aren't immune to, violence, etc.), don't you think it's better if we did make contact? Wouldn't you be pissed if the world you thought existed was actually not what you thought at all and that the truth was being kept from you?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#2New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 18:02:55
The Brazilian government needs to invade the tribe's territory, round them all up and relocate them to some big city slums. It would be for the good of those tribes, to keep them safe from loggers etc.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 21:12:35
@galasTAray Said

Now assuming that they wouldn't all die if we made contact (from diseases they aren't immune to, violence, etc.), don't you think it's better if we did make contact? Wouldn't you be pissed if the world you thought existed was actually not what you thought at all and that the truth was being kept from you?

I don't think so. It actually depends on what their current existence is like. If they are miserable and dying and we could (and would) help them, then contact would be favorable.

On the other hand, if they are healthy and content, all we have to offer them is selfishness and strife. What are they really missing if they're happy now?

Oh and what 'truth' is being kept from them? It's not like they're living in a lie. They're just living a different life.

The first thing that came to mind is the movie The Village . If you haven't seen it, it's a decent movie but not at all what the previews made it out to be.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#4New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 23:45:31
They probably own iphones and wear Nike trainers lol
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Jun 23, 2011 @ 23:52:38
No matter how stranded and unexposed a human is, they still always seem to know how to make a bow and arrow.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 21:28:51
@someone_else Said

I don't think so. It actually depends on what their current existence is like. If they are miserable and dying and we could (and would) help them, then contact would be favorable.

On the other hand, if they are healthy and content, all we have to offer them is selfishness and strife. What are they really missing if they're happy now?

Oh and what 'truth' is being kept from them? It's not like they're living in a lie. They're just living a different life.

The first thing that came to mind is the movie The Village . If you haven't seen it, it's a decent movie but not at all what the previews made it out to be.

For sure. Leave them the hell alone.
Perimeter borders should be established hundreds of miles in every direction.
Guns should fire and kill anyone trying to encroach. (excepting the tribe may come & go if they like)!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Jun 25, 2011 @ 21:52:57
@galasTAray Said

Wouldn't you be pissed if your way of life had been working for you and yours for millions of years and all the sudden a bunch of uninvited unwanted and unneeded people started coming around making you and yours sick and trying to communicate to you that your way of life is all wrong and they have the answer to questions you aren't asking ?

This is the chance for civilization to prove we have learned from our past.
It's to bad that they have been found and even worse that it's been published in the news media .
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 00:34:27
@white_swan53 Said

Wouldn't you be pissed if your way of life had been working for you and yours for millions of years and all the sudden a bunch of uninvited unwanted and unneeded people started coming around making you and yours sick and trying to communicate to you that your way of life is all wrong and they have the answer to questions you aren't asking ?

This is the chance for civilization to prove we have learned from our past.
It's to bad that they have been found and even worse that it's been published in the news media .

We need to adopt the Star Trek prime directive!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 00:40:27
@shinobinoz Said

We need to adopt the Star Trek prime directive!

I'm not a Star Trek fan so I had to google it.
I agree completely .
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 00:47:19
@white_swan53 Said

I'm not a Star Trek fan so I had to google it.
I agree completely .

I was young and really enjoyed it- but have never been a nerd in regards to the show.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 00:48:57
I also say leave them alone. I mean, we could conceiveably learn a lot from them sociologically speaking, but at what cost?

I have to admit that as much as I love technology and a lot of modern advances...the first word that popped in my head when I read the title of the thread was "unspoiled."
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 00:52:50
@Eaglebauer Said

I also say leave them alone. I mean, we could conceiveably learn a lot from them sociologically speaking, but at what cost?

I have to admit that as much as I love technology and a lot of modern advances...the first word that popped in my head when I read the title of the thread was "unspoiled."

Great word for it.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#13New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 01:03:05
I agree, unspoiled is great. Leave them be.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#14New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 01:42:55
when I was a wee snot I used to daydream about exploring the Amazon, finding unknown tribes and maybe lost cities, marrying a chief's daughter etc. I had maps and planned imaginary expeditions on those long winter nights long ago.
howmuchisthatdoggie On January 09, 2013

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jun 26, 2011 @ 02:48:43
@Wellard Said

They probably own iphones and wear Nike trainers lol

Too Right there Wellard I bet the first smartarse Anthropoligist is gonna be mighty peeved to come into the clearing of their village and find them all sitting around drinking Starbucks Coffee wile watching the Copa Americana on a Plasma screen in the chiefs hut....Oh God let it happen pleeezzzz....I would still be laughing while telling my Grandkids decades from now
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs