Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#31New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:11:39
@Glenn Said

A person who makes 15k a year does spend 27k a year...because he gets 12k a year from my pocket via government benefits.

Legal plunder.

It is the perfect crime.

For a taxpayer with 4 children.

Nevertheless, the church can get involved to fill out a balance for failing to share the wealth. I'm serious.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#32New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:24:34
@Reviso Said

Nevertheless, the church can get involved to fill out a balance for failing to share the wealth. I'm serious.

Nobody here disagree? Greed can be in the soul; and YES, money is the best positive form of greed.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#33New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:24:54
@El_Tino Said

There you have it.

My portrait of the person earning $1m was actually not the norm for someone with that high an income. More often than not, they save a good chunk of it so paying it as taxes actually gets it into the economy giving people jobs instead of tied up in assets in a foreign account somewhere.

Hmm ... "More often than not, they save a good chunk of it..."

So do they "save" it by investing it in the stock market? Which is a good thing! Or do they keep it in a mattress somewhere?

And I don't understand .... were you missing a "not" because you say...

"...so paying it as taxes actually gets into the economy..."

Did you mean it "does not" get into the economy? Or as opposed to paying it as taxes?
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#34New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:26:37
@Reviso Said

No complaints here Bubba...it is not the duty of the government to tell you where or how or even how much money to spend.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#35New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:30:11
@DorkySupergirl Said

Its about people who claim they are not making enough to get by but when you look at their spending, they are wasting it all or spending foolishly, you know, living beyond their means.

So obviously that whole "living beyond their means" part is only for people making 45k/year or more.

LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#36New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 20:52:20
@Glenn Said

So obviously that whole "living beyond their means" part is only for people making 45k/year or more.

Do you understand the difference between wasting the money you've got versus not making enough to get by? It's not like they are getting government assistance for nannies, dry cleaning and a gardener.
chaski On about 21 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#37New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 20:59:04
@Glenn Said

Nice chart.

What is it supposed to represent?
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#38New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 22:34:04
@chaski Said

Nice chart.

What is it supposed to represent?

His beef that people making very little end up getting just as much compensation as those making 60 grand (after taxes).

I'm not sure how widespread or accurate that data is, but if it is he has a pretty legit argument in my opinion.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#39New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 22:39:00
@Leon Said

His beef that people making very little end up getting just as much compensation as those making 60 grand (after taxes).

I'm not sure how widespread or accurate that data is, but if it is he has a pretty legit argument in my opinion.

It's state specific to Mississippi where they receive $2.02 in fed money for every $1 they put into the kitty.
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#40New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 22:42:59
Your forgot:

- Personal Trainer

- Maseuse

- Therapist

etc, etc...
Stalker

#41New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 22:57:59
@Leon Said

Yes... I followed some of it, but if his data is supposed to represent a person's ("average" person's) income and expenses per year... it is missing a considerable amount of information... rent or mortgage, vehicle loan or lease, vehicle insurance, gas, food, utilities... etc...

For example: If a person has a gross "income" of $60,000 per year and lives in So. Florida and owns/rents a vehicle, owns/rents a house/apartment, pays for electricity/TV-Internet connection, actually eats food on a daily basis and pays for it, pays for the insurance for the vehicle... etc... (you probably get the point)... buys clothes once in a while... etc... a person (again in So. Florida) could quickly run out of money on a monthly basis... even being fairly frugal.

Now throw in a family tragedy (death, illness, arrest of family member, hurricane, flood or fire etc...) a person very quickly be under water (financially) and even homeless...

and $60,000 per year seems like a pretty good income.

Anyway, the point being: Glen's pretty little spread sheet doesn't seem to cover reality very well.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#42New Post! Nov 17, 2012 @ 00:01:55
@chaski Said

Yes... I followed some of it, but if his data is supposed to represent a person's ("average" person's) income and expenses per year... it is missing a considerable amount of information... rent or mortgage, vehicle loan or lease, vehicle insurance, gas, food, utilities... etc...

For example: If a person has a gross "income" of $60,000 per year and lives in So. Florida and owns/rents a vehicle, owns/rents a house/apartment, pays for electricity/TV-Internet connection, actually eats food on a daily basis and pays for it, pays for the insurance for the vehicle... etc... (you probably get the point)... buys clothes once in a while... etc... a person (again in So. Florida) could quickly run out of money on a monthly basis... even being fairly frugal.

Now throw in a family tragedy (death, illness, arrest of family member, hurricane, flood or fire etc...) a person very quickly be under water (financially) and even homeless...

Anyway, the point being: Glen's pretty little spread sheet doesn't seem to cover reality very well.

It's not meant to cover rent/insurance/loans and other items. That chart is pretty pertinent to the argument because it assumes that the $11000 the person actually made after tax was used to cover all other living expenses needed to live. Basically, a $15,000 household income family gets enough assistances to live a $30,000 lifestyle.

What needs to be asked is what the savings rate is between the $30K family and the 60K family which should give a better understanding of the situation and how ahead one gets.

Either way, people will complain if the they have a million in the bank, 250K in the bank or any other number. Someone making 250K a year and complaining about it is a bigger moron than the 30K people, however luckly it's America and people can complain about whatever they want.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#43New Post! Nov 17, 2012 @ 00:18:48
@chaski Said

No, that chart only represents income, not expenses outside of taxes. And his point was that the post-tax income remains the same, just that it comes from different sources.
Stalker

#44New Post! Nov 17, 2012 @ 00:31:03
@boobagins Said

It's not meant to cover rent/insurance/loans and other items. That chart is pretty pertinent to the argument because it assumes that the $11000 the person actually made after tax was used to cover all other living expenses needed to live. Basically, a $15,000 household income family gets enough assistances to live a $30,000 lifestyle.

What needs to be asked is what the savings rate is between the $30K family and the 60K family which should give a better understanding of the situation and how ahead one gets.

Either way, people will complain if the they have a million in the bank, 250K in the bank or any other number. Someone making 250K a year and complaining about it is a bigger moron than the 30K people, however luckly it's America and people can complain about whatever they want.

@Leon Said

No, that chart only represents income, not expenses outside of taxes. And his point was that the post-tax income remains the same, just that it comes from different sources.

OK

I sometimes have a hard time understanding what Glen is trying to say, and normally whenever I ask him he goes off on some tangent and tries to get me to admit something that I didn't say....

But now I understand the point of the chart.

El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#45New Post! Nov 17, 2012 @ 06:45:43
@Glenn Said

A person who makes 15k a year does spend 27k a year...because he gets 12k a year from my pocket via government benefits.

Legal plunder.

It is the perfect crime.

For a taxpayer with 4 children.

There's no way you pay anywhere near $12k/year in taxes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs