Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#16New Post! Nov 15, 2012 @ 21:02:04
@Glenn Said

So now you are deciding that he doesn't need a travel agent. What's next are you gonna tell him his tooth brush is too expensive?

Y'all crack me up. It is as if you and the government have taken it upon yourselves to determine WHAT A PESON NEEDS...OR BETTER YET WHAT THEY SHOILD WANT!

I can see it now a "1985" tax.

Anyone who spends money like it is 1985 shall be taxed an extra 4.75%.

Anyone who hires a travel agent to book a trip shall be tax an extra 3.25%.

Which will "tariff" the travel agent out of business and he will go on infinite unemployment.

And now the travel agent no longer has a job and the extra tax money from the rich guy goes right into the unemployed travel agents pocket...for doing nothing at all.

Absolutely brilliant. Legal theft ... the absolute perfect crime!

Why didn't I think of it?

What the hell are you talking about?
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#18New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 01:30:05
@El_Tino Said

What the hell are you talking about?

Well you know...you are telling him that enough is enough...and questioning his use of a travel agent...okay maybe that was not you... And you told him tht he really does not need the gate guards and...and...well...bottome line is you may as well comtrol all of the rich guys money and where he spends it.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#19New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 01:44:40
@Glenn Said

Well you know...you are telling him that enough is enough...and questioning his use of a travel agent...okay maybe that was not you... And you told him tht he really does not need the gate guards and...and...well...bottome line is you may as well comtrol all of the rich guys money and where he spends it.

Its about people who claim they are not making enough to get by but when you look at their spending, they are wasting it all or spending foolishly, you know, living beyond their means.
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#20New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:10:06
@DorkySupergirl Said

Its about people who claim they are not making enough to get by but when you look at their spending, they are wasting it all or spending foolishly, you know, living beyond their means.

So do they actually own their money or not?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#21New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:12:02
@Glenn Said

They own their money, but people also need to learn how to spend it wisely and not over spend. If you make $100k a year, do you think it would be reasonable for you to spend $125K a year on things that might not be considered necessities?
Stalkee

#22New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:15:33
Another question

if someone makes $15K a year, is it reasonable for them to spend $27K a year?

Who would you be more mad at? The 15K person or the 100K person? I sense a double standard coming up.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#23New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:17:50
@Glenn Said

Its their money and they can do whatever they want with it. If they want to gamble it all away, good for them. But no one should be claiming poverty when they make 250,000$ a year and say they have no money.

Perhaps you have not met someone like that, I have and its annoying. Always crying they are behind on bills, blah blah blah but they spend their money on foolish things and could be saving it.

Its not about telling people what to do with their money its about not wanting to listen to their s*** when they waste and have more than most people.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#24New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:18:11
@Glenn Said

Depends on the amount of their debts.

Of course they could over spend, get deep into debt, then file for bankruptcy and put the burden on everyone else... which if I am not mistaken (based on your reasoning) would be immoral.
Stalkee

#25New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 02:20:43
I'm actually surprised by the BS that Glenn spews
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#26New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 06:42:38
@Glenn Said

@DorkySupergirl Said

There you have it.

My portrait of the person earning $1m was actually not the norm for someone with that high an income. More often than not, they save a good chunk of it so paying it as taxes actually gets it into the economy giving people jobs instead of tied up in assets in a foreign account somewhere.

20 people earning $50k will spend more than 1 person earning $1m, thereby leading to more economic activity.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#27New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 07:53:44
@El_Tino Said

Oh this is hilarious

"It’s no surprise that working couples in big cities are struggling to raise children while paying off mortgages and student debt. What is surprising is that they’re lumped in with the so-called “wealthy” if they jointly earn $250,000 a year."

"The bottom line: It’s not exactly easy street for our $250,000-a-year family, especially when they live in high-tax areas on either coast. "

"Some of the expenses incurred by couples like the Joneses may seem lavish — such as $5,000 on a housecleaner, a $1,200 annual dry cleaning tab and $4,000 on kids’ activities. But when both parents are working, it becomes nearly impossible to maintain the home, care for the kids and dress for their professional jobs without a big outlay."

"After covering taxes and only essential expenses for housing, groceries, child care, clothing, transportation, and the dog, the Joneses would still be in the red by $1,787 in Huntington."

Is $250,000 a Year Rich? Let's Break It Down

A few of the annual necessities
- A $750,000 house near the best school.
- $5,000 for house cleaning
- $2,600 for gasoline tax (not sure how that works out, my wife and I spend less than that on gasoline alone in the past year).

So their hypothetical scenario leaves $175k after taxes, minus $50k mortgage is $125k.

How on earth do you spend $125k on "essentials" only including "groceries, childcare, clothing, transportation & the dog". Oh right, I forgot the $34k put in the IRA, which is almost as much as what the typical family earns to begin with!

Damn, let's play this game with the couple earning $1m. Let's say they pay $400k in taxes, then they're only left with $600k.
- Elite private preschool for the kids: $100k
- House in a "decent" neighborhood: $150k
- Personal chef: $100k
- Chauffer/Transportation: $75k
- Nanny: $100k
- Gardener: $30k
- Travel/clothing: $70k

Holy crap after just the essentials of childcare, food, clothing and housing there's not even any left over to save for retirement even with such a seemingly large income as $1m.

Oh, BOO HOO. It just goes to show you, money does NOT bring you happiness. Those people need to learn to live within their means just like the rest of us. I make 1/10 of $250,000 and all my bills are paid, my car is paid for, and I still have money in the bank (gulp). Keeping up with the Jones' has never been anything I'm interested in. I'm content with where I am in life... besides, you can't take it with you when you die.

J.R.
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#28New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 10:13:19
OMG 250 k yep Id like that. If thats not enough they should get a finance advisor on how to handle there money because that to me and others is a s*** load of cash and I could do plenty with that and have left overs
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#29New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:05:22
@floydgirrl Said

Another question

if someone makes $15K a year, is it reasonable for them to spend $27K a year?

Who would you be more mad at? The 15K person or the 100K person? I sense a double standard coming up.

A person who makes 15k a year does spend 27k a year...because he gets 12k a year from my pocket via government benefits.

Legal plunder.

It is the perfect crime.

For a taxpayer with 4 children.

boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#30New Post! Nov 16, 2012 @ 13:10:50
@Glenn Said

Legal plunder.

It is the perfect crime.

If it's legal, then it's not a crime.

refer to my signature for anything else you need to know.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs