Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:38:14
@x_chanelle_x Said
I can be mature most of the time, but then again really immature for example the other day at a party i had a cheese fight, kinda gross really as a lot of that fake plasticky cheese got stuck in my hair.
I guess teenagers so appear to be more 'mature' or maybe it isnt that, for i know at my school (which is an all girls) kida in year 7 are wearing cake loads of makeup.. which i never did until year 9 probably, even then it wasnt much.
Perhaps it is make up, or just today's society where kids appear older than they seem, and make up and clothes help to show this. Im unsure to be honest, but id definatly say kids do looks so much older!

I would still have a cheese fight
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#17New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:38:29
@x_chanelle_x Said
Being a child at heart though is good otherwise i'd guess you'd just be boring

So true!!!
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#18New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 19:59:26
I remember when I was about 12 I was saying all the time "I hate being younger I wish I was older" and now that I am, I wish I was younger again. You don't realize how crazy life can be when you're older, all the responsibilities you have, with jobs and things like that. It's sad that people are in such a hurry to grow up, especially when it's not all it's cracked up to be sometimes.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 20:00:09
i love being young. i dont want to be an adult. maybe thats the fundimental difference between boys and girls.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#20New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 20:21:26
On a personal level dealing with my two teenage girls I'd have to say they seem to me to be more mature at their age than I was . I mean when I was Ashley's age I was married and preggie but I was still a kid in many ways, I was selfish alot . I did'nt realize how immature I really was until latley.

With AShley and Kayla I have to say they are handling a lot more than I could have ever handled at that age. Ashley will be 18 in November and she manages two family businesses and does a very good job at that. She works about 60 - 70 hours a week at her own choosing and has managed to save a lot of money to put toward her college amongst other things. I could have never done that at that stage in my life. Kayla will be 15 in about three weeks and she has accomplished alot too. She works about 45 hours a week and only spends about $50 a week out of her pay check the rest goes in the bank.

Clothes and make-up make the girls look more mature but I really thing maturity is a state of mind more than appearance.

Just my two cents worth.
unseenlove On October 15, 2007

Navadaville, Alabama
#21New Post! Jul 03, 2006 @ 20:34:05
@stumblinthrulife Said
I'm feeling like my mother just writing this topic. I've noticed that kids look so much older these days. Maybe it's the attitude, more self confidence and self-awareness than we used to have, or maybe it's just make-up and clothes. I really don't know.

How do teenagers feel today? Do you feel that you are an adult already? Do you feel you have the answers? How do you think you'll feel about it when you look back in 10 years time?

I remember as a teenager feeling like I was grown up and adult, and only realising later when looking back how childish I actually still was.

Please note that I don't want this thread to turn into adults bashing teenagers. It's somewhat ironic to hear an adult wailing on a teenager about how they are not mature....

I don't feel like an adult, and frankly, I don't want to be an adult yet! I feel like I'm being forced to be more mature though. I think its because of the family situations though, my mother not being a mother sort of makes ME feel like I need to grow up and try to guide my brother a little better, because I don't want him to end up doing drugs, in a gang, bullying people... that sort of stuff.

That just makes me more mature at home, but when I'm out, or at school, I make sure to behave - but I'm a crazy KID. And that's what I'm supposed to be.

I think that the peer presure that there is now makes you feel like you NEED to have the answers, even if you don't. I try to admit that I don't have the answers, and show that it doesn't bother me very much, but it does, and it sort of forces me to learn more making a lot of the teenagers more knowledgable than previous years.

A lot of people are a lot more competative.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs